Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Castle Farm Naas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

Has anyone else not signed contract yet? We have ours sitting there, solicitor is reluctant to send back as there is no subject to loan clause in the contract so she wants to wait until the property is ready to sign contract. Obviously DNG want contract signed ASAP and are putting more pressure on now. Don't know what's best to do at this stage

Our solicitor put a "subject to loan" on our contract when we sent it back. They wouldn't entertain it so we reluctantly went ahead without a clause attached

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thewalrusis

Our solicitor put a "subject to loan" on our contract when we sent it back. They wouldn't entertain it so we reluctantly went ahead without a clause attached

Yeah, maybe we are being overly cautious but solicitor said even if it is very unlikely, the bank can at any point pull out of the agreement until funds are drawn down. Even if the chances of bank pulling out are extremely slim it's still a bit of a gamble with nearly 40 grand.. Not sure how I feel about that but feeling the pressure from DNG now, don't know how long more they'll wait for contract to be sent back

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭furness

We knew from start they wouldn't entertain a subject to loan, we shared with our bank to ask what could possibly, happen with that, could loan be cancelled last minute at drawdown etc.

I don't know who you are banking with but BoI told us that with full approval from them (not just approval in principle), it is underwritten so can't be taken back, with exception of like a global banking crash in the next few weeks!

Appreciate your solicitors concern and we too would rather it had been in there, but most developers are refusing to include subject to loan anymore. I'd be more worried the builder could push back and could actually sell your house to another prospect buyer at this stage if you've gone past their contractual return date. (Sorry don't mean to alarm you, but I've seen that happen to friends last year).

furness wrote: »
    We knew from start they wouldn't entertain a subject to loan, we shared with our bank to ask what could possibly, happen with that, could loan be cancelled last minute at drawdown etc.

I don't know who you are banking with but BoI told us that with full approval from them (not just approval in principle), it is underwritten so can't be taken back, with exception of like a global banking crash in the next few weeks!

Appreciate your solicitors concern and we too would rather it had been in there, but most developers are refusing to include subject to loan anymore. I'd be more worried the builder could push back and could actually sell your house to another prospect buyer at this stage if you've gone past their contractual return date. (Sorry don't mean to alarm you, but I've seen that happen to friends last year).

That's great thank you for that. We are also with BOI so will be the same for us so. I didn't mention the loan clause thing to them as we didn't find out about it until after we git approved. Do you know what the process is before drawdown? Is it just one final credit check to ensure you are still in same position or do they request updated statements and all that again?

When we were putting our deposit down we were told that the first 20 people who bought would be getting a free sound system.. Has anyone heard anything about this since?

Hey WALRUSIS we were shocked this wasn't within contracts. Raised through our solicitor and told by theirs that it wouldn't be listed as an extra, or spec etc. So only place we could turn to was DNG. I insisted they confirm it in writing before we signed contract. They would only confirm the first 25 houses would get one, but not that we would as he said I can't see who has returned when! So I've no idea who we can hang this to if the speakers don't show up!

We returned contracts on May 5th, so surely we were early returners! It felt like we were asking them to confirm we were getting the house for free, haha!

• Advertisement

Hey WALRUSIS we were shocked this wasn't within contracts. Raised through our solicitor and told by theirs that it wouldn't be listed as an extra, or spec etc. So only place we could turn to was DNG. I insisted they confirm it in writing before we signed contract. They would only confirm the first 25 houses would get one, but not that we would as he said I can't see who has returned when! So I've no idea who we can hang this to if the speakers don't show up!

We returned contracts on May 5th, so surely we were early returners! It felt like we were asking them to confirm we were getting the house for free, haha!

Ah, we were told when putting the deposit down it was first 25 who put deposit down so we would get it.. They didn't mention it signing the contract. Hopefully we can still get it but not end of the world if we don't I suppose

That's great thank you for that. We are also with BOI so will be the same for us so. I didn't mention the loan clause thing to them as we didn't find out about it until after we git approved. Do you know what the process is before drawdown? Is it just one final credit check to ensure you are still in same position or do they request updated statements and all that again?

Note: I don't work for a bank!! But, do you have approval in full with a loan offer letter received by you, signed and now a full the loan pack sent to your solicitor and signed? If so and importantly, if there were no extra requirements in that offer letter, i.e. 'would like to see x,y,z, extra before drawdown' then there shouldn't be further checks. The underwriter has approved and 'underwritten' the loan value and term based on review of recent months of your life and boy do they know a lot about you! :-) Be thankful, we had returned from abroad, they needed a few YEARS of build up of our saved funds and movements.

