Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish Runner 10 Mile

Options
  • 10-04-2018 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Anybody got a link to a map of the course for this event? Cannot find anything.

I am hoping it is not a double loop?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

I was talking to Frank Greally on Saturday, the course is due to be put up on their site this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

Imagine it will be just taking the old Frank Duffy course much like they do with the 5 miler when it was taken from DCM?

He said that it will be slightly different to the frank Duffy course,

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Tommy Max

Any updates on the 10 mile course yet folks?

Also, what is the 5 mile like? Its a pretty tough hill in the second half of it I imagine so definitely not a PB course?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

Bump

• Advertisement

Any updates on the 10 mile course? Anybody got a map of the route please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Tommy Max wrote: »
    Any updates on the 10 mile course? Anybody got a map of the route please?

Look up Irish Runner on Twitter, it’s on there

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jmcmen

Just noticed this morning on the way in that they are resurfacing the road from the Phoenix roundabout to the top of the Kyber today, brand new for Saturday. Will still be soft :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

What do people think of the route. Where abouts will the hilliest part be, about the 8-9th mile

you won't be short of hills in the morning, the hill out of the Glen at 2 miles, then a hill coming back in the gate at four miles up past the monument, then around 6.5 miles there'e a tough hill up past the magazine fort, finally the hill from mile 7.5 to 8.5 will be a tough finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Flatwhite

Tough conditions this morning, especially mile 9 where I had to walk for a minute. Did it in 77 minutes which is ok but had hoped to do it 3 minutes quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Flatwhite wrote: »
    Tough conditions this morning, especially mile 9 where I had to walk for a minute. Did it in 77 minutes which is ok but had hoped to do it 3 minutes quicker.

Horrible day for me, about 5 minutes past where I wanted to be.

Nice atmosphere though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Paced the 80 minute group for this one. Grand event, overall well organized... A little bit tight in terms of path/ roadway allocation in places, but these were for relatively brief periods. challenging enough course but overall a good event.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Sheep1978

Did anyone run with the 70 min pacer on Sat or know what time he came in at.?

i didnt get to register for this as other obligations arose. i see alot of people disappointed with their times. was it a very tough course hilly wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Tommy Max wrote: »
    i didnt get to register for this as other obligations arose. i see alot of people disappointed with their times. was it a very tough course hilly wise?

The heat and hills on this course set me back. I came in about 10 minutes slower than my usual 10 mile times. This is coming from someone who can't function in the heat anyway.

I thought it was a brilliant race otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cbig

i ran with the 70 minute guy for the first 6 miles - he went off way to quick- I was doing it a a mara pace run looking to pace around 4.20min k but my splits were per below - when I noticed he was slowing I left him and finished in 1.10.08
    the 70 min pacer came in about 2 minutes after me, he didn't really offer a reason when I spoke to him.
    4.19 (hill)
    4.21 (hill)
    4.38 (I left the pacer here)

Advertisement