Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Farm Naas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gallagher911

johnsob27 wrote: »
    Hey all, great to see some of you are getting close! We have bought facing the green in the first phase and getting different dates all the time. Contracts signed and deposit paid but still saying it will be first week of July before we can access. Are you all getting access through DNG?

We're on the first row (5-10 The bailey ) and we're told mid June as a completion date. Our solicitor is looking for an actual date now so hopefully won't be long. Snag done and waiting to re inspect. Just wanna get floors and alarm in asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭furness

Hi johnsob27, we are also facing the green, (back onto the terraces in first row). We are told we will snag week of July 1st week, I'll be standing at the front door ready haha! We haven't pushed for access before then as we aren't sure what point would be. That said, our carpet/floor guy did get into our house to measure for us Monday, he went direct to site foreman. He was very nice filling us in on site progress but his face when I said we should snag July 1st was a bit shocked :-) so I won't hold my breath. Would hate another months delay when end June was our move in date in the sales pitch! Fingers crossed, a lot can happen as some of the earlier houses start to complete I'm sure.

We're on the first row (5-10 The bailey ) and we're told mid June as a completion date. Our solicitor is looking for an actual date now so hopefully won't be long. Snag done and waiting to re inspect. Just wanna get floors and alarm in asap.

Gallagher911 Have you been told you can get the floors/alarm done before completing?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

Took this photo last week looking up from Primrose. It's 11-20 the Bailey. Did anyone hear when the road was getting laid? Thought it would have been done by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Davidwhit1

Hey all, great to see some of you are getting close! We have bought facing the green in the first phase and getting different dates all the time. Contracts signed and deposit paid but still saying it will be first week of July before we can access. Are you all getting access through DNG?

Are you going to use the alarm installer who do the show houses? I read the other day new homes been broken into the night people start moving their stuff in as u usually don’t stay the first night so an alarm be a must

• Advertisement

Davidwhit1 wrote: »
    Are you going to use the alarm installer who do the show houses? I read the other day new homes been broken into the night people start moving their stuff in as u usually don’t stay the first night so an alarm be a must

We went with Phone Watch. They are doing a deal at Bloom for 99 to install and first 2 months free. 12 month contract. I'm sure if you rang them, they would give the deal without having to goto Bloom

Mugglewump wrote: »

We went with Phone Watch. They are doing a deal at Bloom for 99 to install and first 2 months free. 12 month contract. I'm sure if you rang them, they would give the deal without having to goto Bloom

Thanks.im going to get a wired alarm installed and track it myself.Just want to see what that alarm guy is charging

Thanks.im going to get a wired alarm installed and track it myself.Just want to see what that alarm guy is charging

Hey I contacted estate agent about putting in floors and alarm and was told not allowed until sale is complete. I contacted guy who put in alarms in showhouses and waiting to get a quote off him. Have another quote for all windows and doors and two sensors in hallway and landing with a phone app for around €1050. So will see what other man comes back with but I'm happy enough with the other quote

furness wrote: »
    Gallagher911 Have you been told you can get the floors/alarm done before completing?

I asked but not allowed until sale is complete. Would be so handy if we could have them in while we are waiting.

Hey I contacted estate agent about putting in floors and alarm and was told not allowed until sale is complete. I contacted guy who put in alarms in showhouses and waiting to get a quote off him. Have another quote for all windows and doors and two sensors in hallway and landing with a phone app for around €1050. So will see what other man comes back with but I'm happy enough with the other quote

Yeah that’s good.thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

Has anyone got a dining table for the 3 bed semi yet? What dimensions is it? We've seen one we like but haven't got in to measure the room yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CLAW1406

Has anyone got a dining table for the 3 bed semi yet? What dimensions is it? We've seen one we like but haven't got in to measure the room yet?

