Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office 2016

Options
  • 11-04-2018 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭

Long story short, I'm starting a new course soon heavily involving all parts of Microsoft Office. The kick in the teeth is that for assignments, etc that need to be done at home, having Office 2016 is a must. I'm still using 2010. I know there's free open source options out there, but we've been explicitly told Office 2016 only, which is €150 in most shops. If anyone knows somewhere to get it a bit cheaper I'd appreciate it. Having to fork out €150 is something I'd much rather not do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭rn

I bought office365 subscription last year for €100 per year. I find it great. I used to pay Dropbox for my cloud storage, but for same price as Dropbox I have separate 1tb storage each for my wife and daughter, office apps on my phone, wife's phone, home pc, home mac. All up to date and legal. All my data backed up and available on all devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

if you go to the microsoft website >software for students, there is an option to pay 7 euro per month incl. VAT, the subscription will autorenew but you can cancel any time. not much more than Netflix!
    you can also get a year for 69.99 but I'm guessing the monthly plan would suit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

If you are registering for a course in a recognised college or university, it is likely that you have access to 5 free licenses to download and install MSOffice onto personal computers.

I know TCD, UL, DCU, DIT and UCD offer this to all registered students, you simply login to office.com using your institution email address and password.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Thanks for the suggestions folks. Think I'll take the monthly option. I only need it for a few weeks and that's much better than forking out €150 for the Home & Student edition which doesn't even include Access as far as I can see. I'm happy using 2010 for whatever I need at home, so 'renting' 365 for a few weeks is perfect.

Office 365 runs 2016 versions of all Office Programs I assume?

It's a private college so it probably won't be recognised for the free licenses.

Cheers again everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

rn wrote: »
    I bought office365 subscription last year for €100 per year. I find it great. I used to pay Dropbox for my cloud storage, but for same price as Dropbox I have separate 1tb storage each for my wife and daughter, office apps on my phone, wife's phone, home pc, home mac. All up to date and legal. All my data backed up and available on all devices.

+1 Plus 60 minutes per month calls to landlines (most countries) and mobiles (USA/Canada/China and a few others) via Skype.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Office 365 personal is only 7 euro per month. Just subscribe monthly for as long as you need it. I presume your course is short enough.

I'm surprised that your course doesn't have access to the educational licences though. 2.50 per month for downloads and free for online only

Advertisement