If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 2018 TV's

Options
  • 11-04-2018 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was looking at getting a new TV and considering the Sony XE90 or Samsung Q7F but now I'm wondering if it's worth waiting for this years models. I want a 55 inch TV and looking at the new Sony XF90, I don't think I could afford it as my budget is roughly €1500 with a little room to go slightly above. Are the Q7F TV's you have in stock the 2018 models? I see you also have the NU8000 in stock at €1399 for the 49 inch, any idea of price for the 55 as an alternative to the Q7F?

And just to add, I'm a big gamer, so which of those would you recommend for the Xbox One X? Lots of Netflix usage as well.

Cheers,
    Dave.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Moiph wrote: »
    Hi,

I was looking at getting a new TV and considering the Sony XE90 or Samsung Q7F but now I'm wondering if it's worth waiting for this years models. I want a 55 inch TV and looking at the new Sony XF90, I don't think I could afford it as my budget is roughly €1500 with a little room to go slightly above. Are the Q7F TV's you have in stock the 2018 models? I see you also have the NU8000 in stock at €1399 for the 49 inch, any idea of price for the 55 as an alternative to the Q7F?

And just to add, I'm a big gamer, so which of those would you recommend for the Xbox One X? Lots of Netflix usage as well.

Cheers,
    Dave.
    Moiph,

apologies for the delay getting back to you and thanks for your post..

The XF90 is quite a bit better than the current XE90 series but unfortunately it may buts your €1500 budget as it launched at £1699 / €1999 whilst of course the KD55XE9005 is really super value now at just £1099/ €1249 ..

In terms of the Samsung Q series - the Q7 we are currently advertising is the 2017/2018 model - these will be replaced over the coming months ( we already have the first of the 'N' series in stock - but they are embargoed until April 25th) - however again I'm anticipating that the replacement for the 55Q7F will be significantly more expensive - the current 55Q7F at £1099 / €1499 does squeeze in under budget and we also have a handful of the QE55Q8C at just £1349 / €1549 which ( almost) works with your budget as well ;) ...

The 55NU8000 is now in stock and shipping at £1399 / €1669 and the 49NU8000 is just £1199 / €1399 - for gaming the NU8 series have slightly less input lag than the QE55Q7 - but the Q7F is still brighter - to be honest we have not had a chance to sit them side by side for comparison yet - but the NU8 series does look pretty good on paper..

All the above prices include our 6 year warranty and all the € pricing also includes shipping anywhere in Ireland.

Keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Moiph,

The XF90 is quite a bit better than the current XE90 series but unfortunately it may buts your €1500 budget as it launched at £1699 / €1999 whilst of course the KD55XE9005 is really super value now at just £1099/ €1249 ..

In terms of the Samsung Q series - the Q7 we are currently advertising is the 2017/2018 model - these will be replaced over the coming months ( we already have the first of the 'N' series in stock - but they are embargoed until April 25th) - however again I'm anticipating that the replacement for the 55Q7F will be significantly more expensive - the current 55Q7F at £1099 / €1499 does squeeze in under budget and we also have a handful of the QE55Q8C at just £1349 / €1549 which ( almost) works with your budget as well ;) ...

The 55NU8000 is now in stock and shipping at £1399 / €1669 and the 49NU8000 is just £1199 / €1399 - for gaming the NU8 series have slightly less input lag than the QE55Q7 - but the Q7F is still brighter - to be honest we have not had a chance to sit them side by side for comparison yet - but the NU8 series does look pretty good on paper..

All the above prices include our 6 year warranty and all the € pricing also includes shipping anywhere in Ireland.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John, thanks very much for the reply.

Yeah the XF90 is definitely out of my range unfortunately. The Q8C would be tempting but I don't fancy curved TV's personally. €1549 is a great price for it though. If that was the price for the 55Q8F I'd be very tempted! I think I'm still torn between the XE90 and Q7F. I hear the XE90 has an advantage with local dimming? Have you compared these 2 side by side?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Moiph,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Yeah the XF90 is definitely out of my range unfortunately. The Q8C would be tempting but I don't fancy curved TV's personally. €1549 is a great price for it though. If that was the price for the 55Q8F I'd be very tempted! I think I'm still torn between the XE90 and Q7F. I hear the XE90 has an advantage with local dimming? Have you compared these 2 side by side?
    Hi Moiph,

I am a big fan of the Sony if I'm honest. We were running both TVs side by side in store. The local dimming really does give it great contrast and while the Samsung Q7 is superior for brightness I find the Sony has better colour and a more natural image. It is also great for motion processing.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Moiph,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi Moiph,

I am a big fan of the Sony if I'm honest. We were running both TVs side by side in store. The local dimming really does give it great contrast and while the Samsung Q7 is superior for brightness I find the Sony has better colour and a more natural image. It is also great for motion processing.

Kind regards

David
    Cheers again for the reply! Have you guys tried out the new Samsung NU8000 in comparison to the Sony XE90? I'm very tempted by the new Samsung but if they Sony is still better then it makes more sense to go for that at the cheaper price.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Moiph,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi Moiph,

Kind regards

David
    Cheers again for the reply! Have you guys tried out the new Samsung NU8000 in comparison to the Sony XE90? I'm very tempted by the new Samsung but if they Sony is still better then it makes more sense to go for that at the cheaper price.
    Hi Moiph.

We have yet to have the NU8000 range hit our stores but hopefully by the end of the month we will have one out on display.

It will be very interesting to see in the flesh, to compare in to the new Sony's and even the older generation Samsungs.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.