Again, this is only my BoI view, some banks may be different. Only thing that can 'expire' quicker than mortgage approval is the valuation, hence BoI wisely not letting us value too early, even though DNG were pushing us to organise.

Note: I don't work for a bank!! But, do you have approval in full with a loan offer letter received by you, signed and now a full the loan pack sent to your solicitor and signed? If so and importantly, if there were no extra requirements in that offer letter, i.e. 'would like to see x,y,z, extra before drawdown' then there shouldn't be further checks. The underwriter has approved and 'underwritten' the loan value and term based on review of recent months of your life and boy do they know a lot about you! :-) Be thankful, we had returned from abroad, they needed a few YEARS of build up of our saved funds and movements.

Again, this is only my BoI view, some banks may be different. Only thing that can 'expire' quicker than mortgage approval is the valuation, hence BoI wisely not letting us value too early, even though DNG were pushing us to organise.
    Yeah we have full loan offer and everything. Only thing they have asked for before drawdown is the valuation,, we have home insurance and mortgage protection all sorted.. Im sure it'll go alright but the solicitor just making me nervous talking about the loan clause all the time

Yeah we have full loan offer and everything. Only thing they have asked for before drawdown is the valuation,, we have home insurance and mortgage protection all sorted.. Im sure it'll go alright but the solicitor just making me nervous talking about the loan clause all the time

Oh I know, really I do, it's not an easy time! Everyone saying 'it'll be fine' but you don't want to risk anything. Hang on in there, I'm sure it'll work out and as you say better having a careful solicitor than one who isn't picking up on the right things for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CLAW1406

Anyone been in to Snag yet? We were told we'd be in at the start of last week and we've still heard nothing

• Advertisement

CLAW1406 wrote: »
    Anyone been in to Snag yet? We were told we'd be in at the start of last week and we've still heard nothing

Hey CLAW1406, for us on The Green we are still a good month off snagging now, so I can't help. Hope you are in soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Davidwhit1

Hey CLAW1406, for us on The Green we are still a good month off snagging now, so I can't help. Hope you are in soon!
    We are the first row of houses.
    2nd snag this Friday

Davidwhit1 wrote: »
    2nd snag this Friday

Best of luck, have you been given any indication when you'll get the keys?

2nd snag this Friday

Best of luck, have you been given any indication when you'll get the keys?

Thanks, they said 2-3 weeks if I’m happy with the snag

We all promise to stop arriving on site to spy on things once you have moved in Davidwhit1 :P

We all promise to stop arriving on site to spy on things once you have moved in Davidwhit1 :P
    Ha, I will be able to give you’s a live update

Hi David, would you mind checking to see if the road at the end of the first road is being tarmaced today? Apparently it is getting done today,
    Thanks

Hi David, would you mind checking to see if the road at the end of the first road is being tarmaced today? Apparently it is getting done today,
    Thanks

I ended up going down last night instead to snag.Sorry I didn’t really pay attention to that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Thanks

There is new tarmac down alright today extending from the initial bit.

Tarmac...!!!!

• Advertisement

Tarmac...!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnsob27

Hey all,

Went down at the weekend for a nosey. Tarmac down on The Bailey and they seem to be doing footpaths and driveways on The Green, great to see some progress. Anyone got a move in date yet?

Also has anyone on The Green (1-10) managed to get in to measure for blinds or flooring yet? I'm sure this has probably been answered already, just couldn't find it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cnkg7

Good question John, I'm interested in the progress in The Green too

Cnkg7 wrote: »
    Good question John, I'm interested in the progress in The Green too

Yes, we are No.3 and had carpet and floor fitters in a few weeks ago. I've tried to get someone from ACME to go measure house for blinds but they haven't. Not that they haven't been able, they just haven't gone to measure! Thanks for the reminder :-)

It's all about getting in touch with site staff for appropriate time etc. I wouldn't tell anyone to call the agent to arrange stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnsob27

Yes, we are No.3 and had carpet and floor fitters in a few weeks ago. I've tried to get someone from ACME to go measure house for blinds but they haven't. Not that they haven't been able, they just haven't gone to measure! Thanks for the reminder :-)

It's all about getting in touch with site staff for appropriate time etc. I wouldn't tell anyone to call the agent to arrange stuff like this.

