Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipotle mayo, long life, recipe suggestion?

Options
  • 10-04-2018 3:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭

Got a random bottle of chipotle past in a wprk delivery last week so figured I'd try to make a chipotle mayo but i just can't get a recipe to work while keeping with a reasonably long life.

Any suggestions or just toss the bottle?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭georgina toadbum

No! Don't toss it. Is it chipotle chilis in adobo or is it chipotle sauce?

You just need to add the chillis to a regular mayo recipe. Here's one for chipotle mayo http://amexicancook.ie/recipe/homemade-chipotle-mayonnaise

Homemade mayo isn't going to have as long a shelf life as regular mayo since it has raw eggs, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

No! Don't toss it. Is it chipotle chilis in adobo or is it chipotle sauce?

You just need to add the chillis to a regular mayo recipe. Here's one for chipotle mayo http://amexicancook.ie/recipe/homemade-chipotle-mayonnaise

Homemade mayo isn't going to have as long a shelf life as regular mayo since it has raw eggs, though.

Nah we have the hellmans. I tried mixing them but it just tastes wrong. I don't know is the chipotle to deep or is the mayo to vinagery. I tried to cut it with lime but again just not something you could serve. There was a suggestion of sour cream but it wouldnt have the shelf life to be worth while unfortunatley.

No i dont think its adobe sauce, it looks like a grounded paste as opposed to a pureed paste, if that makes sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭georgina toadbum

Can you post a picture of it?

I think if you have a blender you should try making it from scratch. It's very tasty and not too difficult to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Can you post a picture of it?

I think if you have a blender you should try making it from scratch. It's very tasty and not too difficult to make.

Ya will get one when i get to work later this evening.

Advertisement