Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RLAI V IPOA for landlord.

Options
  • 10-04-2018 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if any landlords could recommend either ?
    Have been considering joining either the Residential landlords association of Ireland or the Irish property owners association .

I need to move tenants out of one of my houses and I am not looking forward to it, my own house needs works done and I need to move somewhere for about 6 months genuinly.

I have only had one case in 20 years and that was a non paying tenant which was difficult but I could only act on what they had done and brought it to the PRTB at the time.

Im not looking forward to give these people their notice especially in this climate but I have no choice. Im thinking a bit of support from an organisation might be what I need as I always have to deal with this stuff on my own .

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Visconti wrote: »
    Im not looking forward to give these people their notice especially in this climate but I have no choice. Im thinking a bit of support from an organisation might be what I need as I always have to deal with this stuff on my own
    If you want help, get a solicitor, and evict them by the book so it doesn't cost you more time and money if you do it wrongly.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

the_syco wrote: »
    Visconti wrote: »
    Im not looking forward to give these people their notice especially in this climate but I have no choice. Im thinking a bit of support from an organisation might be what I need as I always have to deal with this stuff on my own
    If you want help, get a solicitor, and evict them by the book so it doesn't cost you more time and money if you do it wrongly.
    I totally second this advice. If the OP sends me a PM I can send a couple of references of solicitors with experience in tenancy law in Dublin. The 200eur of IPOA membership will pay for half the legal advice fee. You can close a deal where the solicitor will prepare the termination notice (for family is really easy the RTB provides a sample you just have to be careful in filling the details: this is where the solicitor might be helpful) and if needed the initial RTB submission if tenant overholds. Having the solicitor at the hearing will be an expensive business charged by the hour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

GGTrek wrote: »
    I totally second this advice. If the OP sends me a PM I can send a couple of references of solicitors with experience in tenancy law in Dublin. The 200eur of IPOA membership will pay for half the legal advice fee. You can close a deal where the solicitor will prepare the termination notice (for family is really easy the RTB provides a sample you just have to be careful in filling the details: this is where the solicitor might be helpful) and if needed the initial RTB submission if tenant overholds. Having the solicitor at the hearing will be an expensive business charged by the hour.

There are counsel doing RTB hearings for a flat fee. Getting notices right is crucial. The hearings can be difficult and very technical. It is pro tenant beyond belief and the slightest slip and failure to point out the legislation can be ruinous.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Visconti

Thanks to all for replies. I have a solicitor who is going to witness the form for "owner needing house back" i got it on rtb. They are a few days over 2 years in so they have to get 56 days notice. I need to be out in about two months so if they overhold I will be the one booking into a hotel. What a mess. I was supposed to get a friends house who was going travelling now that has fallen through. I could have given notice last month or the month before had I of known.

Advertisement