Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Farm Naas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭furness

BuzzFish wrote: »
    On the sloping gardens, maybe I can shed some light. I'm in Primrose and the boundry wall was raised quite a bit. After a lot of back and forth with builder and council wondering why the following came to light:

The builder of Primrose Gardens did not adhere to the ground levels as per his plans. He is an absolute cowboy, this is well-known. He just leveled the ground and stuck all the muck where Castlefarm now stands. My house is 1.2-1.4m lower than it should be and this was not noticed until Castlefarm got their foundations down. They are much higher. Stand on the boundary wall and you'll see the huge difference. For that reason houses approaching the boundry to Primrose step down to try to allign but I'm told this could only go so far or the drains would end up going uphill and there is only so much leaway in the plans... not good. I blame the council as they should have checked the ACTUAL levels in Primrose before granting the planning. None of us living there noticed as who checks the FFL (finished floor levels) of a house they are buying.

So the houses are as low as possible, the boundry wall raised to try get some privacy, and it seems some gardens sloped to try to blend the estates. As it is there is still a huge difference. Without the raised wall I'd be able to look into my new neighbors kitchen from my own!

No issue with the land sloping, many knew this from a while ago talking to site about lie of the land. It's more a surprise they didn't step the gardens as it was mentioned earlier. People wouldn't feel the slope as much, as they've done in some other new builds. It's not often a design feature rathe a means to an end. But they say they didn't want garden to feel broken in half. I think it's more likely a cost thing

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

BuzzFish wrote: »
    On the sloping gardens, maybe I can shed some light. I'm in Primrose and the boundry wall was raised quite a bit. After a lot of back and forth with builder and council wondering why the following came to light:

The builder of Primrose Gardens did not adhere to the ground levels as per his plans. He is an absolute cowboy, this is well-known. He just leveled the ground and stuck all the muck where Castlefarm now stands. My house is 1.2-1.4m lower than it should be and this was not noticed until Castlefarm got their foundations down. They are much higher. Stand on the boundary wall and you'll see the huge difference. For that reason houses approaching the boundry to Primrose step down to try to allign but I'm told this could only go so far or the drains would end up going uphill and there is only so much leaway in the plans... not good. I blame the council as they should have checked the ACTUAL levels in Primrose before granting the planning. None of us living there noticed as who checks the FFL (finished floor levels) of a house they are buying.

So the houses are as low as possible, the boundry wall raised to try get some privacy, and it seems some gardens sloped to try to blend the estates. As it is there is still a huge difference. Without the raised wall I'd be able to look into my new neighbors kitchen from my own!

Thanks for the insight on this

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thewalrusis

Went up today. Foreman showed us around our house on the green. Fairly pleased with it for the most part. Was worried about the Slope in back garden as someone had mentioned it here before but it's actually fine I think, I wouldn't even notice it... The only thing is that our ground is a good bit higher than the first row of houses that we back onto.
    Also someone here mentioned about the main bathroom missing the ledge/mirror as it is in the show house. This is the same in our house and its fairly disappointing. The room feels a lot smaller and will not look half as nice without the ledge built in. I spoke to the foreman about this and he's going to put the ledge in for us. If anyone else wants this done I'd ask for it asap before there's any more work done.
    Theres no built in wardrobe in the smallest room, builder seemed to think they don't come as standard however we were told when buying that there would be one built in for us. Again I'd get onto them about this if it's something you want done.
    I spoke to dng about it today to make sure this would all be done as expected and they got back very quickly. They said the bathroom ledge will be put in for us but mirror won't be included, and wardrobe will be put in for us as requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnsob27

Thank you all for this info, very very helpful! Do you mind me asking how you arranged access to your houses on 1-10 The Green? The agent I have been dealing with told me that this wouldn't be possible until the first week of July. Im dying to get in and look at some of the issues ye have noticed before it is too late!

We just went up and asked the security guy. He put me on the phone to the foreman and I told him I wanted to check the garden as I was concerned about the possible slope. Foreman let me go down and he showed me around, he seemed happy enough for us to drop over...maybe we were just lucky that he was there when we called over but it's definitely worth dropping over to check it out if you can. He was saying snagging forget the green might be mid July now which is crap but I'm keeping fingers crossed that it's sooner

• Advertisement

We pushed the agent saying we just had to see house as changes made and too late to raise at snag. He got us in with foreman but I agree maybe just turn up and ask for foreman. Hes lovely! We are asking for something to be done to our sloping garden as I agree it's not huge but we will have to level the top of garden in order to put a patio down and we don't want to do that next spring, rip up as is, so would rather pay if we have to now. It only appears to be a few of us it a slope so we are arguing that it should be levelled better like other plots.

