Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Farm Naas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 alexlazarciuc

Thanks for the clarifications, guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Robbo1925

has anybody used the HTB to purchase a house in castle farm? Did you have 5% or 10% deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

Robbo1925 wrote: »
    has anybody used the HTB to purchase a house in castle farm? Did you have 5% or 10% deposit?

10% in total. Up to 5% from HTB based on income tax paid over the last 4 years and the balance by the purchaser. The construction company claims the HTB portion directly from revenue once you've supplied proof of approval

Thanks Barry. Just looking to confirm with others as the contractor is asking us for the 10% on signing on contracts. We supplied the HTB application code to the agent when paying the booking deposit. It appears we are being requested to pay the full 10%, then the contractor claims the HTB 5% which is then credited again the final balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnsob27

I remember there was talk of a castle farm facebook page, was this set up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 dolldot2

Hi All,

I recently just placed a deposit for a 2 bed end of terrace. Excited just want get a general feel of how people are settling in? Anyone else purchased 2 bed and happy with size. I only got to look in windows I understand the kitchen is at the front and living room at the back.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭furness

dolldot2 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I recently just placed a deposit for a 2 bed end of terrace. Excited just want get a general feel of how people are settling in? Anyone else purchased 2 bed and happy with size. I only got to look in windows I understand the kitchen is at the front and living room at the back.

Thanks

Hi dolldot2,

There aren't any 2 beds yet to share, these went on sale with Phase 3 I understand? We are here since mid October and settled in nicely. Your houses look lovely with kitchen to the front though and in nice positions (had a walk up into next phase at weekend). I hope it's ready soon and you're looking forward to joining us all here.

Thanks Furness think the agent in DNG said around May they will be ready so fingers crossed. Delighted to hear your settled in well. The estate looks lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

dolldot2 wrote: »
    Thanks Furness think the agent in DNG said around May they will be ready so fingers crossed. Delighted to hear your settled in well. The estate looks lovely :)

Congratulations, they are lovely houses. I'd be a little cautious about the completion date you were given however. We had to wait 2 months beyond the original date we were given, leading to the financial burden of paying for rented accommodation beyond expected. Phase 3 may infact be on schedule but just thought I'd flag it with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SMurphy88

johnsob27 wrote: »
    I remember there was talk of a castle farm facebook page, was this set up?

Hey
    I had asked on here did anyone know of one as I have seen other Estates having their own FB Page.
    No one responded so i decided to set one up.
    So if anyone wants to request to join its called Castle Farm Residents

Hope to see you all there :)

• Advertisement

We were told our house would be ready end of November. We didn't want to buy till January. I think because of this they didn't rush the house. We closed our Snag on Feb 1st and still waiting to hear from solicitors and builders about getting the keys. As if the process of buying a house is not hard enough you then have to sit and wait for others to finish. Its so frustrating not having any power over the process.
    Just looking forward to getting the keys and moving in. It seems like its going to be such a nice place to live :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rcanpolat

Link to the Facebook Group if anyone is interested: https://www.facebook.com/groups/257472068285653/

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭furness

Congratulations, they are lovely houses. I'd be a little cautious about the completion date you were given however. We had to wait 2 months beyond the original date we were given, leading to the financial burden of paying for rented accommodation beyond expected. Phase 3 may infact be on schedule but just thought I'd flag it with you.

I agree with Barry, we are on The Green and were 3 months later than the sales agent said. Prepare for longer now and if you get in consider it a bonus and extra time in the house. They are working very fast however from what we can all see.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Thanks everyone for the info so far within this thread.
    We're on track to do some snagging next week on a 4 bed we had our eye on. Hoping to close early March and begin moving in.
    Delays with McCann Fitz set us back a few weeks. Apparently someone was on annual leave there while we waited for them to sign the contracts.

Looking forward to the end of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 alexlazarciuc

Hi guys,

I'm new into this one so just trying to understand how it works, we're buying in The Bailey, and it's not clear for me how the snag works, do we need to hire someone to perform the snag in the house or the constructor is doing that? If it's up to us, do you have someone to reccomend?

Thanks,
    Alex

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rcanpolat

Hi guys,

I'm new into this one so just trying to understand how it works, we're buying in The Bailey, and it's not clear for me how the snag works, do we need to hire someone to perform the snag in the house or the constructor is doing that? If it's up to us, do you have someone to reccomend?

Thanks,
    Alex

You don't need to hire someone but if you are asking how to do a snag I recommend you hire someone. You can however do the snag yourself. Basically you are looking for any faults on the property.

We got Property Snag to do ours (Google it) 200 euro. About 2 hours before the guy showed up we snagged it ourselves, then we just compared notes. The more eyes the better. We found stuff he missed and he found stuff we missed. After we just mashed the notes together and sent it to the builders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 coffeebeans17

Hi everyone, just looking to see if anyone has got a move in date for the stables?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

rcanpolat wrote: »
    You don't need to hire someone but if you are asking how to do a snag I recommend you hire someone. You can however do the snag yourself. Basically you are looking for any faults on the property.

We got Property Snag to do ours (Google it) 200 euro. About 2 hours before the guy showed up we snagged it ourselves, then we just compared notes. The more eyes the better. We found stuff he missed and he found stuff we missed. After we just mashed the notes together and sent it to the builders.

