Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Rally

Options
  • 10-04-2018 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

So been living in the lovely town of Letterkenny for a year now and am very excited for Donegal rally but I've heard some stories about boy-racers that turn up for the weekend and now there seems to be a larger trance music festival on the Saturday. Can anyone shed any light will the garda actually do their job this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I've never had any problems that weekend before, but I wouldn't go into town at night much anyway. It'll be grand, and it is nice to see a buzz about the place all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

There generally isn't much trouble in the town but if you live close to the centre I'd invest in some earplugs if you ever want to sleep that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

When i lived in lk i used to go to belfast that weekend to get away from it! If you are planning to be out and about the pubs that weekend, or are living centrally you may be impacted by crowds and noise, otherwise youd probably hardly notice it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

retalivity wrote: »
    When i lived in lk i used to go to belfast that weekend to get away from it! If you are planning to be out and about the pubs that weekend, or are living centrally you may be impacted by crowds and noise, otherwise youd probably hardly notice it

You will if you're trying to get around in the traffic. Like you though, I try get out of the town that weekend every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

I try to get out of town for that week, the rally is a great spectacle itself but it brings the dregs with it. LK is horrible on rally week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Traceymax524

Is the dates for 2019 Donegal Rally set yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

Is the dates for 2019 Donegal Rally set yet?

No, motorsport Ireland don't release the calander until December usually.

But the Donegal Rally is 9 times out of 10 held 3rd weekend on June.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

IP freely wrote: »
    No, motorsport Ireland don't release the calander until December usually.

But the Donegal Rally is 9 times out of 10 held 3rd weekend on June.
    mention "rally" and you never know who or whats going to crawl out of the woodwork :P

Hows things mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

muffler wrote: »
    mention "rally" and you never know who or whats going to crawl out of the woodwork :P

Hows things mate?

I have an alert set up where i get a notification when someone posts about "the rally", :pac:.

I'll send you a PM later after work.

Advertisement