Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

activating voicemail

Options
  • 10-04-2018 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I recently switched to Eir from Vodafone and tried to activate voicemail at 171, all ok, recorded the message etc ...

However when someone calls me instead of going into voicemail after like 6-7 rings, there is a message ''If you would like to leave a message for someone else press 1, if you would like to go to your own voicemail ...''

I tried to chat to customer service on eir.ie and they did switch my voicemail off and than back on (and than they disconnected chat) however that did not fix the problem.

Is there something else I can do ? Voicemail is very important for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Your mailbox number is 08X 5 XX XXXX (the last 7 digits of your mobile number prefixed with 5)

Check your diverts are set up correctly **04*08X5XXXXXXX#
    That will set up all all the conditional diverts simultaneously.

If you're still having issues, it's possible something's not ported. Ask Eir customer care to check the port is definitely complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

mkov1 wrote: »
    I recently switched to Eir from Vodafone and tried to activate voicemail at 171, all ok, recorded the message etc ...

However when someone calls me instead of going into voicemail after like 6-7 rings, there is a message ''If you would like to leave a message for someone else press 1, if you would like to go to your own voicemail ...''

I tried to chat to customer service on eir.ie and they did switch my voicemail off and than back on (and than they disconnected chat) however that did not fix the problem.

Is there something else I can do ? Voicemail is very important for me.
    Hi mkov1, 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with this service. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, emails address and date of birth and I have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement