Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir sport access removed from bundle as I live in a rural area

Options
  • 11-04-2018 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, 
    I am in the process of getting a line connected to a new house and I have been trying to agree a bundle to sign up to. 
    I looked at the Broadband, Unlimited Mobile & UK calls bundle and agreed with the sales person on prices however as eir have not yet delivered broadband onto the line I will be connected to I will have to use mobile broadband and I am told therefore I will not have access to the eir sport app. 

This seems ridiculous and puts people who live in rural areas at a massive disadvantage. Not only do I have to contend with a slower connection as eir have not gotten around to putting any broadband on the line but I can't have an unrelated product?

The delivery system is the only thing that has changed here i.e. mobile broadband instead of fixed line. therefore why is the access to the eir sport app being removed from the package?

This is like being told you can only have a car with 18 inch wheels not 20 and because of that you also cant have air con. 

Can you explain why this is so and if anyone can address this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 scurran19

Why has there not been a response to this? I can see all other threads are getting replied to. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

scurran19 wrote: »
    Why has there not been a response to this? I can see all other threads are getting replied to. 
    Hi scurran19 ,

Are you saying that you do not have access anymore? 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi scurran19 ,

Are you saying that you do not have access anymore? 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,
    As I mentioned I am in the process of getting a line connected to my house so I have not yet purchased a bundle. 
    My question was why am I being denied access to eir sport due to the fact that my broadband delivery method is different?
    It seems I am being discriminated against because I don't have the ability to get fixed line broadband into the house. 

Thanks,
    Seán

Again, a reply would be appreciated. 

Is there a reason this thread is being ignored? I updated on the 13th. There have been nearly 3 working days between then and now in which a reply would have been expected. If this is being investigated then I understand but an update to say that would help. 

• Advertisement

Is there a reason this thread is being ignored? I updated on the 13th. There have been nearly 3 working days between then and now in which a reply would have been expected. If this is being investigated then I understand but an update to say that would help. 
    Hi scurran19 ,

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Unfortunately, access to the eir sport app is not inclusive with eir mobile broadband.

I'm sorry it's not better news.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi scurran19 ,

Unfortunately, access to the eir sport app is not inclusive with eir mobile broadband.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Tomas,
    Thank you for your reply, however I don't see why customers who want to get fixed line broadband but are unable because eir have not upgraded their infrastructure are being punished. 
    Surely its possible to grant customers in my situation access to the eir sport app? Otherwise I will be paying the same amount as other customers but getting a far inferior service. 

Thanks,
    Seán

Hi scurran19 ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Tomas,
    Thank you for your reply, however I don't see why customers who want to get fixed line broadband but are unable because eir have not upgraded their infrastructure are being punished. 
    Surely its possible to grant customers in my situation access to the eir sport app? Otherwise I will be paying the same amount as other customers but getting a far inferior service. 

Thanks,
    Seán
    I completely understand your frustrations at this time, I will be sure to pass your feedback on to our development team.

We are constantly working on improving our plans and packages to give the best value bundles possible.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement