If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new hifi system

Options
  • 10-04-2018 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi, looking for a new system for a medium size room, that will hopefully be something that I'll keep and build on in the future.

I've listened to the Dali Zensor 3 in a shop, and really liked them (I actually went in to listen to the ELAC Debut B6).

The Yamaha RN602 looks to be good also.  I've mostly digital music, and will be streaming also.  Potential for phono and connecting to tv also down the track.

Is there any reason these wouldn't go well together?  (Or do you think another amp would be better suited?).

Thanks, 
    Dan

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

tmq wrote: »
    Hi, looking for a new system for a medium size room, that will hopefully be something that I'll keep and build on in the future.

I've listened to the Dali Zensor 3 in a shop, and really liked them (I actually went in to listen to the ELAC Debut B6).

The Yamaha RN602 looks to be good also.  I've mostly digital music, and will be streaming also.  Potential for phono and connecting to tv also down the track.

Is there any reason these wouldn't go well together?  (Or do you think another amp would be better suited?).

Thanks, 
    Dan
    Hi Dan,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Those speakers and that amp would pair well together. The RN602 is a great digital amp with streaming functions so you've chosen a good bundle!

I could do both of these for £638 including shipping.

Let me know what you think. Do you also need cables?

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭tmq

Hi David, 

That sounds good.  I'd probably need about 7 metres of cable to be safe.  And some stands also..... I don't know anything about stands, but ideally something with a fairly thin profile (and not too expensive!).  What would you recommend, and what would the total price be?

Thanks, 
    Dan

Hi David, q

That sounds good.  I'd probably need about 7 metres of cable to be safe.  And some stands also..... I don't know anything about stands, but ideally something with a fairly thin profile (and not too expensive!).  What would you recommend, and what would the total price be?

Thanks, 
    Dan
    Hi Tmq.

For stand to suit the Zensor 3 speakers you would be looking at something like the Soundstyle Z2 priced at £79.95
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-100049-z2.aspx

I would go for the QED Micro retailing for £2.50 per meter - I could offer at £2.00 per meter.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-11552-micro-cable.aspx

Total all in would be £731.95 delivered.

Hi, that sounds good... I'm happy to go with that. Let me know what's required to proceed.

Also, can I just confirm that everything is black?

Thanks,
    Dan

Hi, that sounds good...  I'm happy to go with that. Let me know what's required to proceed.

Also, can I just confirm that everything is black?

Thanks,
    Dan
    Hi TMQ.

Yip we have everything in stock in the black finish.

If you drop us a contact number in a PM we can give you a call for some details.

• Advertisement

Very happy with the setup, sounds great!!

Just working out all the connectivity.... any idea what the best way would be to connect a laptop to the amp for audio when I'm streaming? (Netflix, etc.).

I know i can access music on the hard drive over the network, but not sure how to do the above.

Thanks, 
    Dan

Very happy with the setup, sounds great!!

Just working out all the connectivity.... any idea what the best way would be to connect a laptop to the amp for audio when I'm streaming? (Netflix, etc.).

I know i can access music on the hard drive over the network, but not sure how to do the above.

Thanks, 
    Dan
    Hi Dan.

Glad you are up and running and enjoying your new system.

Regarding audio from the laptop, if you are streaming and then sharing this with your screen. What app are you using or is it just screen mirroring?
    To be honest I don't think there is a direct way to stream to the TV and also stream the audio to the RN602.

Does your laptop have a built in bluetooth transmitter?

If not sure if the Mee bluetooth adaptor might work or not. Its usually for bluetooth headphones and pairing to a TV.
    In theory if you connected the headphone jack on your laptop into the Mee Audio, then the RN602 should be able to pick it up via its bluetooth.
    https://www.richersounds.com/mee-audio-tv-bluetooth-transmitter.html

I'll see if I can perhaps test this in store with our display units.

Thanks Kenny.... problem solved, i just got some leads and ran it from the headphone jack to the amp.

Not very elaborate, but does the job!

Thanks Kenny.... problem solved, i just got some leads and ran it from the headphone jack to the amp.

Not very elaborate, but does the job!
    Hi Dan,

Glad you got sorted! Let me know if you need anything else!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.