Walrusis we are also debating his option of putting ledge back into. The room will always feel bigger once mirror is in and harder to tell without it on site but I agree the ledge gave it more of a feature.

We opted for no wardrobe in box room but did hear kitchen people said they weren't putting one in when it was specd with one. Poor show when it's 'priced' for all bedrooms in showhouse. Couldn't get anything back for not doing it though.

DNG caved today admitting yes snag on first few on the green is likely third week in July now. 3 weeks later than last week's view.

Went up today. Foreman showed us around our house on the green. Fairly pleased with it for the most part. Was worried about the Slope in back garden as someone had mentioned it here before but it's actually fine I think, I wouldn't even notice it... The only thing is that our ground is a good bit higher than the first row of houses that we back onto.
    Also someone here mentioned about the main bathroom missing the ledge/mirror as it is in the show house. This is the same in our house and its fairly disappointing. The room feels a lot smaller and will not look half as nice without the ledge built in. I spoke to the foreman about this and he's going to put the ledge in for us. If anyone else wants this done I'd ask for it asap before there's any more work done.
    Theres no built in wardrobe in the smallest room, builder seemed to think they don't come as standard however we were told when buying that there would be one built in for us. Again I'd get onto them about this if it's something you want done.
    I spoke to dng about it today to make sure this would all be done as expected and they got back very quickly. They said the bathroom ledge will be put in for us but mirror won't be included, and wardrobe will be put in for us as requested.

Walrusis sorry don't wish to ask your details but are you also a 4bed on The Green? We have asked to measure the showhouse bathroom so we can see if they have actually taken depth from bathroom as we are worried they have. I feel like a proper nag these days with the agent but this is hundreds of thousands of euros we are spending. I'd return a dress if it was a size smaller than I'd thought I bought :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Davidwhit1

Anyone re-snag yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

For anyone interested, still no tarmac and there are now barriers around some of the ESB manholes in PRIMROSE so I suspect some issues with ESB in the area in general that they're trying to sort...maybe.

For anyone interested in getting blinds for the house.We got a great deal from D12 blinds walkinstown every window and door fitted, pvc with tapered like the show house.Just said I’d mention them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 diiiannne

If you don't mind me asking, how much were you quoted? Thanks

diiiannne wrote: »

No it’s grand ,1600 total

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 diiiannne

Thanks so much

Davidwhit1 wrote: »
    No it’s grand ,1600 total

We got a similar quote from Michael Murphy in Newbridge. The guys who did the show house wanted a GOOD bit more

furness wrote: »
    Walrusis sorry don't wish to ask your details but are you also a 4bed on The Green? We have asked to measure the showhouse bathroom so we can see if they have actually taken depth from bathroom as we are worried they have. I feel like a proper nag these days with the agent but this is hundreds of thousands of euros we are spending. I'd return a dress if it was a size smaller than I'd thought I bought :-)
    No we're three bed but I'd imagine the four bed is also changed. The mirror definitely helps with the illusion of extra space but the room definitely feels smaller.. Foreman was fairly adamant that room is 100mm bigger than show house but I want to get in to measure myself. Hopefully can get in for another look in showhouses soon

I second this... Thanks so much for the recommendation. Any idea of quote? Did you measure for a 3/4 bed? We are ready to get order in for blinds on 4 bed but want to shop around.

No we're three bed but I'd imagine the four bed is also changed. The mirror definitely helps with the illusion of extra space but the room definitely feels smaller.. Foreman was fairly adamant that room is 100mm bigger than show house but I want to get in to measure myself. Hopefully can get in for another look in showhouses soon

Our advice...get into both yours and the showhouse. We did and we have things sorted but only after seeing and measuring both and if we are honest..being made to feel like the bad guys, complaining!! The toilet and sink, yeah they are placed cm's further back...BUT the ledge removed and missing means that in terms of maximum depth (ledge depth not walking space depth), the room has lost like 20cm in a 4 bed. That is a lot of 'space' to lose not to mention the use of a ledge and position of a large mirror. Our ledge is going back in, it won't be as deep as the back wall is further back but we will benefit from both further back toilet as sink and use of a ledge. My main point was always that we bought with that feature, we bought 'as per showhouse' and it allowed more space, light and feel of a bigger room and it was taken away.

