Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road racing..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭roroliam

Looking forward to cookstown. Great line up. Micky D on the typo BMW something I thought I'd never see.

Great to hear that Hutchys been passed fit to get back racing. Will be on the Honda for the NW200.

Super fast tonight on the island.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Wont'be long now Skerries, anyone know why it's on a Sunday this year,will the northern lad's attend as they don't race on Sunday's?

Last race of the year, Killalane , this weekend,great circuit . BBQ in aid of William on Saturday night. It was a tough year but we had some great racing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Henryhill2

Good to see Paul Robinson finish his career safely on a high note

Henryhill2 wrote: »
    Good to see Paul Robinson finish his career safely on a high note

Great to see at least 1 road racing fan coming on here, First year in about 15/20 years I never got to any racing, 100% praise to everyone who gives their time to keep this sport going.

The way it's been going I'm hoping the likes of Glenn Irwin will stay off the roads,he doesn't need it.

is he thinking of giving it a go? never heard anything about it. the way i'm looking at it is the bikes have got too fast for the country roads now, and we can see what 's happening, such a sad year this one , far too many good riders gone over the years, but as we see it's in their blood and they'll keep at it.

decky1 wrote: »
    is he thinking of giving it a go? never heard anything about it. the way i'm looking at it is the bikes have got too fast for the country roads now, and we can see what 's happening, such a sad year this one , far too many good riders gone over the years, but as we see it's in their blood and they'll keep at it.
    He's won NW a few times ,also Macau.

A lot of no-fault accidents among the top riders over the years.

• Advertisement

Henryhill2 wrote: »
    He's won NW a few times ,also Macau.

A lot of no-fault accidents among the top riders over the years.

ah yea forgot about them , he'll maybe do the big events NW, ulster gp, Maybe he'll give the TT a shot too? can't see him doing any of the smaller meetings.

Nice to see that Paul Jordan has got a seat on the Divitts bike at Macau. Hope he treats it as a learning year, we all know that that circuit can bite and bite hard.

John McGuiness will be there

Glenn Irwin not going back after last year

Glenn doesn't need the start money, Paul Bird must be paying him a wage now.( here's hoping)

roroliam wrote: »
    Glenn doesn't need the start money, Paul Bird must be paying him a wage now.( here's hoping)

There's been some discontent in the camp if you follow Glenn's Twitter

His father was an accomplished road/circuit racer so I guess the lure of the roads is there .

The likes of hickman and Harrison have just been taking it to a new level lately on the roads and you'd wonder about the margin for error at 135mph average.

Looks like Paul Bird wasn't paying enough. Glen is off to Haslams seat. Kawasaki could be a good move, win BSB and then off to WSB as Reas teammate. Haslam only on a one year deal.

Advertisement