Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible that someone else close by could have the router with same SSID/pwd ?

Options
  • 11-04-2018 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

I've recently got the new hauwei router, but I still see the old SSID on the wireless networks list using a netgear router. Now, I have netgear powerline adapters and have unplugged them all but the old SSID still appears in the wireless list.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Mumha wrote: »
    I've recently got the new hauwei router, but I still see the old SSID on the wireless networks list using a netgear router. Now, I have netgear powerline adapters and have unplugged them all but the old SSID still appears in the wireless list.
    Hi Mumha ,

Thanks for contacting us here.

In order to have this looked into further, I would recommend speaking with a member of our technical support team on 1890 260 260. They would be happy to assist you with this query.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

You seeing this on your device when it scans for a network? It could just be a remembered network? You should be able to delete it and scan again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Wheety wrote: »
    You seeing this on your device when it scans for a network? It could just be a remembered network? You should be able to delete it and scan again.
    I've done a Forget but it still appears. I'll try that 1890 number and see if they can spot the issue.

Advertisement