Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should we protest against the pope's visit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Really, you think its like choosing a soft drink or something?

Of course its a different religion, how can you even say that?

And what is not sexism? They will not allow women become priests for the sole reason that they are women. Not heir education, not their experience, not their abilities, not their faith. Simply based on gender you cannot do it.

They may well do more than priests, but that is not equality.

And women do not want to be like a man, they want to be treated equally.

I'm a devout catholic but abhor the way women are restricted within the church. All this hyperbole about women playing such an important and traditional role is nothing but rubbish that never stands up to challenges. The future of the church lies in giving women the full role they deserve and to allow married priests.
    While I would not protest at the Pope's visit, I shan't be going to see him either.
    I attend many diocesan meetings and workshops and there we voice again and again the warning that the church will regret if they do not open the doors presently locked to women or married people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

But again I will ask the question. What exactly will a protest at the popes visit achieve ??[/quote

Ideally remove their access to our schools with time set aside to influence the youngest most impressionable schoolkids that are our next generation......A protest may push the political powers speed this up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Can we have a poll ?

work wrote: »

Ideally remove their access to our schools with time set aside to influence the youngest most impressionable schoolkids that are our next generation......A protest may push the political powers speed this up!

Of all the issues facing, and within, the church at the moment, I think you're picking the wrong one to gain any great support for a protest.

Of all the issues facing, and within, the church at the moment, I think you're picking the wrong one to gain any great support for a protest.

I can understand your view but if you don't teach the children then the church is gone. I personally know many people that suffered horrendous abuse and suffering by the church but it is when my kids come home and tell me all about what they have learned in religion that I really get concerned. It just keeps the organisation going and seeing your kids influenced by this group really hurts and feels so wrong. You just want your kids to have the best chance.
    Sadly my work has exposed me to many victims of abuse by the church. The abuse all happened when they were kids. These people are very stoic to move on but they are all damaged with high amounts of substance abuse and general disfunction.
    Stop their influence with kids and this all stops at least by people in the pope's organisation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

knipex wrote: »
    If any woman wants to be a priest that badly then the Anglican church or church of Ireland would welcome them with open arms.

But again I will ask the question. What exactly will a protest at the popes visit achieve ??

Attention,by the sound of the OP ?

If the OP was serious about being all-concerned about the Catholic Church's expansion,then they would be well advised to get themselves over to Africa pretty damn quick....

https://thisisafrica.me/pope-francis-gement-in-kenya/

All this oul righteous concern about one of the wealthier nations in the World (Ireland),is to my mind,about playing to the gallery.

Ireland,and it's peoples have matured significantly in the past three decades,and will continue to do so without having to refer to protest leaders for guidance.

For those who are really absorbed in this concern,then perhaps a bit of reverse missionary tactics is what they need to consider ?...the rest of us will muddle along with beer,crisps n'premier league action ;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Why do I get the feeling you're an obnoxious teen atheist?

I was thinking the same lol

Or One of these so and so's who read a Dawkins or Hitchens book....and they're like a pedigree horse out of trap no 2....

Oh the irony of it all, I've seen knobs quote Hitchens and Dawkins on Facebook a few year's ago....

He got an almighty slagging especially when he quoted atheists are smarter than theists pmsl cringe....

Why do I get the feeling you're an obnoxious teen atheist?

Why do I get the feeling you hate kids, teens, atheists..anyone that doesn't agree with you. I am happy for anyone to believe what they want.....read my posts and you will see I don't fall into those categories. Sorry if you do not like my OP, what part of the list is obnoxious....is it not the truth....perhaps you need more faith?

I was thinking the same lol

Or One of these so and so's who read a Dawkins or Hitchens book....and they're like a pedigree horse out of trap no 2....

Oh the irony of it all, I've seen knobs quote Hitchens and Dawkins on Facebook a few year's ago....

He got an almighty slagging especially when he quoted atheists are smarter than theists pmsl cringe....

Wow don't really get the rant but read my posts and you will see the insults wouldn't apply but probably too much work to do this...

You'll be protesting so?

Read the OP I am asking questions not saying I will do anything just asking if people feel a protest is merited, why I feel it is and asking if anything is organised.

• Advertisement

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Attention,by the sound of the OP ?

If the OP was serious about being all-concerned about the Catholic Church's expansion,then they would be well advised to get themselves over to Africa pretty damn quick....

https://thisisafrica.me/pope-francis-gement-in-kenya/

All this oul righteous concern about one of the wealthier nations in the World (Ireland),is to my mind,about playing to the gallery.

