Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overnight parking near railway station?

Options
  • 11-04-2018 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi, I am planning for a weekend trip to Belfast and have to park my car some where nearer to the Derry railway station for 3 nights. It would be really helpful, if some one could let me know the parking areas and the prices if available

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There is a car park at the train station of course, not sure if you'd be happy to leave your car for a few nights in the public car park?

There's a large car park on Spencer Road, across the dual carriageway from the train.

I've never used it, but would assume they would do a daily rate/weekend rate.

Also a car park in Ebrington, maybe 10mins walk from train.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Rainislove

NIMAN wrote: »
    There is a car park at the train station of course, not sure if you'd be happy to leave your car for a few nights in the public car park?

There's a large car park on Spencer Road, across the dual carriageway from the train.

I've never used it, but would assume they would do a daily rate/weekend rate.

Also a car park in Ebrington, maybe 10mins walk from train.
    Niman, thanks for your reply.. Railway parking won't be a nice option. I am looking for a secure parking. Searching over the internet, I came to see [font=Arial, Tahoma, "Bitstream Vera Sans", sans-serif]quayside offer secure car parking. Do you have any idea?[/font]

Its a right old dander to the train station though.

You could also check out parking at the multistorey at Foyleside..it would be a walk across the Peace Bridge or the Craigavon Bridge to the station, maybe about 20min.

Is distance to walk an issue? You have much luggage?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

The parking on Spencer Road is in a multistorey carpark and is £3.50 per day. 5 min walk to the station then. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.9910471,-7.3121745,3a,90y,302.25h,89.55t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sY7Hc5fVmN3BUSW1Jj5Ol_Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

If you decide on Quayside or Foyleside shopping centre, there's a free bus from Foyle Street Depot to the train station. http://journeyplanner.translink.co.uk/ext_webpdf_mob/TTB/20180412-160319/nir/2102D_y18_TP.pdf

NIMAN wrote: »
    Its a right old dander to the train station though.

You could also check out parking at the multistorey at Foyleside..it would be a walk across the Peace Bridge or the Craigavon Bridge to the station, maybe about 20min.

Is distance to walk an issue? You have much luggage?

I have an infant with me. So giving priority to the nearest.. How secure it would be to use railway parking?

• Advertisement

I'd say the likelihood of anything happening to your car at the train station is very very slim, there's always cars parked there, its not like there will be a time when your car is the only one there, sitting out like a sore thumb.

But if you'd prefer to have it behind a barrier, I'd check out the one in Spencer Road.

The car would probably be grand down at the station. There's not a lot of footfall around there.

I have contacted the Quayside and foyleside, both are having very high rate appr. 40 pounds for two nights. Literally they are asking pound for an hour!!!!!!

Rainislove wrote: »
    I have contacted the Quayside and foyleside, both are having very high rate appr. 40 pounds for two nights. Literally they are asking pound for an hour!!!!!!

That's shocking, I thought they would have special rates.

Other options would include on street parking? There's a few streets nearby with free parking and there's also St.Columbs Park (10 min walk away).

• Advertisement
Advertisement