Second this. Get a professional. 200 quid to find issues with your 300k+ house.... It isn't much. We also did the same and found stuff our snagger missed and vice versa

Hi guys,

Sorry guys probably sounds like a silly question. I recently bought a house in the Bailey and just signed contracts. The solicitor has said its important to get structural survey done asap but then I have heard with a new build it's not necessary. The house won't be ready for another few months I thought just a snag before we moved in was needed.

Just wondering what everyone recommends? Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭-jellybelly-

We just did the valuation for the bank and then the snag. Our solicitor never asked for structural survey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Rhaegar

Hi everyone, just looking to see if anyone has got a move in date for the stables?

Hey! Afraid not, we're signed off on our house on the stables too but was talking to solicitor yesterday and there's some issue with paperwork from builder to vendors solicitor holding it up. I'm told it could be 3-4 weeks but god knows how long, an absolute pain in the you know whats. I believe there's numerous houses signed off in phase 2, both the bailey and the stables, but nobody can move in until this is sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rhaegar

Hey all!
    Waiting to move in to the stables and looking for some advice for anyone already in the know how before we get there.

- what’s the story with the wi-fi/tv box already fitted? Is it a free trial with that provider and then if you opt for elsewhere, do they come and take the boxes out? Also what exactly do you get with what’s already installed,(is it conway something) price and what exactly do you get for how long?
    - Skirting boards. Anyone have much trouble getting them off? Much damage to the walls? They’ll be coming off for us anyway so just wondering what to expect?
    - anyone have the exact name of the paints used on both walls and skirting boards?
    - anyone with tips for bin collection companies would be much appreciated

I’m sure I’ll have plenty of other questions but you know yourself so many things to sort out would appreciate the tips :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 coffeebeans17

Rhaegar wrote: »
    Hey! Afraid not, we're signed off on our house on the stables too but was talking to solicitor yesterday and there's some issue with paperwork from builder to vendors solicitor holding it up. I'm told it could be 3-4 weeks but god knows how long, an absolute pain in the you know whats. I believe there's numerous houses signed off in phase 2, both the bailey and the stables, but nobody can move in until this is sorted.

Hi, we are all signed off too so it’s just a waiting game now. We were hoping to be in by the end of March but it’s looking unlikely now! Hopefully we hear something soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

simons104 wrote: »
    Second this. Get a professional. 200 quid to find issues with your 300k+ house.... It isn't much. We also did the same and found stuff our snagger missed and vice versa

IMO you won't get much of a snag list done for €200. As you both have said you found items the snagger missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Rhaegar wrote: »
    Hey all!
    Waiting to move in to the stables and looking for some advice for anyone already in the know how before we get there.

- what’s the story with the wi-fi/tv box already fitted? Is it a free trial with that provider and then if you opt for elsewhere, do they come and take the boxes out? Also what exactly do you get with what’s already installed,(is it conway something) price and what exactly do you get for how long?

Only heard about these today while second snagging our own in the green.
    Apparently these are being installed in all the new houses in the stables to much complaint from some owners due to unsightly installed boxes. My understanding is these can be requested to be removed as virgin media is available and possibly eir soon.
    (KN networks on behalf of eir looked to be running in some cabling today on the road while I was there. Hopefully fiber)

- Skirting boards. Anyone have much trouble getting them off? Much damage to the walls? They’ll be coming off for us anyway so just wondering what to expect?
    Our fitter has said they just need to cut the top of the skirting with a stanley knife and to gently pull off the boards. They appear to be tacked in more firmly at the corners.

- anyone have the exact name of the paints used on both walls and skirting boards?
    Walls in ours appears to be cornforth white according to the estate agent and the brochure
    https://www.farrow-ball.com/paint-colours/cornforth-white
    Not sure about the skirting boards. They looks to be matt white.

- anyone with tips for bin collection companies would be much appreciated
    I'm open ears on this one too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cf2019

Hey everyone, recently purchased a house in The Bailey. Was just wondering had anyone gotten sky tv into their houses yet and if so was there much hassle with it?

Cf2019 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, recently purchased a house in The Bailey. Was just wondering had anyone gotten sky tv into their houses yet and if so was there much hassle with it?

Been told by Estate Agent a Sky Hub is going into the estate. No dishes allowed on houses anymore. So he reckons installation shouldn't be a cost due to the hub being there but not to hold him to it.

Those Conway boxes were unsightly alright. Can't believe the builders chancing their arms on that. No one has the right to decide what TV goes into my house but me. Shabby job done there. Maybe if it was done in a better way they wouldn't of had to waste time and money putting them into house just to remove them again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭macbane66

Hi

We recently bought a 3 bed in castlefarm....

Does anyone know the exact external paint colour as I'm trying to match some garden furniture to it

Thanks everyone

Mac

Hi guys, Just snagged in castlefarm. Anyone who is already in or who has already snagged know how long the builders are taking to complete the list? (approx-know it depends on the amount of work needed). It’s all cosmetic work. 2 weeks an accurate/rough estimate? Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Miss Spelt

Robbo1925 wrote: »
    Hi guys, Just snagged in castlefarm. Anyone who is already in or who has already snagged know how long the builders are taking to complete the list? (approx-know it depends on the amount of work needed). It’s all cosmetic work. 2 weeks an accurate/rough estimate? Thanks in advance!

Hi

I did a second snag on Monday, 2 weeks after I submitted my list. It was all cosmetic. They missed 5 things (all small) so I'm now waiting on a final date.

Advertisement