Ireland,and it's peoples have matured significantly in the past three decades,and will continue to do so without having to refer to protest leaders for guidance.

For those who are really absorbed in this concern,then perhaps a bit of reverse missionary tactics is what they need to consider ?...the rest of us will muddle along with beer,crisps n'premier league action ;)

Is the abuse of a single child something you will be accepting of? If this is possible by removing the churches influence in Ireland ( where my children live) we stop any chance of further abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Read the OP I am asking questions not saying I will do anything just asking if people feel a protest is merited, why I feel it is and asking if anything is organised.

Your tone is lot more neutral now that it was in your OP, and you are most certainly encouraging a protest at the end.
    I believe a huge protest against the popes visit is required to show the government and church they are no longer welcome or wanted in our society. What do you think? There are many stakeholders that should protest their removal from any influence in our society. Some that come to mind are:
    1) Anyone not supportive of misogyny
    2) Anyone that doesn't believe in school indoctrination of children in a massive lie.
    3) Anyone concerned about abusers in positions allowing abuse
    4) Anyone with the most basic scientific education.
    5) Anyone that doesn't support cults
    6) Anyone that believes LGBT people should be treated fairly in society.
    7) Anyone that believes women should have ANY control of their bodies.
    8) Anyone that is not seen as equal in the church namely women children and men.

There are many other areas but I realised I have covered everyone. As such let's all go to the Phoenix park to let the Vatican know they are not welcome.
    Are there any peaceful groups planning to protest?

Is the abuse of a single child something you will be accepting of? If this is possible by removing the churches influence in Ireland ( where my children live) we stop any chance of further abuse.

This is the basis of religious intolerance: the case of exaggerating one negative aspect of a religion and expanding it to the point where you think it actually identifies the entire faith. You see the same thing with Judiasm and narcissism; muslims and radical terrorism and now catholics and child abuse.

No, child abuse should never be accepted and the idea that someone would accept it simply because they are catholic is beyond fallacy. To believe that ridding the state of the Catholic church would "stop any chance of further abuse" is even more so.

FTR - I write this is neither a catholic nor an athiest.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Your tone is lot more neutral now that it was in your OP, and you are most certainly encouraging a protest at the end.

This is the basis of religious intolerance: the case of exaggerating one negative aspect of a religion and expanding it to the point where you think it actually identifies the entire faith. You see the same thing with Judiasm and narcissism; muslims and radical terrorism and now catholics and child abuse.

No, child abuse should never be accepted and the idea that someone would accept it simply because they are catholic is beyond fallacy. To believe that ridding the state of the Catholic church would "stop any chance of further abuse" is even more so.

Thank you for taking the time for a comprehensive review of my posts but you are somewhat warped in presenting my view.
    I wanted really to stimulate debate in this as such I was forceful in the OP however my second line is a question...."what do you think".

Regarding the child abuse issue. Preventing the churches access to children will not prevent abusers finding access to children but would it not prevent some child abuse? Even of one child? I wrote this in response to someone saying they will drink beer and eat crisps instead of protesting.

I am sorry you take issue with my comments and that is not the intention. Intolerance is not acceptable and I never said anything to the contrary.

The church have demonstrated and continue to demonstrate that they are not good guardians for our schools and children's education. Personally my biggest concern is removing them from our schools or making them very much the exception as a choice in education.

Intolerance is never acceptable but neither is it acceptable for there to only be a choice of state funded and private church schools. Most posters seem ambivalent about the pope's visit but state they see their influence as dying however I think we should no longer accept it. I feel there are people with a much bigger axe to grind with the church and I am surprised they are so silent so perhaps I am wrong which I accept.
    Simply I would like the church out of the schools or at least the exception and not the rule. Protesting would be one way to speed this up as it is happening but VERY SLOWLY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,764 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Those are all very good points and I agree them them in the absolute sense. All muslim are not terrorists, all Germans weren't Nazis etc.

And in the case of the CC it could originally be argued that this was simply a case of the perpetrators happen to be priests. Where it falls down is that the CC actively went out to cover up these crimes. Went aggressively against the victims and did everything it could to protect the priests and the church itself.

In addition, the CC puts itself out there as a moral guardian, with its purpose set out to be the spreading of the word of Jesus. This is somewhat grating against an organisation that views it own laws above the state, the looks to protect itself rather than the vulnerable, that actively goes to silence the victims.

So no, every catholic cannot be blamed for the abuse and cover up. But every catholic carries the burden that they continue to stay passive, continue to support the church, by supporting the visit of the head of the organisation, they are giving their tacit approval of how it is operating.

