Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I be charged for a new meter as new customer.

Options
  • 10-04-2018 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

i Hello ,Signed up for standard meter but found out today that I must pay for a new meter as the previous customer was on the Nightsaver /Dual tariff meter. Do new customers have to bear the 190 euro cost

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Trikerone,

Thank you for getting in touch.

That charge is for removal of the NightSaver meter by ESB Networks. It is not included on a bill so it is not billable to any specific party - it just needs to be paid by phone to Customer Service in advance of the day/night meter removal.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Trikerone

Ah okay it just seems unfair as a completely new customer I have to pay to change to a new tariff when I did not know that the previous owner was on the Night rate. Still lesson learnt although when signing up over the phone no one told me that to be on the standard rate would incur that cost. Bye to any extra credit I was going to get .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Trikerone,

The switching offers of €175 credit and 5.5% off electricity units, or 8.5% off electricity units and gas units each, apply to both 24-hour and day/night ESB Networks meters. Would you be in a position to keep the day/night meter and just concentrate as much usage as you can when the night rate is in effect (which includes early morning up to 9am; it comes into effect at midnight)?

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement