Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Farm Naas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Took a couple of pics through the fence this evening. Houses looking well, even have flowers outside! Very posh ��

Been busy installing gutters etc so final touches on the ones and the end of the road into the estate.

454513.jpg
    Ooo la la... looking lovely ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Would be nice if they clean up the road more regularly. There are two building sites there and they don't seem to care much tbh. Large stones are not unusual to meet on the road now. At least they fixed the invisible speed bump few weeks ago.

Saying that it is a good spot to live in, used to visit my friends at Primrose a lot and hope your houses, kerbs and roads leading to the houses will be better built and maintained ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Funny you mention the road as they seem to have heard ye!
    Bark has be put around all the posts outside the estate, at the roadside, and they've been busy planting on the outside of the estate with loads of new shrubs going in. Starting to look a lot better.
    Yesterday they also started washing the houses in primrose (render finish) to clear off all the muck that's destroyed our houses over the last 18 months. Great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 LoopersC

Called into Castlefarm today. Coming on nicely and looks really good! Lots of tarmac in and landscaping/shrubs/bark etc looks great. I spoke to the site manager but unfortunately didn't get into our own house on the green. Still pretty messy around it and considering I was wearing shorts and flip flops, it probably wasn't the best plan from a health and safety perspective to be fair!!! Site manager was very informative and helpful in any case so I didn't mind at all. Can't wait to snag and move in!!

Davidwhit1 wrote: »
    Ha, I will be able to give you’s a live update

Hi David, Can I ask you, what the time frame between your 1st and 2nd snag was? We got in yesterday for our first snag and hope to have our report sent back on Monday. You must be able to see the twinkle of your new keys at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

Was just down at the showhouses. The estate is looking well! Noticed they've removed the USB points in the showhouses.

They said the green will be starting snagging third week of July. Can't wait to get in!

Was just down at the showhouses. The estate is looking well! Noticed they've removed the USB points in the showhouses.

They said the green will be starting snagging third week of July. Can't wait to get in!

The USB point is in our kitchen as is the ledge in the bathroom 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Davidwhit1

Ha, I will be able to give you’s a live update

Hi David, Can I ask you, what the time frame between your 1st and 2nd snag was? We got in yesterday for our first snag and hope to have our report sent back on Monday. You must be able to see the twinkle of your new keys at this stage!

It was about 2 weeks.yeah we were told it be ready Wednesday so hopefully it is.

It was about 2 weeks.yeah we were told it be ready Wednesday so hopefully it is.

Ah great news, It's looking really nice since they have landscaped it more

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

Could someone pm me the foreman's number?

• Advertisement

We Just sent in our snag report, let's hope there's still a bit of sunshine by the time we get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CLAW1406

Drove up to CF last night, there was no builders, no JBC's, no vans. It looked like a proper homely estate and so clean and tidy....The sunshine obviously helps too. The end is near for Phase 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭furness

We Just sent in our snag report, let's hope there's still a bit of sunshine by the time we get in!

Yay, well done Barry, delighted to hear this. Hope all goes well and you're in soon. Have the cup of nescafé ready for us all to borrow :-p

CLAW1406 wrote: »
    Drove up to CF last night, there was no builders, no JBC's, no vans. It looked like a proper homely estate and so clean and tidy....The sunshine obviously helps too. The end is near for Phase 1 :)

I know, ran past other evening and it is really feeling like it's getting there. Hoarding is now moved around to first house on The Green, so we can 'almost' see ourselves in.

Had the final snag today and were very happy with the house.two weeks and we be in hopefully .

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gallagher911

Hey everyone,

Haven't posted in a while as we were having a bit of a nightmare with everything over the last few weeks. We done our second snag over 6 weeks ago now. Don't everyone panick at that last bit. Waiting for the house to be finished wasn't the hold up it's been paper work. House has been finished and ready to move in for weeks now. First of all we had to wait for a PRA map which they had applied for and had to wait for. When that came in they were asking us for our claims reference number from help to buy which we thought we were finished with. Anyway turns out we didn't upload our contracts on the website so they couldn't claim the money. I uploaded them last Thursday and their solicitor won't close until that money clears which is fair enough. Anyway looks like we will close the sale before the weekend and we can't wait to get started on getting floors in and finally telling all the companies that have been holding furniture for us they can finally deliver. Look forward to seeing everyone down when u all get in.

Hey everyone,

Haven't posted in a while as we were having a bit of a nightmare with everything over the last few weeks. We done our second snag over 6 weeks ago now. Don't everyone panick at that last bit. Waiting for the house to be finished wasn't the hold up it's been paper work. House has been finished and ready to move in for weeks now. First of all we had to wait for a PRA map which they had applied for and had to wait for. When that came in they were asking us for our claims reference number from help to buy which we thought we were finished with. Anyway turns out we didn't upload our contracts on the website so they couldn't claim the money. I uploaded them last Thursday and their solicitor won't close until that money clears which is fair enough. Anyway looks like we will close the sale before the weekend and we can't wait to get started on getting floors in and finally telling all the companies that have been holding furniture for us they can finally deliver. Look forward to seeing everyone down when u all get in.

CONGRATULATIONS! Must be a huge relief to see the end in sight. It's not an enviable process but will be worth it when we are all sipping a glass of chilled Pinot in our lovely back gardens! Can I ask you, is there anything from our end that needs to be done about the PRA map, or is it all up to the builder to sort out?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gallagher911

CONGRATULATIONS! Must be a huge relief to see the end in sight. It's not an enviable process but will be worth it when we are all sipping a glass of chilled Pinot in our lovely back gardens! Can I ask you, is there anything from our end that needs to be done about the PRA map, or is it all up to the builder to sort out?

Hey yeah so close but i still feel something will hold us up like it always has. Il be happy when I have the keys in my hand. No there's nothing you can be doing with the PRA map. TBH I'm not 100% what it exactly is. Think it might be something to do with them registering the land in your name!! Just make sure your help to buy is all done and bank has everything it needs to draw down quickly.

Hey yeah so close but i still feel something will hold us up like it always has. Il be happy when I have the keys in my hand. No there's nothing you can be doing with the PRA map. TBH I'm not 100% what it exactly is. Think it might be something to do with them registering the land in your name!! Just make sure your help to buy is all done and bank has everything it needs to draw down quickly.

Yeah, It has been very frustrating at times. think we are in order with the bank. We applied through the AIB eMortages and has all gone very smoothly(not an advertisement!). They constantly chase you for paperwork in a very nice way!

Does anyone know what the houses are wired for?is it just Virgin?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what the houses are wired for?is it just Virgin?
    Thanks

There are Virgin manholes on the paths but not sure if that means it's exclusively Virgin

There are Virgin manholes on the paths but not sure if that means it's exclusively Virgin

I think all brochures say wired with cat5e cabling for a number of providers. I certainly hope we aren't auto connected to Virgin!

We spotted on our last visit that the position of plugs and exit of wiring for internet etc. under stairs will make it difficult to put in under stairs storage! (You wouldn't want to be reaching in behind back of a roll-out drawer to reset modem, or have a box in there closed off and giving off heat?)

Hi guys, Anyone here have a bit of local knowledge on refuse collection in the area? Any recommendations of good operators or ones to avoid? thanks

Hi guys, Anyone here have a bit of local knowledge on refuse collection in the area? Any recommendations of good operators or ones to avoid? thanks

I use AES. Give you 4 bins for general, organic, recycling and glass. Reliable and I pay by weight which works out cheaper than competition. Txt ye night before each week too which is handy.

I use AES. Give you 4 bins for general, organic, recycling and glass. Reliable and I pay by weight which works out cheaper than competition. Txt ye night before each week too which is handy.

Great BuzzFish,
    Such a luxury that they offer a glass collection service. No more bottle bank trips :) thanks for the response

Great BuzzFish,
    Such a luxury that they offer a glass collection service. No more bottle bank trips :) thanks for the response

I'll add to that not to use Oxegen as they send their trucks around primrose at 6am so unless you fancy an early alarm clock....

Anyone in yet? We did our re-snag on Wednesday and delighted with it. Waiting for our completion notice now, hopefully not much longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I'll add to that not to use Oxegen as they send their trucks around primrose at 6am so unless you fancy an early alarm clock....

AES does early runs, too. Not sure about primrose but in some places they are in at 5.

Anyone in yet? We did our re-snag on Wednesday and delighted with it. Waiting for our completion notice now, hopefully not much longer

We did ours the Wednesday before so hoping to be in next week

• Advertisement

We did ours the Wednesday before so hoping to be in next week

Great stuff, I got a phone call from a delivery man this morning saying he was outside. Ooops!

Advertisement