Thanks for this, very helpful! Do you just go down to the site to arrange times with the site staff?

johnsob27 wrote: »
    Thanks for this, very helpful! Do you just go down to the site to arrange times with the site staff?

The fitters arranged it themselves. I imagine they went to the security hut first through construction entrance and asked for foreman or site staff. All of the site people we've met have been helpful!

Dare I ask....a few of you have snagged, realistically what timeframe are the rest of us looking at from first snag to desnag. A week, two, a month??

We are told that once we are in to snag and have out report or list, they'll have things sorted in week or so. I want to believe that, but dont!

Our bank and solicitor are asking for our mortgage protection documents to be finalised, but you have to date with expected completion. If you date and then don't complete/drawdown in that time (a) you start paying policy on that date but more importantly (b) the policy can expire if few months pass between the date you detailed and actual completion.

P.S. I'm headed up for one of my stalker on site visits this evening. Great to hear the big tarmac news last week! :-)

Dare I ask....a few of you have snagged, realistically what timeframe are the rest of us looking at from first snag to desnag. A week, two, a month??

We are told that once we are in to snag and have out report or list, they'll have things sorted in week or so. I want to believe that, but dont!

Our bank and solicitor are asking for our mortgage protection documents to be finalised, but you have to date with expected completion. If you date and then don't complete/drawdown in that time (a) you start paying policy on that date but more importantly (b) the policy can expire if few months pass between the date you detailed and actual completion.

P.S. I'm headed up for one of my stalker on site visits this evening. Great to hear the big tarmac news last week! :-)

We have our first snag tomorrow (second road on the Bailey) so will let you know how long the process takes :)

We have our first snag tomorrow (second road on the Bailey) so will let you know how long the process takes :)

Oh congrats! Good luck, you're almost there. I saw lots of lovely plants and shrubs going in to front of those houses yesterday when I swung by on a walk.

• Advertisement

Took a couple of pics through the fence this evening. Houses looking well, even have flowers outside! Very posh 😀

Been busy installing gutters etc so final touches on the ones at the end of the road into the estate well underway.

454513.jpg

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Took a couple of pics through the fence this evening. Houses looking well, even have flowers outside! Very posh ��

Been busy installing gutters etc so final touches on the ones and the end of the road into the estate.

454513.jpg
    Ooo la la... looking lovely ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Would be nice if they clean up the road more regularly. There are two building sites there and they don't seem to care much tbh. Large stones are not unusual to meet on the road now. At least they fixed the invisible speed bump few weeks ago.

Saying that it is a good spot to live in, used to visit my friends at Primrose a lot and hope your houses, kerbs and roads leading to the houses will be better built and maintained ;)

Funny you mention the road as they seem to have heard ye!
    Bark has be put around all the posts outside the estate, at the roadside, and they've been busy planting on the outside of the estate with loads of new shrubs going in. Starting to look a lot better.
    Yesterday they also started washing the houses in primrose (render finish) to clear off all the muck that's destroyed our houses over the last 18 months. Great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 LoopersC

Called into Castlefarm today. Coming on nicely and looks really good! Lots of tarmac in and landscaping/shrubs/bark etc looks great. I spoke to the site manager but unfortunately didn't get into our own house on the green. Still pretty messy around it and considering I was wearing shorts and flip flops, it probably wasn't the best plan from a health and safety perspective to be fair!!! Site manager was very informative and helpful in any case so I didn't mind at all. Can't wait to snag and move in!!

Hi David, Can I ask you, what the time frame between your 1st and 2nd snag was? We got in yesterday for our first snag and hope to have our report sent back on Monday. You must be able to see the twinkle of your new keys at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

Was just down at the showhouses. The estate is looking well! Noticed they've removed the USB points in the showhouses.

They said the green will be starting snagging third week of July. Can't wait to get in!

Was just down at the showhouses. The estate is looking well! Noticed they've removed the USB points in the showhouses.

They said the green will be starting snagging third week of July. Can't wait to get in!

The USB point is in our kitchen as is the ledge in the bathroom 👍

Hi David, Can I ask you, what the time frame between your 1st and 2nd snag was? We got in yesterday for our first snag and hope to have our report sent back on Monday. You must be able to see the twinkle of your new keys at this stage!