That of course doesn't mean they support the practices themselves, they are merely taking the easy approach and convincing themselves that they have no part to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Thank you for taking the time for a comprehensive review of my posts but you are somewhat warped in presenting my view.
    I wanted really to stimulate debate in this as such I was forceful in the OP however my second line is a question...."what do you think".

Regarding the child abuse issue. Preventing the churches access to children will not prevent abusers finding access to children but would it not prevent some child abuse? Even of one child? I wrote this in response to someone saying they will drink beer and eat crisps instead of protesting.

I am sorry you take issue with my comments and that is not the intention. Intolerance is not acceptable and I never said anything to the contrary.

The church have demonstrated and continue to demonstrate that they are not good guardians for our schools and children's education. Personally my biggest concern is removing them from our schools or making them very much the exception as a choice in education.

Intolerance is never acceptable but neither is it acceptable for there to only be a choice of state funded and private church schools. Most posters seem ambivalent about the pope's visit but state they see their influence as dying however I think we should no longer accept it. I feel there are people with a much bigger axe to grind with the church and I am surprised they are so silent so perhaps I am wrong which I accept.
    Simply I would like the church out of the schools or at least the exception and not the rule. Protesting would be one way to speed this up as it is happening but VERY SLOWLY.

Nothing at all to do with the issue, just the consistency. I take it personally when someone assumes they speak for the whole of society when in fact they only speak for themselves. It's arrogant. It also tells me that you're the kind of person that has no problem banning things they don't agree with so, while it's not me now, it might actually be something I believe in or agree with next.
    First they came for the catholics...

Your specific bones of contention are more with the government, not the church as I've said before. Wanting the church out of schools (which I'd agree with) is totally different from wanting the pope out of Ireland.

If you're going to protest, 1) be honest about it, 2) speak only for the people who agree with you, 3) protest the right people.

Those are all very good points and I agree them them in the absolute sense. All muslim are not terrorists, all Germans weren't Nazis etc.

And in the case of the CC it could originally be argued that this was simply a case of the perpetrators happen to be priests. Where it falls down is that the CC actively went out to cover up these crimes. Went aggressively against the victims and did everything it could to protect the priests and the church itself.

In addition, the CC puts itself out there as a moral guardian, with its purpose set out to be the spreading of the word of Jesus. This is somewhat grating against an organisation that views it own laws above the state, the looks to protect itself rather than the vulnerable, that actively goes to silence the victims.

So no, every catholic cannot be blamed for the abuse and cover up. But every catholic carries the burden that they continue to stay passive, continue to support the church, by supporting the visit of the head of the organisation, they are giving their tacit approval of how it is operating.

That of course doesn't mean they support the practices themselves, they are merely taking the easy approach and convincing themselves that they have no part to play.

Very true, but not the point the OP was making (or, if it was, not making very well)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thank you for this. Especially the penultimate para. Has taken a long time to reach this point but Tuam did it once for all.

However many will turn out just for the spectacle and because he is famous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

I believe a huge protest against the popes visit is required to show the government and church they are no longer welcome or wanted in our society. What do you think? There are many stakeholders that should protest their removal from any influence in our society. Some that come to mind are:
    2) Anyone that doesn't believe in school indoctrination of children in a massive lie.
    8) Anyone that is not seen as equal in the church namely women children and men.

There are many other areas but I realised I have covered everyone. As such let's all go to the Phoenix park to let the Vatican know they are not welcome.

You would never ever post this in relation to Islam, even though it is a growing force in Europe and Ireland, and is far more extreme in its beliefs. Keep fighting the good fight social justice warrior.

jugger0 wrote: »
    You would never ever post this in relation to Islam, even though it is a growing force in Europe and Ireland, and is far more extreme in its beliefs. Keep fighting the good fight social justice warrior.

I find it sad people need to be insulting on boards and I am really being turned off posting because of it. Firstly I am sorry if my post insulted anyone it was meant to be for discussion and I made it fairly strong to bring about debate, perhaps it was a little strong though I struggle to find holes in it.

On your main point about Islam. Firstly the pope is not the head of Islam and as such is not relevant here. I certainly would stand over my post in relation to Islam it obviously has very serious issues in relation to its treatment of women among many other things, Saying that my experience of Muslims has been all good as has the majority (and certainly not all) of experience with Catholics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Protest this. Protest that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

You organise op. Off you go. But don't be too shocked if youre on youre lonesome.

Many will be happy to see the His Holiness visit our Catholic country.

Ireland isn't a catholic country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Ireland isn't a catholic country.

