Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Farm Naas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 LoopersC

furness wrote: »
    Plenty of notice given, just not delivered on unfortunately.

We've had 4 dates confirmed, all scheduled between July 1st and now, all cancelled only few days before meaning a cancelled engineer each time too. Now hoping for Monday of next week, 3rd September. They say 5th times a charm right?? 😂

That's annoying!! Are you guys still on track for snagging next week? We are in 1-10 The Green and hoping for snagging week of 3rd to 7th, but no confirmation as of yet. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnsob27

Lee3b wrote: »
    Hi Furness. We missed the launch in March we were away for the weekend and when we got back the houses we were after were all sold out ! So just checking wat time before hand people start arriving as this was the Monday after and that is how we are back to the start waiting again having waiting for the year for them to go on sale ... I'm fine with the wait after i suppose it will give me time to get savings for furniture . But i can see how people can be so frustrated. Iv been up evey day looking at them almost so if anyone here has questions on how its coming along I can certainly help.

When we went I think the official time was 12 but the agent said because we had registered we could go early around 10, we got there at 10 and people had been there since 8. Still loads of houses left at 10am but again if you have a particular house in mind I'd get there for 8 or 9

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Lee3b

Thanks very much I will be there early so please say it's not raining !!! Best of luck with getting into your houses .. such an exciting and stressful time .

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭furness

LoopersC wrote: »
    That's annoying!! Are you guys still on track for snagging next week? We are in 1-10 The Green and hoping for snagging week of 3rd to 7th, but no confirmation as of yet. Cheers.

Hi Loopers, our snag is now confirmed (again) for Monday 3rd and we are assured it won't be cancelled. They may be doing a rolling snag down that row, we are the first few houses, so maybe something like 1-4 done on 3rd, then 4-8 following week or few days later? Only got confirmation yesterday. Fingers crossed for you, we can have a cuppa when in and laugh at all of this behind us?

Hi Loopers, our snag is now confirmed (again) for Monday 3rd and we are assured it won't be cancelled. They may be doing a rolling snag down that row, we are the first few houses, so maybe something like 1-4 done on 3rd, then 4-8 following week or few days later? Only got confirmation yesterday. Fingers crossed for you, we can have a cuppa when in and laugh at all of this behind us?

Hi Furness, thanks for that. Yes apparently they are doing 1-5 and then 6-10 or something like that so we are in the second batch. Hoping for snagging on Friday coming or Monday week now. Best of luck today, hope ye get sorted and a step closer to the keys lol!! :)

• Advertisement

Hi all, snag done and started, finally yahoo! All was very cosmetic, no need for plumbers or electricians or the other bigger third parties really which is a great relief.

Just wanted to ask if anyone is going with the Saorview/UK Freeview option in their house and has had installed yet. Or had a Sky dish installed?

We aren't sports watchers really and were so used to Freeview and a SMART TV for all other web based stuff living in the UK. If anyone has gone that route, was it easy for installer to sort without drilling load of holes in walls to hook up?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

One of the houses on the Bailey has a sat dish and has rightly had it mounted to the rear wall of the house VIA a bracket & pole and the dish facing up over the roof.... as opposed to mounting the dish on the front of the house. 
    This is a much better way to get the dish mounted in my opinion. I think it's awful having a nice new house with a satellite dish bolted to the front wall.

Obviously not Castle Farm but here is the idea:
    viy7CEWO.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

BuzzFish wrote: »
    I think it's awful having a nice new house with a satellite dish bolted to the front wall.

Its also illegal unless you have planning permission - dish has to be rear or side mounted, using the type of bracket shown if required.

BuzzFish wrote: »
    One of the houses on the Bailey has a sat dish and has rightly had it mounted to the rear wall of the house VIA a bracket & pole and the dish facing up over the roof.... as opposed to mounting the dish on the front of the house. 
    This is a much better way to get the dish mounted in my opinion. I think it's awful having a nice new house with a satellite dish bolted to the front wall.

Obviously not Castle Farm but here is the idea:
    viy7CEWO.jpg

Thanks Buzzfish, I agree, front mounted dishes are awful and obviously the law isn't policed as I see them everywhere! :-( Luckily, the south facing aspect required is on the side of our new house. I'd happily avoid a dish option if the current TV packages didn't keep going up and each year. Not enough competition in the market I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

Is there anyone else on here on the far side of The Green? Or is it just me!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 skychat

Hi everyone!

Just joining the thread now

We've bought across The Green, no 21 - 27

Anyone have any update on their snag dates?

skychat wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Just joining the thread now

We've bought across The Green, no 21 - 27

Anyone have any update on their snag dates?

Hey, we're that side too! Still being told this month, but I think unlikely at this stage. Have you heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 saffer82

Anyone else having issues with their central heating system? Our boiler keeps giving an E117 error message and cuts out when the CH comes on. I know it's due to the pressure going above 3 bar. We've had the developer's boiler man out twice now - first time he just tapped off some water, but within 24hrs it did it again. So we bled 3 litres off a radiator to drop it to 1.5 bar - just shot up again overnight. Second time, boiler man shut off the mains feed. But it's gone up again today! I flagged this issue with them at the snagging stage, but it's getting a bit ridiculous now. Anyone else have a similar issue, or any advice on how to fix it? Will be giving them a call again on Monday - third time's the charm, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 diiiannne

Hi there! Just wondering how is the snagging doing on the green? Has 1- 10 been done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 skychat

Hey, we're that side too! Still being told this month, but I think unlikely at this stage. Have you heard anything?
    Ye we're still being told this month - I don't see why not as the painters are in so surely we should be good to go soon enough

Hopefully we won't be waiting too long

Will be getting in touch with them again today so if there's any update I'll post it here

diiiannne wrote: »
    Hi there! Just wondering how is the snagging doing on the green? Has 1- 10 been done?