It was about 2 weeks.yeah we were told it be ready Wednesday so hopefully it is.

It was about 2 weeks.yeah we were told it be ready Wednesday so hopefully it is.

Ah great news, It's looking really nice since they have landscaped it more

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

Could someone pm me the foreman's number?

• Advertisement

We Just sent in our snag report, let's hope there's still a bit of sunshine by the time we get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CLAW1406

Drove up to CF last night, there was no builders, no JBC's, no vans. It looked like a proper homely estate and so clean and tidy....The sunshine obviously helps too. The end is near for Phase 1 :)

We Just sent in our snag report, let's hope there's still a bit of sunshine by the time we get in!

Yay, well done Barry, delighted to hear this. Hope all goes well and you're in soon. Have the cup of nescafé ready for us all to borrow :-p

Drove up to CF last night, there was no builders, no JBC's, no vans. It looked like a proper homely estate and so clean and tidy....The sunshine obviously helps too. The end is near for Phase 1 :)

I know, ran past other evening and it is really feeling like it's getting there. Hoarding is now moved around to first house on The Green, so we can 'almost' see ourselves in.

Had the final snag today and were very happy with the house.two weeks and we be in hopefully .

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gallagher911

Hey everyone,

Haven't posted in a while as we were having a bit of a nightmare with everything over the last few weeks. We done our second snag over 6 weeks ago now. Don't everyone panick at that last bit. Waiting for the house to be finished wasn't the hold up it's been paper work. House has been finished and ready to move in for weeks now. First of all we had to wait for a PRA map which they had applied for and had to wait for. When that came in they were asking us for our claims reference number from help to buy which we thought we were finished with. Anyway turns out we didn't upload our contracts on the website so they couldn't claim the money. I uploaded them last Thursday and their solicitor won't close until that money clears which is fair enough. Anyway looks like we will close the sale before the weekend and we can't wait to get started on getting floors in and finally telling all the companies that have been holding furniture for us they can finally deliver. Look forward to seeing everyone down when u all get in.

Hey everyone,

Haven't posted in a while as we were having a bit of a nightmare with everything over the last few weeks. We done our second snag over 6 weeks ago now. Don't everyone panick at that last bit. Waiting for the house to be finished wasn't the hold up it's been paper work. House has been finished and ready to move in for weeks now. First of all we had to wait for a PRA map which they had applied for and had to wait for. When that came in they were asking us for our claims reference number from help to buy which we thought we were finished with. Anyway turns out we didn't upload our contracts on the website so they couldn't claim the money. I uploaded them last Thursday and their solicitor won't close until that money clears which is fair enough. Anyway looks like we will close the sale before the weekend and we can't wait to get started on getting floors in and finally telling all the companies that have been holding furniture for us they can finally deliver. Look forward to seeing everyone down when u all get in.

CONGRATULATIONS! Must be a huge relief to see the end in sight. It's not an enviable process but will be worth it when we are all sipping a glass of chilled Pinot in our lovely back gardens! Can I ask you, is there anything from our end that needs to be done about the PRA map, or is it all up to the builder to sort out?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gallagher911

CONGRATULATIONS! Must be a huge relief to see the end in sight. It's not an enviable process but will be worth it when we are all sipping a glass of chilled Pinot in our lovely back gardens! Can I ask you, is there anything from our end that needs to be done about the PRA map, or is it all up to the builder to sort out?

Hey yeah so close but i still feel something will hold us up like it always has. Il be happy when I have the keys in my hand. No there's nothing you can be doing with the PRA map. TBH I'm not 100% what it exactly is. Think it might be something to do with them registering the land in your name!! Just make sure your help to buy is all done and bank has everything it needs to draw down quickly.

Hey yeah so close but i still feel something will hold us up like it always has. Il be happy when I have the keys in my hand. No there's nothing you can be doing with the PRA map. TBH I'm not 100% what it exactly is. Think it might be something to do with them registering the land in your name!! Just make sure your help to buy is all done and bank has everything it needs to draw down quickly.

Yeah, It has been very frustrating at times. think we are in order with the bank. We applied through the AIB eMortages and has all gone very smoothly(not an advertisement!). They constantly chase you for paperwork in a very nice way!

Does anyone know what the houses are wired for?is it just Virgin?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement