Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft CS and delays with replacement.

Options
  • 11-04-2018 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Bought 2 custom controllers from their online store for the kids. One in Oct 2017 and the other Dec 2017.
    Both have faulty headphone jacks. I contacted MSFT by Chat in Feb re this and they said they'd organise replacements. They asked me to send on the receipts. I did.
    2 weeks later I got a mail asking to contact them again.
    I contacted again on chat. It's very time consuming as you have to wait for the CS agent to come online and then, unlike say Amazon, it takes 5 minutes or so each time for them to get back. I was on for over an hour and was assured that it would be sorted out. I gave my email address and was told the replacements were ordered and I would get a confirmation email within 48 hours.

3 days later : nothing. I went back to chat and had to explain the situation all over again. I was told there was an issue with the ordering system and that it was now ordered (this all took 1.5 hours or more, v.frustrating) . I was told I had to send back the controllers but that all the details would be in the email.

A week later: no email. I went BACK to the chat- another 45 minutes waiting and 1.5 hours online. This time I was told that the order could not be put through and had not been put through as the custom controllers are dealt with through another centre. I was told that this person "owned" my issue and would be back on to me. Then towards the end of the chat, he said, Oh the October purchase is no longer under our 4 month warranty.

WTH??? This was news to me about the 4 month warranty and ii) that it was expired. I said that I had contacted in Feb and it was now April due to their delays. Furthermore that the EU Directive and Irish Sale of Goods act protects for 2 years for electronic items. He countered with that this was only for purchases in a shop. I said that this bolstered the manufacturers warranty (they are 2 separate things) and that this made Microsoft the "shop" in this case.

He said that he would look into it and let me know, but in any event the 2nd controller was covered. He requested that I send him the receipts again, which I did while we were online and he said he got them. He said he would be in touch asap.

3 days later: Guess what: NO email

My head is melted. I have spent 5 hours online to Microsoft with no confirmation regarding a replacement for the controllers. What would you do in this situation?
    Also, who is correct regarding warranties?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Anyone? Back on the Chat wirh them again tonight and same excuses/same conversation. 1. It takes time. 2. It's not our department. 3. There is a tech error.

It's been 2 months now and I'm fed up!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Don't use the chat, request a call back. Ask for your issue to be escalated (as its taken so long to resolve) and request the ticket number.

Irish law is 6 years to claim, but that doesn't mean something must last 6 years, the device must last a reasonable amount of time. I cant see anyone being able to argue a controller should last less than 7 months though so i would just get on to them again.

Advertisement