Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Farm Naas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

Robbo1925 wrote: »
    Hi guys, Just snagged in castlefarm. Anyone who is already in or who has already snagged know how long the builders are taking to complete the list? (approx-know it depends on the amount of work needed). It’s all cosmetic work. 2 weeks an accurate/rough estimate? Thanks in advance!

We had our second snag 2.5 weeks after the first and moved in 2 weeks after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SMurphy88

Hi guys, Just snagged in castlefarm. Anyone who is already in or who has already snagged know how long the builders are taking to complete the list? (approx-know it depends on the amount of work needed). It’s all cosmetic work. 2 weeks an accurate/rough estimate? Thanks in advance!

Took us 3 snags to make sure they did all the work. Did our final snag Feb 1st. Still no keys. So you can be lucky, or unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Robbo1925

SMurphy88 wrote: »
    Took us 3 snags to make sure they did all the work. Did our final snag Feb 1st. Still no keys. So you can be lucky, or unlucky.

That’s nuts. Have they at least informed you what’s causing the delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CMacFaz79

Hi all we are currently buying a house in The Bailey (backing on to the Jigginstown farm). We were informed that our back garden will not be finished with a wall but with a green wire railing looking on to a ditch! This isn't what we were expecting and were told we were the only ones that questioned it. Is anyone else in same position?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 alexlazarciuc

CMacFaz79 wrote: »
    Hi all we are currently buying a house in The Bailey (backing on to the Jigginstown farm). We were informed that our back garden will not be finished with a wall but with a green wire railing looking on to a ditch! This isn't what we were expecting and were told we were the only ones that questioned it. Is anyone else in same position?

Hello, we’re also buying in the bailey, I never questioned that in fairness, we actually liked the view on the back.

• Advertisement

Hello, we’re also buying in the bailey, I never questioned that in fairness, we actually liked the view on the back.

Ok maybe I need to look at it again. My initial thought was 2 small kids in the garden with only wire railing! I was expecting a wall so was bit surprised.

Ok maybe I need to look at it again. My initial thought was 2 small kids in the garden with only wire railing! I was expecting a wall so was bit surprised.
    I just attached a photo for you there, Behind the wire railing there is another railing or some bushes from the farm too, should be ok. But maybe you can include that on the snag and ask?

I just attached a photo for you there, Behind the wire railing there is another railing or some bushes from the farm too, should be ok. But maybe you can include that on the snag and

Sorry I don't see attachment we are going to pop out again at the weekend. Thank you for replying to me.

Sorry - it looks like the photo was too big. Happy to help.

We also bought backing out onto the farm. We had seen online that the plans changed re the wall but that didn’t bother us so never raised it. We actually like the the fence but we don’t have kids so understand your concern! The fence itself seems fairly decent and it’s pretty high......maybe 5-6ft? As high as the wooden panels to the side of our gardens anyway. Also they’ve planted a hedge in front of it on our fence and the neighbors, by the looks of it so when they gets growing I think it’ll be a good barrier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

It's 1.8 metres high.

We also bought backing out onto the farm. We had seen online that the plans changed re the wall but that didn’t bother us so never raised it. We actually like the the fence but we don’t have kids so understand your concern! The fence itself seems fairly decent and it’s pretty high......maybe 5-6ft? As high as the wooden panels to the side of our gardens anyway. Also they’ve planted a hedge in front of it on our fence and the neighbors, by the looks of it so when they gets growing I think it’ll be a good barrier.

Hi thanks for reply & info' we are going out this morning so will take another look. On another note how long did it take you to get snaglist date after signed contracts etc.?

Hi thanks for reply & info' we are going out this morning so will take another look. On another note how long did it take you to get snaglist date after signed contracts etc.?

For us, it was about 4 weeks between signing contracts and getting a date to snag. Involved a fair bit of chasing of builders to get the go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Miss Spelt

Hi

I checked the planning permission and plans anderer buying and there is supposed to be planting along the fencing. They even detailed which type. I assumed they were being planted and will grow.

Wasn't a big deal for us as I'm planning on planting wild flowers along there anyway but I can understand concerns with children. As someone else mentioned, the fence is quite high so should be safe.

For us, it was about 4 weeks between signing contracts and getting a date to snag. Involved a fair bit of chasing of builders to get the go ahead.

We signed in October but didn't get snag date until 21 March. Signed off all snags just before Easter and hopefully have keys this week. As mentioned, you need to keep chasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Anyone in Castle Farm with Eir or Sky? Did they need to run in a line to the house, or did they use the green microduct that virgin media would use?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭McBluffin

Hi, my partner and I are considering buying a 3 bed semi I'm the latest phase. This would be our first semi detached to buy and we are anxious about how sound proof the walls are. I have heard stories from other developments whereby people can hear their neighbours talking/flushing toilets/plugging in plugs etc as the walls are so thin. I really hope this is not.tbe case with these house as I am already in love with the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

McBluffin wrote: »
    Hi, my partner and I are considering buying a 3 bed semi I'm the latest phase. This would be our first semi detached to buy and we are anxious about how sound proof the walls are. I have heard stories from other developments whereby people can hear their neighbours talking/flushing toilets/plugging in plugs etc as the walls are so thin. I really hope this is not.tbe case with these house as I am already in love with the development.
    I can't speak for the 3 beds, but We've a 4 bed semi and the only noise from our neighbours that we can hear is their kids running up the stairs which is expected to travel and the odd kitchen noise during dinner time. Otherwise it's dead quiet which I'm happy about. I'd assume the 3 bed semi's would be the same. One weekend they had the back door open and a loud bassy movie on. I could hear it in the garden, but not once I went back inside.

