Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH Contract

Options
  • 10-04-2018 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I am looking for a copy of the contract to review before purchasing a FTTH package. I've been in online chat, and was promised that as soon as I got to the entering bank details step it would be there. It was not, just a eir disclaimer.
    I want a copy of the contract for the "eir Fibre Extreme unlimited up to 300Mb, eir Broadband Talk Unlimited National, Mobile & UK" product.
    It should be freely available to review before entering any personal details.

Please post a link to it here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

cencglob wrote: »
    I am looking for a copy of the contract to review before purchasing a FTTH package. I've been in online chat, and was promised that as soon as I got to the entering bank details step it would be there. It was not, just a eir disclaimer.
    I want a copy of the contract for the "eir Fibre Extreme unlimited up to 300Mb, eir Broadband Talk Unlimited National, Mobile & UK" product.
    It should be freely available to review before entering any personal details.

Please post a link to it here.
    Hi cencglob, 

Unfortunately, we wouldn't have a copy of the contract you would be sent if you signed up with us. This would be sent to you once the order has been placed, however, you can view the terms and conditions of the contract here 

This advises you on all terms and conditions of this plan. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭cencglob

Thanks for the pdf, however, I'm not sure you linked the correct one, it's dated from 2015, although it does state in the price list section that it's the 30th amendment, the sections orientated in portrait are not amended.

In any case, this is a generic document mostly containing pages of pricing tables, and general terms covering generic conditions. 
    It also links to further generic documentation, some of which are dead/unsecured links.

Your products are defined by the contract with we both agree to abide by.
    I have every right to examine any proposed contact before agreeing to it. If you are in any doubt contact your legal team.

I suggest that without delay you send me a draft / blank / proposed, contract detailing the FULL conditions specific to the product you are advertising to me (as described above), and that you reconsider how you make these contracts available to the public who's right it is to inspect them prior to agreeing to them.

Cnecglop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks for the pdf, however, I'm not sure you linked the correct one, it's dated from 2015, although it does state in the price list section that it's the 30th amendment, the sections orientated in portrait are not amended.

In any case, this is a generic document mostly containing pages of pricing tables, and general terms covering generic conditions. 
    It also links to further generic documentation, some of which are dead/unsecured links.

I have every right to examine any proposed contact before agreeing to it. If you are in any doubt contact your legal team.

I suggest that without delay you send me a draft / blank / proposed, contract detailing the FULL conditions specific to the product you are advertising to me (as described above), and that you reconsider how you make these contracts available to the public who's right it is to inspect them prior to agreeing to them.
    Cnecglop
    Apologies for some of the links not working on this, I have sent this onto our online team to look into. Thanks for letting us know. 

The details I have sent on are the most up to date terms and conditions we have. The original document was drafted in 2015 and some amendments have been made when needed. 

I'm afraid this is not something we can arrange for you, the contract you would receive would state the terms and conditions of the document above with your personal details attached and the package you pick.  If you wish to see the terms and conditions you can call into your local eir store and they will be able to provide you with this. 

You would also have a 14-day cooling period to decide on the services before the contract begins. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭cencglob

Cnecglop
    Apologies for some of the links not working on this, I have sent this onto our online team to look into. Thanks for letting us know. 

The details I have sent on are the most up to date terms and conditions we have. The original document was drafted in 2015 and some amendments have been made when needed. 

I'm afraid this is not something we can arrange for you, the contract you would receive would state the terms and conditions of the document above with your personal details attached and the package you pick.  If you wish to see the terms and conditions you can call into your local eir store and they will be able to provide you with this. 

You would also have a 14-day cooling period to decide on the services before the contract begins. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    So eir, an internet service provider is recommending that I travel (in my case over an hour) to the an eir store to read a document which cannot for some reason be electronically sent to me?

I would note that you appear to draw a difference between T&C's and a contract. 
    I would point out to you that I have a right to review any T&C's included in any contract you propose (T&C's which are not included in your separate T&C's document) before agreeing to any contract. In other words I have a right to review the full details of what I am committing to before agreeing to it and bringing further disruption to myself should I wish to "cool off" and reject what I have forcible agreed to.

Please act with some manner of respect and get a copy of the full terms and draft contract temple and send me a damm electronic link to it, this is farcical.  

Advertisement