I second this... Thanks so much for the recommendation. Any idea of quote? Did you measure for a 3/4 bed? We are ready to get order in for blinds on 4 bed but want to shop around.

Yeah €1600 for every window and fort fitted.they make them so taught they would be good quality.they were recommended by our neighbour where we are staying.
    That was for the 3 bed semi

Has anyone had a final valuation done yet? When we got ours done there was still 20k worth of work to be done to house and bank said we need to get another one done before drawdown. Just wondering if anyone got their final valuation done before snagging or is it around the same time?

Has anyone had a final valuation done yet? When we got ours done there was still 20k worth of work to be done to house and bank said we need to get another one done before drawdown. Just wondering if anyone got their final valuation done before snagging or is it around the same time?

Ours was done a good few weeks ago and we are still a month off snagging now. DNG were pushing to get it in but we asked how can they value when not near finish? Turns out valuer for our bank didn't go to site or didn't bother to complete form correctly, had loads of things down wrong. Sent the bank a picture from brochure and confirmed it was worth the value we are paying. He also confirmed house is complete. :-) I wish!! We questioned this (not to mention wondering what we paid him for :-) and the bank are ok as they can see showhouse finish and spec etc. and see valuation of other neaby similar new builds like Stoneleigh. Overall I think the whole valuation thing is a bit of a con here these days, have to use bank panel etc. and paying cash to someone?! I'm guessing each lender is different. We are BoI

• Advertisement

Ours was done a good few weeks ago and we are still a month off snagging now. DNG were pushing to get it in but we asked how can they value when not near finish? Turns out valuer for our bank didn't go to site or didn't bother to complete form correctly, had loads of things down wrong. Sent the bank a picture from brochure and confirmed it was worth the value we are paying. He also confirmed house is complete. :-) I wish!! We questioned this (not to mention wondering what we paid him for :-) and the bank are ok as they can see showhouse finish and spec etc. and see valuation of other neaby similar new builds like Stoneleigh. Overall I think the whole valuation thing is a bit of a con here these days, have to use bank panel etc. and paying cash to someone?! I'm guessing each lender is different. We are BoI
    Are you in the green too? We're also boi and this is the last thing they are asking for so we want to get it sorted asap and can't really wait until mid July if we won't be snagging until then

Are you in the green too? We're also boi and this is the last thing they are asking for so we want to get it sorted asap and can't really wait until mid July if we won't be snagging until then

Yes we are one of the first 4 on the Green. odd that BoI were ok with ours but want another for you but I'm wondering if maybe our house just happened to be a bit further along than yours when done? We went through Naas branch BoI. Hope you get sorted, sure nobody could wait until all new build are done for valuation, you'd never get all the ducks in a row in time. I know the stress of some things is killing a lot of us...but as someone told me yesterday, 'by Christmas you'll sit down by the tree and all be laughing about these things as a distant memory!!'

On the point of valuation... Anyone happy to share what reinstatement valuations you got? We are struggling to believe we could demolish and rebuild our 4 bed for €195,000, figure quoted by valuer. We don't want to overinsure but really don't want to underinsured either.

On the point of valuation... Anyone happy to share what reinstatement valuations you got? We are struggling to believe we could demolish and rebuild our 4 bed for €195,000, figure quoted by valuer. We don't want to overinsure but really don't want to underinsured either.
    Try the scsi calculator online it might give you an estimate, can't remember what ours was

Anyone going for a corner couch for the 3 bed living room? We're considering it but thinking the shape of the room and with the bay window it might not fit

Anyone going for a corner couch for the 3 bed living room? We're considering it but thinking the shape of the room and with the bay window it might not fit

Yeah we have got a corner couch.going to put it the wall backing onto the kitchen/house next door.will have to move the tv point.

Davidwhit1 wrote: »
    Yeah we have got a corner couch.going to put it the wall backing onto the kitchen/house next door.will have to move the tv point.

Yeah didn't really think about that as an option... Good idea!

When we were putting our deposit down we were told that the first 20 people who bought would be getting a free sound system.. Has anyone heard anything about this since?

We were given a 220k reinstatement value on our 3 bed semi

• Advertisement

Has anyone else not signed contract yet? We have ours sitting there, solicitor is reluctant to send back as there is no subject to loan clause in the contract so she wants to wait until the property is ready to sign contract. Obviously DNG want contract signed ASAP and are putting more pressure on now. Don't know what's best to do at this stage

Advertisement