Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oak, not so much a bargain any more

Options
  • 10-04-2018 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

Coffee and a muffin until 6pm.used to be €2.50 until recently, free refill too, was understandable with they started charging 50c for a refill, it's now gone up to €3.50 with an extra 50c for a refill, all of a sudden other establishments look more interesting, must be all the extra people in the city center since they blocked Patrick's street to traffic on the middle of the day, actually town was nearly deserted at 5.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

€3:50 is still reasonable for a city centre venue and the overheads that they have. Can't imagine they are making much money off it even with the price rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭theglobe

Actually making a thread on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yeah I think €3.50 is still very reasonable. Some other places charge €5.00+ for the same. However I'd never go to the Old Oak for a coffee and muffin..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

€3:50 is still reasonable for a city centre venue and the overheads that they have. Can't imagine they are making much money off it even with the price rise.

Why are city businesses rode bareback with rates?

Anyone hear of killing the goose that laid the golden eggs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

You are dealing with City officals/employees. The only thing they care about is how big their wage packet is and how they can safeguard it.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

yeah I think €3.50 is still very reasonable. Some other places charge €5.00+ for the same. However I'd never go to the Old Oak for a coffee and muffin..

This is where I stand on the matter. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

because the system that other countries use, a small cut of corporation tax from profitable business going to the local authority, supplemented by land based charges, wouldn't work in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

GavRedKing wrote: »
    This is where I stand on the matter. :o

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Slow news day for Cork!

Advertisement