Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting Portlaoise to Dublin for work

Options
  • 11-04-2018 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It depends on how you plan to do it and in turn where you have to get to in Dublin.

Traffic generally starts building from 7am after the M9 merge and there's frequently accidents here which make things a lot worse! Add to that then the roadworks around Naas. On a bad morning, you could EASILY be looking at over 2 hours to get to the M50.

Similarly the evening traffic will be heavy around Naas and again, a crash will possibly leave you sitting for 45 minutes trying to get that far. Fridays are always bad days.

Myself I work in South Dublin and drive and it usually takes me about an hour each way... but I don't leave the house till 9ish and by doing so I miss almost all of the traffic. Similarly on the return trip I wait till half 6 before I leave the office - but I'm lucky to have the flexibility and type of job to do that.

I can't speak to the public transport option but there are several coaches (JJ Kavanagh, Bus Eireann and Dublin Coach) serving Portlaoise-Dublin, but it depends where you need to be when they drop you off in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

I actually go to the same area (starting to wonder if you're in the same place now :p) and parking up that way - if it's in the business park - is a disaster unless you have parking through your employer.

A lot of people in our place leave cars in Sandyford estate and walk/get the LUAS up.

Do you happen to work in a big new building by any chance? :) If so I know that parking has become very difficult there in recent times. If it's the place I'm thinking of, have you tried the other location just up from it?

• Advertisement

Advertisement