Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Farm Naas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mcdoogan

What broadband have people gone with ?? Serious problem with Vodafone getting the correct address on our order, on our 3 and last attempt at getting it in ! Also anyone a problem with mobile reception ? We are in the bailey and really bad reception have to nearly stand at front door !

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

Mcdoogan wrote: »
    What broadband have people gone with ?? Serious problem with Vodafone getting the correct address on our order, on our 3 and last attempt at getting it in ! Also anyone a problem with mobile reception ? We are in the bailey and really bad reception have to nearly stand at front door !

Modern levels of insulation = poor mobile reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭-jellybelly-

We're with virgin for broadband. They've put up the price again so rang vodafone to try switch but they don't seem to be in the estate.

We're with virgin for broadband. They've put up the price again so rang vodafone to try switch but they don't seem to be in the estate.

Mmm interesting! Hopefully get sorted soon shocking how dependable u become on something!

NedNew2 wrote: »
    Modern levels of insulation = poor mobile reception.

Never thought of that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Miss Spelt

Mcdoogan wrote: »

I think mobile & 3/4G signal in parts of Naas are really bad anyway due to the location of the towers. They are restricted where they can put them, seemingly, due to the 2 racecourses or something. I investigated years ago as we've no/low mobile signal where we live in Naas currently. They gave us a plug to use our phones off our wifi but they don't make them anymore :( and it blew up late last year.

Was hoping we wouldn't be in same position in Castle Farm... Oh well...

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rcanpolat

2 Questions here:

Any update on The Bailey (25 - 40) and how its coming along? I called the auctioneer who said he hasn't received an update from the builder so its still "scheduled" for completion end of Nov. It doesn't look like it will be.

Has anyone in Castle Farm tried to get SIRO 1GB fiber to their house yet? IE: Is it available?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

Did anyone have issues with virgin not being able to locate their address? They only have 1 to 10 The Green on their system and not the rest of the way round The Green

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Miss Spelt wrote: »
    I think mobile & 3/4G signal in parts of Naas are really bad anyway due to the location of the towers. They are restricted where they can put them, seemingly, due to the 2 racecourses or something. I investigated years ago as we've no/low mobile signal where we live in Naas currently. They gave us a plug to use our phones off our wifi but they don't make them anymore :( and it blew up late last year.

The mast we hit is on the kilcullen road as far as I know. Reception was always great in Primrose, until Castlefarm got in the way :-) Gone awful bad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭furness

Did anyone have issues with virgin not being able to locate their address? They only have 1 to 10 The Green on their system and not the rest of the way round The Green

Hi skyway we received our eircide today by post and I've noted that now all of The Green and some of The stables eircodes are on the eircode website. That'll help with this

• Advertisement

We are with Eir for mobile, check as chips 30 day contracts style and have no issue with data and signal here in Castle Farm so far.?!

furness wrote: »
    Hi skyway we received our eircide today by post and I've noted that now all of The Green and some of The stables eircodes are on the eircode website. That'll help with this

Yeah we got ours too a few days ago but the addresses still aren't on Virgins system. They said they check each house individually for a connection which is ridiculous.

Did anyone ever find out the names of the paint on walls and skirting?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnsob27

Hey all ,

Did anyone get built in shelving in the sitting rooms like the show house? If yes, any reccomendations of people to do it?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CarlitoUres

Yeah we got ours too a few days ago but the addresses still aren't on Virgins system. They said they check each house individually for a connection which is ridiculous.

Just wondering if you ever got sorted with your broadband? We're getting the same from Virgin. Apparently they are waiting on the builders to do something but haven't clarified what that is... Everything looks all set up so don't know what the hold up is!

Just wondering if you ever got sorted with your broadband? We're getting the same from Virgin. Apparently they are waiting on the builders to do something but haven't clarified what that is... Everything looks all set up so don't know what the hold up is!

Nope still not sorted. Have phoned them three or four times a week since we moved in. We even had lads from Virgin in last week, running a cable from the road into the house but that hasn't moved things along at all. They told us they need to send a team out to check the addresses and that this can take 2 to 3 weeks. Not hopeful of it being sorted before Christmas.

Our addresses are now up on the Virgin site, we've booked them for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Majkello

If anyone has a recommendation for a snagger in Carlow / Kildare area, could you PM me the details?
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SMurphy88

Does anyone know if there is a Castle Farm Residents page on FB? I know a few new estates that have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

We're looking at houses here recently. Just wanted to check if there is any actual fibre optical cables going into the houses? I'm aware there is virgin media available through the standard coax, but I've the impression the estate agent is just telling us the term fibre broadband as that's virgin medias advertising term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Miss Spelt

Sparky wrote: »
    We're looking at houses here recently. Just wanted to check if there is any actual fibre optical cables going into the houses? I'm aware there is virgin media available through the standard coax, but I've the impression the estate agent is just telling us the term fibre broadband as that's virgin medias advertising term.

I was of the impression it was being wired for VM & Sky, that's what we were told by the estate agent when we bought, but i can't find any mention of it in my documents other than it will wired for cable. We're not in for another few months though. Would be interested to know what's exactly there now!

Majkello wrote: »
    If anyone has a recommendation for a snagger in Carlow / Kildare area, could you PM me the details?
    Cheers!

We used an engineer called Peter who is local to Kildare/Carlow. He was brilliant. Can PM you his number.

I was of the impression it was being wired for VM & Sky, that's what we were told by the estate agent when we bought, but i can't find any mention of it in my documents other than it will wired for cable. We're not in for another few months though. Would be interested to know what's exactly there now!

The only provider who prewired their infrastructure was Virgin, regardless of our being told Eir came to site. Our virgin is perfect here for wifi. Plenty others appear to have Sky so must have been easily sorted.

Apparently Eir won't come to site or can't afford to 😠without further development. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 alexlazarciuc

Hey guys,

Do you know by any chance how the ventilation system works (especially people moved into the houses already), are you happy with it?

Thanks,
    Alex

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

I might well be wrong but I thought it was a DMV (Demand Managed Ventilation) by Aereco, you can find plenty of info online.

I too would like to hear what people think of it.

NedNew2 wrote: »
    I might well be wrong but I thought it was a DMV (Demand Managed Ventilation) by Aereco, you can find plenty of info online.

I too would like to hear what people think of it.

Thanks for naming the company. I’ll research about them. Yeah, would be good to hear opinions from people living in the houses already.

Thanks,
    Alex

Yes your right it is demand controlled ventilation by Aereco and the videos on youtube are worth watching. It is not a heat recovery system so it only draws the air into the attic and blows it outside. It seems to work ok, when you enter the bathroom you can hear the vents widening to draw more air. As far as I know the fan in the attic runs 24/7.

The other system in the house is solar PV. There is a sticker at the fuse box giving a service due in July 19 for my solar. It is hard to know how well they are working as there is no way to see how much power is being generated. The generated power is used by appliances in the house and any extra power is dumped to the grid. It is not connected to any batteries or the immersion tank.

So those PV panels, they're not the ones heating the water is it? Initially I was thinking that they heat the water, as I've seen in the atic a big tank of something.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,791 ✭✭✭✭L1011

PV generates electricity. Solar water is a different system, possibly more common in new builds

• Advertisement

The tank in the attic is the cold water storage tank, the hot press has the hot water cylinder. The gas is the best way to heat the water and you can do this without heating your radiators if you wish. There is a 3kw immersion heater in the cylinder but this is only a back up really.

Advertisement