Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chargeback

Options
  • 10-04-2018 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Hi,[/font]
    [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I bought some fish on line from a fish store in Howth but I never received the fish, the company is ignoring my emails and voicemails, I already opened a dispute with Paypal, should I open a dispute also with bank of Ireland or I have to wait too see if Paypal is able to get the refund?How many days I can wait to open a dispute with Bank of Ireland?[/font]
    [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Wait for PayPal and if you want to keep your PayPal account don't do a chargeback.

If you do a chargeback on a PayPal account then PayPal won't ever deal with you again even if you try and sign up using a different bank card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

What store was it? 

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭mille100piedi

my3cents wrote: »
    Wait for PayPal and if you want to keep your PayPal account don't do a chargeback.

If you do a chargeback on a PayPal account then PayPal won't ever deal with you again even if you try and sign up using a different bank card.
    thank you I didn't know this, I will do as you suggested

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭mille100piedi

Effects wrote: »
    What store was it? 
    Dorans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Hi,[/font]
    [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I bought some fish on line from a fish store in Howth but I never received the fish, the company is ignoring my emails and voicemails, I already opened a dispute with Paypal, should I open a dispute also with bank of Ireland or I have to wait too see if Paypal is able to get the refund?How many days I can wait to open a dispute with Bank of Ireland?[/font]
    [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    Hi there,

Thanks for posting here on Boards.

As you've already raised a dispute through PayPal, you shouldn't need to do a chargeback too as PayPal will have their own facility to recall funds for this type of situation.

Of course, you're more than welcome to raise a chargeback with us if you wish. Please see the form at the bottom of the link here.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again, Jane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 macpmacp

If you paid by PayPal use their dispute mechanism, it works fine.
    All you need to do is say the goods were never received.
    It is up to the supplier to provide a proof of delivery in the form of a signature, if they provide PAyPal with the proof of delivery they keep the money if they cannot PayPal will refund you.
    Time is important as you only have a few weeks to dispute the transaction with PayPal, you have about 60 days with a credit card.

Advertisement