We used to live in an apartment where we could hear the neighbour next door plugging in and out sockets and stirring their coffee, so it's a pleasure to know the soundproofing is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭McBluffin

Sparky wrote: »
    I can't speak for the 3 beds, but We've a 4 bed semi and the only noise from our neighbours that we can hear is their kids running up the stairs which is expected to travel and the odd kitchen noise during dinner time. Otherwise it's dead quiet which I'm happy about. I'd assume the 3 bed semi's would be the same. One weekend they had the back door open and a loud bassy movie on. I could hear it in the garden, but not once I went back inside.

We used to live in an apartment where we could hear the neighbour next door plugging in and out sockets and stirring their coffee, so it's a pleasure to know the soundproofing is good.
    That's great to know Sparky thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cannythat

Hi,

New to this. Has anyone moved in recently? We are due to close on a house in the Bailey in the coming week and are confused whether they have this silly Conway box? Has anyone installed sky tv/broadband or Eir tv/broadband? The estate agent hasn’t been very helpful on answering questions regarding this or the Snag.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Cannythat

Miss Spelt wrote: »
    Hi

I checked the planning permission and plans anderer buying and there is supposed to be planting along the fencing. They even detailed which type. I assumed they were being planted and will grow.

Wasn't a big deal for us as I'm planning on planting wild flowers along there anyway but I can understand concerns with children. As someone else mentioned, the fence is quite high so should be safe.

Where did you get these plans? The plans we were sent by builders solicitor are not in this detail

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Quick straw poll for Castlefarm residents on what you were told when purchasing houses in the estate:

https://linkto.run/p/I0WUB5K7

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KnocKnocKnock

Hi,

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I can’t seem to find it.

Does anyone know what company does the display units in the living room?

Thanks!

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Quick straw poll for Castlefarm residents on what you were told when purchasing houses in the estate:

https://linkto.run/p/I0WUB5K7

Had a few replies and most indicate the opposite has been communicated to what Castlefarm planning had proposed and what was approved by Kildare Co.Co.

A creche is to go where the entrance to Primrose currently sits and traffic from both estates will enter/exit to the same point on the ring road.
    I had a feeling that the folks in Castlefarm were being misinformed....

483631.jpg
    Source: Planning file no.161145 at http://webgeo.kildarecoco.ie/public/planningsearch/171#

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rodolfoagomes

just snagged last week, waiting some feedback from the estate agents.

Anyone has moved to the bailey 3 bed-semi, already?

I am wondering if they have any estimate or something.

Cannythat wrote: »
    Where did you get these plans? The plans we were sent by builders solicitor are not in this detail

Hi

They were on KCC planning site. Lots of details even down to type of flowers and hedges bring planted!

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Had a few replies and most indicate the opposite has been communicated to what Castlefarm planning had proposed and what was approved by Kildare Co.Co.

A creche is to go where the entrance to Primrose currently sits and traffic from both estates will enter/exit to the same point on the ring road.
    I had a feeling that the folks in Castlefarm were being misinformed....

483631.jpg
    Source: Planning file no.161145 at http://webgeo.kildarecoco.ie/public/planningsearch/171#

We weren't told either way by the auctioneers, never asked either. But I did notice on the planning permission that there was only supposed to be one entrance to both estates and the planning permission for the entrance to Primrose was only temporary and expired Oct 2018.

Interesting that KCC haven't noticed as they are usually on the ball. Unless there was a revision that went in later that I missed.

just snagged last week, waiting some feedback from the estate agents.

Anyone has moved to the bailey 3 bed-semi, already?

I am wondering if they have any estimate or something.

Two weeks after first snag went back for second. A few minor details that were sorted while there and one that i needed to go back to check a week later. Notified agent all was in order and then all contracts were issued. Moved pretty quick at that point.

Miss Spelt wrote: »
    We weren't told either way by the auctioneers, never asked either. But I did notice on the planning permission that there was only supposed to be one entrance to both estates and the planning permission for the entrance to Primrose was only temporary and expired Oct 2018.

Interesting that KCC haven't noticed as they are usually on the ball. Unless there was a revision that went in later that I missed.

As Primrose residents we have been onto the council, probably about 100 times, over the state of out estate. There are ongoing issues with the builder but there may be some light at the end of the tunnel as he is down to his last 2 builds now (4 semi's). Once he's has the heavy trucks though I believe the road surface will be completed and rest of the estate completed to the landscaping plan so he can have his bond returned. We have no word yet on the entrance though as this is now Castlefarms to close. They own the land where the existing primrose gardens entrance sits. They'll have to close it though as this is part of their planning.... and they can't leave a road though a crèche!

On the planning site, no revisions have been made.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Maybe a silly question, but I don't know from where to get the correct answers...
    We recently got our keys in the bailey. The plan is to change the energy/gas suplier into our names, so I have emailed DNG for details, and their answer is that I have to contact electricity & gas suppliers that currently supply the property. They will request a meter reading of the gas and electricity and also the GPRN number of the gas meter and the MPRN number of the electricity meter.
    But of course, at this stage I don't have those numbers. How did you guys handled all this, who should provide those details? I did contact the ESB and GNI in relation to the transfer, but they ask the exact same numbers, so I am in a loop at this stage, sent another email to DNG hopefully they will come back soon.

On another note, does anyone know a good tiler to reccomend? :)

Thanks,
    Alex

Advertisement