We are in 1-5 and we snagged last Monday. We were back in earlier today to desnag. Some things were not completed yet so we have to go back again end of this week which is bit annoying. They said all was done, but hey! Quite a few window panels need replacing due to scratches and they have no update on when they will be installed. They have said we can close and have them installed later when they arrive but we wouldn't be comfortable with that so we will hang out and chase!

Thanks for all the info. That's frustrating, fingers crossed it won't take too long. We are hoping to snag last week of Sept - so who knows!

Thanks for all the info. That's frustrating, fingers crossed it won't take too long. We are hoping to snag last week of Sept - so who knows!

Are you 11-20 or 21-27? We're 21-27 and were told the end of Sept too

Hey, yes we are also 21-27. Hopefully snag date does not change!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Graygro1

Hey,
    We have bought 21-27 on the Green aswell. I was told 1st/2nd Week of October. I really hope it’s sooner. Can I ask a question about the box room. What way are people getting the wardrobes? Incase you guys haven’t got into your house yet they have rearranged the box room wardrobes. I have requested to keep them the same way as per show room. What kind of couch are people getting for the living room area? I had an L shape couch picked out and then I thought it might be a bit big.

Congrats to everyone who bought and I hope all is going well for those of you that have moved in.

Oh another question are people mainly going with venician blinds?

• Advertisement

We are having big issue with our windows. Highlighted as badly scratched (a lot of them!) on a visit to site before snag to check on something. Highlighted again in detail in snag list. Two weeks on and there's some kind of dispute going on between Ardstone and Grady. We might be a month waiting from today for our windows panes to come! Anyone else 1-5 The Green in same position?

We are told we can close and windows can follow but we know of people still waiting on their replacements on The Bailey and even at that they are chasing and chasing weeks later. I'm so (rude word) frustrated!

We are in 6-10 on The Green and snagged Tuesday. Nothing major so hopefully in soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mcdoogan

Hi,

What service provider did everyone get for broadband, Vodafone telling me not available there and Eir not coming up either. Are we limited to Virgin Media.

Mcdoogan wrote: »
    Hi,

What service provider did everyone get for broadband, Vodafone telling me not available there and Eir not coming up either. Are we limited to Virgin Media.

We've discovered similar. Only provider who'll confirm they can install once we are in is Virgin. Spoke to them, Eir, Vodafone and Pure Telecom. House is 'wired for number of providers' but I think only Virgin were engaged to come to siteu...or wanted to? Hoping by next year more available onsite to compete.

Anyone in 21 - 27 heard any more about snagging?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Miss Spelt

Hi all. Bought in Phase 2, thanks for all the updates - really helpful for costs and planning! We've 5 months to move in (builder time frame), 5.5 months (dng timeframe) or I'm thinking more like 6-6.5 months!

WRT the box room (3BSD), I wasnt aware there'd be wardrobes - can't imagine where they'd be and they weren't in the show house? Am I going crazy!

Thanks!

Miss Spelt wrote: »
    Hi all. Bought in Phase 2, thanks for all the updates - really helpful for costs and planning! We've 5 months to move in (builder time frame), 5.5 months (dng timeframe) or I'm thinking more like 6-6.5 months!

WRT the box room (3BSD), I wasnt aware there'd be wardrobes - can't imagine where they'd be and they weren't in the show house? Am I going crazy!

Thanks!

In ours its where the bed is in the show house, so above the stair box - looks a bit ridiculous and we will probably change it in the future but its grand for now!

Anyone looking for blinds we ordered ours today from D12 Blinds Walkinstown. Obviously can't say anything about the fitting yet but they were very reasonably priced and extremely helpful. Would recommend them so far!

We are in 1-5 and we snagged last Monday. We were back in earlier today to desnag. Some things were not completed yet so we have to go back again end of this week which is bit annoying. They said all was done, but hey! Quite a few window panels need replacing due to scratches and they have no update on when they will be installed. They have said we can close and have them installed later when they arrive but we wouldn't be comfortable with that so we will hang out and chase!
    Hey furness,

Hang out and chase for sure! We flagged the boiler issue in all our snags and were told the same thing 'Just close, and it will be sorted by the time you move in', and it's still an ongoing issue! So my advice would be to only close once EVERYTHING on your snag list is done, even the small things you might consider inconsequential now. Though in fairness, they have been quick to respond to our contact - it's just getting the problem sorted is really dragging out now, and want it done before winter sets in.

• Advertisement

Anyone have the paint number for the walls? We have the skirting color (Dulux Satinwood Night Jewels 6, Oil-based - code 30/BB/83001), but can't seem to get the grey wall color details.

Thanks!

Advertisement