Dead right, just full of hypocrites with selective religious associations to justify weddings/christenings/communions et al

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭tigerboon

I believe a huge protest against the popes visit is required to show the government and church they are no longer welcome or wanted in our society. What do you think? There are many stakeholders that should protest their removal from any influence in our society.

What's "our" society? I'm not in the slightest bit religious but I've seen first hand that the church is wanted by some. I also know older people that absolutely reject the church. Each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I am planning to set up a 6 month protest against his visit starting next week in sellafield. Go there and bring your friends. The more like minded people we get the better. Phones or any mode of communication is not necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I think a mass of people ignoring of the pope is the way to go (see what I did there)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Croker and Phoenix Park will be teeming with folk.

Welcome to this Christian land your holiness.

We love you.

I hope that your visit may restore our lost values.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

We love you.

What values would they be?

We love you.

Irish people are known for being very welcoming and generous. I am not sure of the values you mean? The church is far removed from normal family life (can't marry, celibate, no kids, apply own laws above the countries) and have shown a poor history of implementing any sort of normal values or applying the countries laws. Please explein the values you mean and how the church demonstrates these?

Irish people are known for being very welcoming and generous. I am not sure of the values you mean? The church is far removed from normal family life (can't marry, celibate, no kids, apply own laws above the countries) and have shown a poor history of implementing any sort of normal values or applying the countries laws. Please explein the values you mean and how the church demonstrates these?

You need to bone up on Ireland;s history and formation. The Catholic Church created our health and education services and still have a strong influence supported by eg parents

See for example

http://www.ceist.ie/

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    You need to bone up on Ireland;s history and formation. The Catholic Church created our health and education services and still have a strong influence supported by eg parents

See for example

Yes,that is the case.

However now that we’re well clear of the hedge schools it’s time they fecked off out of the schools and left faith formation to occur outside of the schools.

See for example

Yes I really want my kids bought up in the Catholic tradition like CEIST says, what part of tradition do you refer to misogyny and abuse?....perhaps bone up or stick to blind faith, as the master church wants, it is your choice.
    Are you so naive as to think the church oversaw education and health for the good of the population.....it is about control and money.....if they didnt control them especially education they would cease to exist financially and politically. The priests may not understand this but once they do they probably get promoted to Bishop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

There was the black pope on indymedia.ie years back. Wonder what happen to him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I hope he gets a tour of Irelands largest lingerie department.

Yes I really want my kids bought up in the Catholic tradition like CEIST says, what part of tradition do you refer to misogyny and abuse?....perhaps bone up or stick to blind faith, as the master church wants, it is your choice.
    Are you so naive as to thing the church oversaw education and health for the population.....it is about control and money.....if they didnt control them especially education they would cease to exist financially and politically.

This bitterness is inaccurate. All the while, there was a duality. Day schools were not affected by abuse; the residential facilities were . That was one reason why the abuse was not faced up to sooner.

Children in schools got an excellent education. Patients got health care.

Not at all naive; when you are sick you do not ask where the cure is coming from. When you need education the same

The fact remains; the church founded schools and hospitals.

Parents have the right to educate their children in their faith. Period. Whether you or I agree with their choice is of no consequence or relevance.

Without harassment .

Please read the site to learn !

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Yes,that is the case.

However now that we’re well clear of the hedge schools it’s time they fecked off out of the schools and left faith formation to occur outside of the schools.

In the case of Ceist? Parental choice. freedom to choose.

And your opening remark! Yes the church did that.

• Advertisement

In the case of Ceist? Parental choice. freedom to choose.

And your opening remark! Yes the church did that.

Is there such a thing as parental choice when, in a lot of areas, the only state schools are allowed to discriminate based on baptism? Or has that changed since I moved away?

This bitterness is inaccurate. All the while, there was a duality. Day schools were not affected by abuse; the residential facilities were . That was one reason why the abuse was not faced up to sooner.

Children in schools got an excellent education. Patients got health care.

Not at all naive; when you are sick you do not ask where the cure is coming from. When you need education the same

The fact remains; the church founded schools and hospitals.

Parents have the right to educate their children in their faith. Period. Whether you or I agree with their choice is of no consequence or relevance.

Without harassment .

I am not bitter but tired of the real lack of change in the country. Where I live there are no real alternatives to state funded church schools so where is the choice? Plenty of abuse occurred in day schools just nothing like the institutions. It is insane or blind faith to suggest otherwise. The amount of physical abuse was overwhelming it is just sexual that makes the headlines. We should not forget or forgive and I cannot see anything they do to suggest they have mended their ways, still hide and protect their own.
    On your last point about looking at your suggested site. It is promotional religious material which is fine for people that choose their blind faith but I wouldn't don't see the point. The state needs to take responsibility for all its citizens and leave outdated institutions in the cold and available to people with the need it for thier blind faith. At the same time I have absoloutely no issue with anyone chooseing a religeous path if that is for them. I do feel the complete lack of evidence for this fallacy means we should stop paying for it and promoting it to our kids.

