Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mis-priced item

Options
  • 11-04-2018 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

I purchased an item yesterday on an online Irish store for the advertised price of €1. Similar items on the same site were advertised for €5000+, so it was undoubtedly an error in onine pricing.

I paid for the item using paypal, but have in the past few hours been refunded the purchase price by the online store, whilst also receiving an email stating the item was advertised at the incorrect price, and so has been removed from the website.

I assume I have no comeback?

It did seem too good to be true, although it was worth a try :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You assume correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Funny how nobody ever posts asking what to do when they realise they've wildly underpaid due to a pricing error and want to pay the full price...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 notaplumber

Too good to be true, alas, it was worth it if for no more than a temporary giggle.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

BeardySi wrote: »
    Funny how nobody ever posts asking what to do when they realise they've wildly underpaid due to a pricing error and want to pay the full price...
    not exactly what you describe, but very much along those lines -just last week someone posted about paying dunnes when they copped on they were not charged at all.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    oap here. Well I walked out of dunnes today after using their new self service
    machines (which I am well used to in other stores) and genuinely for getting to finish and pay.
    The total is €15

I was getting help from the assistant to get my old card to scan etc and got a bit confused
    and left believing that I had paid, until it hit my when I got home that I had
    no receipt.

Anyway I have been in contact with a supervisor and she wants me to call in any pay.

My question is this

If I phone them tomorrow and ask them to charge my debit card would this be reasonable, as I presume they will have details of the unpaid for transaction then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Hi,

I purchased an item yesterday on an online Irish store for the advertised price of €1. Similar items on the same site were advertised for €5000+, so it was undoubtedly an error in onine pricing.

I assume I have no comeback?

Thanks.

What kind of comeback do you expect?

• Advertisement
Advertisement