Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick painting job price

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Seriously, if anyone's looking for a painting job, you'd pick up a grand easy for the type of job OP is offering in the South of France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

thats more like it

Call in to your local paint shop and ask for a recommended painter's number.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Seriously, if anyone's looking for a painting job, you'd pick up a grand easy for the type of job OP is offering in the South of France.

yeah but we not in the south of france :D

i remember the days you could get an east european to paint your whole house for 50 quid and still get change for a bag of chips ... they gone awfully expensive these days ...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

€300? Are you sure you told them just the Dormers?

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    €300? Are you sure you told them just the Dormers?

yep - i even pointed at them and made the arch shape . maybe he thought i was going to haggle, you know start high and then come down but i werent in the mood for haggling and just wanted a straight haggle free price, and got quite a shock when he said 300 ... all i could think about was my next electricity bill which could be around the 250euro mark next month....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

i'd say they wised up to exploitation. the eastern europeans we berated unless we were getting cheap labor from them

But yeah that was a PFO price, we are busy don't need it but if you will give us this feck it we will do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

yep - i even pointed at them and made the arch shape . maybe he thought i was going to haggle, you know start high and then come down but i werent in the mood for haggling and just wanted a straight haggle free price, and got quite a shock when he said 300 ... all i could think about was my next electricity bill which could be around the 250euro mark next month....

Did you not tell your electricity provider that was very dear and haggle there too??

Try_harder wrote: »
    Did you not tell your electricity provider that was very dear and haggle there too??

oh blimey :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

id say he didn't want the job, knowing you wouldn't pay €300 and couldn't be arse to do it for less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Archeron

Have you considered a large amount of helium balloons and a deckchair? That always works out well. Or you could use Homers makeup gun and pepper the wall with splattered Marge faces from ground level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Last time I had the whole exterior of my house painted (two storey 2500 sq feet) I paid 800 & that included the paint.... 4 years ago.

i'm thinking of hiring a cherry picker now , bleeding do it meself - i know i dont like heights on ladders, but maybe with the stability of a cherry picker i might be ok . - just dont look down eh? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

i'm thinking of hiring a cherry picker now , bleeding do it meself - i know i dont like heights on ladders, but maybe with the stability of a cherry picker i might be ok . - just dont look down eh? :)

You are right not to take chances with heights. Cherry pickers are safe. If you hire one for a day you could clean out your gettering, even put two coats of paint on the dormers and other high parts of the house.

Coming off a ladder 20 feet up would result in serious injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Advertisement