Without harassment .

Absolutely agree with this, but with the Catholic Churches dominance in school patronage it is not possible.
    It’s time for the church to let go of their ties with schools... it makes no sense, faith formation and education should be segregated, they don’t belong together.

If you went for a swimming lesson(just picking something random here) run by the church, would you think it appropriate if they made you say prayers first?

Absolutely agree with this, but with the Catholic Churches dominance in school patronage it is not possible.
    It’s time for the church to let go of their ties with schools... it makes no sense, faith formation and education should be segregated, they don’t belong together.

If you went for a swimming lesson(just picking something random here) run by the church, would you think it appropriate if they made you say prayers first?

Not a good eg.. and parents can veto religious content for their children so your analogy fails..

Home schooling is great and I honestly think you are making a fuss needlessly and damaging your child;s education more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 boylecm

I view the pope as a head of state and have no objection to him coming here in that capacity

• Advertisement

Not a good eg.. and parents can veto religious content for their children so your analogy fails..

Home schooling is great and I honestly think you are making a fuss needlessly and damaging your child;s education more.

How about if the kids weren't allowed to participate in said classes unless they had been baptised, but their parents have to fund them regardless?

parents can veto religious content for their children so your analogy fails..
    Have you seen the hoops people have been put through to veto it?
    Oh and what then... sit in a class room on your own sidelined?
    I’m sorry but my tax money pays for theses schools, I don’t want a few hours a week of missed education while others are being indoctrinated.

I’m not on about homeschooling everything... faith formation at home.
    Just like the way you may or may not choose to show your kid how to ride a bike,teach them right from wrong, teach them sympathy etc, if your dead set on a particular faith for your kids you are best positioned to educate them.

My kids are in a multi denominational school, they learn about all religions and what they represent, traditions etc. But they are not driven towards one.

Friends of mine have their kids in a catholic school, they have no choice in schools where they are.
    Their twins are in communion year and they have decided to pull them out of communion as it is not their belief.
    The kids feel like outcasts because the main topic of conversation in school everyday is about the communion, dresses, parties etc.
    Do you think this is right? It’s the focal point for a whole year in school.

My wife and a couple of our kids are primary school teachers. They (while none are in schools with baptism requirements) all feel religion should be removed from the schools and be taught by the parish outside school hours. This would free time in school for other curriculum subjects and end the nonsense of non-believers going through the charade of First Communion and Confirmation just because the rest of the class is doing so. As things stand the so-called catholic patronage in many schools is farcical, with many local priests having little or no interest in the running of the schools.

@graces7

Would you send your kids to a school of let’s say Muslim patronage?

@graces7

Would you send your kids to a school of let’s say Muslim patronage?

I would home school.Always, as many of my younger friends do.

With full approval from the relevant authorities...

The amount of conflict you generate here.. grinding axes.... and so called multi denom are worst of all . Meaningless and empty of any faith.

PS by all means try a "protest" ; and see what the result is? You have no idea what you are up against

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

PS by all means try a "protest" ; and see what the result is? You have no idea what you are up against

For a person of faith, you seem to have no issue with vague threats.

The church has done untold damage to the people of this Island. I started this thread as I would like to see them out of our state funded schools. In fairness I did not state this really there but this would be my objective.
    Many others may have more pressing concerns that they could bring up.
    If you do not stand up to be counted then your opinion can never be heard and the power is left with those that do stand up.
    I am not sure what we are "up against", would you like to explain?

I would home school.Always, as many of my younger friends do.

With full approval from the relevant authorities...

The amount of conflict you generate here.. grinding axes.... and so called multi denom are worst of all . Meaningless and empty of any faith.

Answer the question... would you send them to a Muslim patronage school?

Very few people have the financial resources to homeschool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

The church has done untold damage to the people of this Island. I started this thread as I would like to see them out of our state funded schools. In fairness I did not state this really there but this would be my objective.
    Many others may have more pressing concerns that they could bring up.
    If you do not stand up to be counted then your opinion can never be heard and the power is left with those that do stand up.
    I am not sure what we are "up against", would you like to explain?

:) slow day and all but I am feeling a little sad :( being ignored .....

• Advertisement
Advertisement