Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No record of sent email (Gmail)

Options
  • 10-04-2018 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Please move if wrong forum.

Been using Gmail for years - never had any probs. But the weirdest thing happened today and I can't figure it out...

I replied to an email using gmail on a browser on a laptop, before putting it away. Later in the day then, I was looking at the same email reply via the Gmail app on a mobile. And then I noticed a cursor and that the email was in edit mode so I figured I must have hit the reply or forward button by mistake and so selected a 'discard' option to get out of it. But then the actual original email reply was gone. And there was no record either of it in the sent folder. But neither was there any record of it in the bin! So what happened?

And here's the clusterfcuk... So I'm starting to doubt I ever replied to the email in the first place and maybe it just stayed as a draft for the day. And so I take my laptop out of hibernation to send a reply again... And low and behold, I see the last gmail browser page from when I originally sent the email reply with the 'message was sent' message at the top and the correct time that I sent it earlier. But as soon as the laptop connected to the wifi, Gmail updated and now also shows no record of the reply.

Sorry for the ramble... But I know now that I'm not going mad and that Gmail did send the original message. So where the fcuk is it? Aghhhhh!

Comments

Sounds like the "message sent" dialogue may have been premature.
    When are you expecting a reply? Would like to see how this turns out, been having awkwardness with emails myself lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Subtle

Sounds like the "message sent" dialogue may have been premature.
    When are you expecting a reply? Would like to see how this turns out, been having awkwardness with emails myself lately.

But I'm 100% certain that throughout the day, the reply was also shown on my phone as being sent - as in there was no red coloured Draft note for the conversation. I'll try and find out if the reply was received but it's an awkward situation due to the nature of the email so I'll have to leave it lie now for a week or so.

Advertisement