We have the floor plans with all the measuremnets for the 3bed semi. We bought our table based on those. So helpful. I'll find the PDF and post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CLAW1406

Floor plans for 3 bed semi with all measurements attached ✌️

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭-jellybelly-

The plans for the estate are planning number 171369 here http://webgeo.kildarecoco.ie/public/planningsearch/171

Its under the documents tab. Might be helpful

edit claw1406 plans more up to date for buying furniture!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnsob27

CLAW1406 wrote: »
    We have the floor plans with all the measuremnets for the 3bed semi. We bought our table based on those. So helpful. I'll find the PDF and post it.

That pdf would be so helpful!! I measured the oval table in the show house and it's 6 ft long, don't know the width though

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

That's great thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

That pdf would be so helpful!! I measured the oval table in the show house and it's 6 ft long, don't know the width though

Time to move to metric John. 180cm.

Congrats on getting the new house, we were too late. Best of luck!

Dear God did you steal this plan from a vault Oceans 11 style? We asked for similar for Type C house or even room by room basic measurements and were told absolute no, no measurements given!

Re: snag apparently some of the Bailey row which were to snag next week are pushed back to week of 12th now issue with tarmacing road and esb.

furness wrote: »
    Dear God did you steal this plan from a vault Oceans 11 style? We asked for similar for Type C house or even room by room basic measurements and were told absolute no, no measurements given!

Re: snag apparently some of the Bailey row which were to snag next week are pushed back to week of 12th now issue with tarmacing road and esb.

Anyone fancy going down with a few shovels and pitching in? Say we'd get the road down in a few hours between us all

• Registered Users Posts: 17 LoopersC

Hey guys,

We have put a deposit on a three bed semi detatched also! Exciting times!! Castlefarm BBQ is a great idea!

Can I ask how long did it take for your solicitor to get the contract? Relatively quickly or not so much!?

Thanks a mill!

• Advertisement

LoopersC wrote: »
    Hey guys,

We have put a deposit on a three bed semi detatched also! Exciting times!! Castlefarm BBQ is a great idea!

Can I ask how long did it take for your solicitor to get the contract? Relatively quickly or not so much!?

Thanks a mill!

Congratulations!

We got ours fairly quickly, they wanted to see proof of sanction in principle first.

Has anyone that bought on 11-20 road been told a snag date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnsob27

LoopersC wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Thanks a mill!
    Congrats! We got ours after about 3 weeks. They just needed proof of funds (loan offer from bank and Help to buy scheme code) before they could send them out to the solicitor.

Hi! Have you been given a move in date yet? We are are going mad waiting to hear something 😂

Hi! Have you been given a move in date yet? We are are going mad waiting to hear something 😂

Going in to re snag this week then if everything is ok was told 2 weeks till closing but iv been saying two weeks for 2 months now so I won't believe it till I have the keys ha. Where have you bought?

Going in to re snag this week then if everything is ok was told 2 weeks till closing but iv been saying two weeks for 2 months now so I won't believe it till I have the keys ha. Where have you bought?

Ah good, you're getting close. We are the next row to you(11-20) so I guess we are a few weeks behind. I presume it'll all go quicker once the road is tarmac-ed. Hopefully that happens this week. Currently back living with our parents and have all our stuff in storage. Wish we had a date at least so we can book in deliveries. keep having to delay orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Not sure if the new owner of end of row (No.11) is on here but worth noting that the house is facing a house in Primrose with just 18m between windows. Planning standards say min should be 22m for adequate privacy but Kildare planning seem to have messed up and it wasn't caught in time when plans were submitted originally.
    Nothing some decent net curtains won't solve but maybe worth an engineer's comment on.

Hi, does anyone know where the black flexi duct in the back corner of the garden go back too? I presume it’s for power for a shed

Hi, does anyone know where the black flexi duct in the back corner of the garden go back too? I presume it’s for power for a shed

Hopefully it is, would be so handy. Was planning on getting shed wired anyway. Do you know if there is a base being left to put a shed on or is the whole garden seeded?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 diiiannne

Anyone know the exact colour of the bathroom suite? Thanks

Advertisement