Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Android watch should i get

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Samson1 wrote: »
    Had not heard anything by yesterday (Sunday 9th), no email from DID and no change on the order on their website ("Processing"). Tried that Chat - moved from one agent to the other, no-one replied.

So I thought I'd try the phone number that came on the confirmation email, rang, answered straight off & was told that the watch was ready for collection in-store ! Was emailed collection receipt immediately & got both the watch & the Wireless charger Duo (class act). :):)

Very happy with the watch, not too big - small bit larger than previous, great display.
    Have been doing a lot installing apps, faces , setting up etc, so hard to comment on the battery life - but does seem a big improvement

Quick question for you. On your order, was there any mention of the wireless charger? I only ask as I ordered mine with them in the 5th, and there's no mention of the wireless charger on the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Ordered mine on the 5th and have no mention of the wireless charger on the order details

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Samson1

bennyx_o wrote: »
    When did you order yours?

I ordered on 31st August.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Samson1

Quick question for you. On your order, was there any mention of the wireless charger? I only ask as I ordered mine with them in the 5th, and there's no mention of the wireless charger on the order.

No, I just checked and there was no mention of the wireless charger on the invoice emailed to me, or on the invoice on their site either.

I had taken a screenshot of their website page offering the free wireless charger (to be sure!).

It Said:-
    " Pre-Order the Samsung Galaxy Watch by Sept 6th and get a Wireless Charger worth €99.99"

I believe that was still on their website until the 8th of September.
    Either way if you ordered on the 5th, you will receive the charger free.

Samson1 wrote: »
    No, I just checked and there was no mention of the wireless charger on the invoice emailed to me, or on the invoice on their site either.

I had taken a screenshot of their website page offering the free wireless charger (to be sure!).

It Said:-
    " Pre-Order the Samsung Galaxy Watch by Sept 6th and get a Wireless Charger worth €99.99"

I believe that was still on their website until the 8th of September.
    Either way if you ordered on the 5th, you will receive the charger free.

Thanks for that. I'm a cynical sort, so when I didn't see it on the order screen, I started to get suspicious. Just looking forward to getting it now to be honest. Expected delivery date is the 26th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

any one else having an issue with Harvey Norman,

I got the watch on release date after pre ordering it from them to collect in store... happy days, but they didn't have the wireless charger in stock, obviously i understand these things happen so i left it go with a "we'll contact you when it's in stock again".

Last night i spotted they were back in stock in my nearest store (where i pre ordered from) so i went there this morning to collect my free wireless charger, only to be told they have them in stock but won't be giving them out to preorder's as they are for sale only?

am i being unreasonable to feel they should honour their promotion to customers who preordered with them before profiteering?

are DID or the others who preordered the watch encountering the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Of course they should honour the promotion, don't let that go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, I would say they should definitely be fulfilling orders already made, before trying to sell more.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,916 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Does anyone know if an ordinary 22mm watch strap will fit a Galaxy Watch/S3 etc?

I've had a Skagen watch in the past and I loved their style of strap and fastener, and would really love this with my Galaxy watch but it's a pricey unless I'm sure it's going to work.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Does anyone know if an ordinary 22mm watch strap will fit a Galaxy Watch/S3 etc?

I've had a Skagen watch in the past and I loved their style of strap and fastener, and would really love this with my Galaxy watch but it's a pricey unless I'm sure it's going to work.

From everything I've read, including on the Samsung website, they're just standard 22mm straps. I've a few in my Amazon and AliExpress baskets waiting to be bought.

• Advertisement

It's supposed to be a standard 22mm strap anyway. Any of the replacement straps ones on Amazon look like they'd work.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aimtel-compatible-Stainless-Replacement-Bracelet-Black

Should i get a screen protector for the Galaxy Watch? I hated having one on my phone, but given i'll be working out with this on, i suppose i should.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Kiith wrote: »
    It's supposed to be a standard 22mm strap anyway. Any of the replacement straps ones on Amazon look like they'd work.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aimtel-compatible-Stainless-Replacement-Bracelet-Black

Should i get a screen protector for the Galaxy Watch? I hated having one on my phone, but given i'll be working out with this on, i suppose i should.

I have Gear Sport since February, not a mark on it .Personally I wouldn't bother with a screen protector.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Opinions on Amazefit? Can be gotten for about 60 euro delivered. I'm looking for a cheap watch with GPS built in - specifically to track runs without taking my phone with me, then have the ability to sync with phone afterwards and save my results from there. Will be using it as a stand-alone device (never paired for calls etc) just purely used for step and GPS running. Jumping up from a Miband 2 . Any opinions appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Quazzie wrote: »

while browsing last night i found this page:

it gives the compatibilities of the watch straps if that helps?

https://shop.samsung.com/uk/Products/Accessories/Wearables-Accessories/c/AC03

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Yeah I just bought a leather 22mm for my S3. Just make sure it has the little spring loaded clip thing. I've one in my G Watch R that will never be got out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

rizzee wrote:
    Opinions on Amazefit? Can be gotten for about 60 euro delivered. I'm looking for a cheap watch with GPS built in - specifically to track runs without taking my phone with me, then have the ability to sync with phone afterwards and save my results from there. Will be using it as a stand-alone device (never paired for calls etc) just purely used for step and GPS running. Jumping up from a Miband 2 . Any opinions appreciated

Don't know about the Bip of that's what you're referring to but I've the place and it's fantastic. Up to five days battery life and that includes me doing my cycle commutes with GPS on

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Feck.

Apple have just added an ECG to the series 4. Now none of the AW options in the next month or so will make muster. Damnit Apple.

ED E wrote: »
    Feck.

Apple have just added an ECG to the series 4. Now none of the AW options in the next month or so will make muster. Damnit Apple.

It's seriously impressive but I couldn't have a watch with it on it. I even had to turn off the heart rate sensor on my Gear S3 as it was close to sending me to an early grave by itself with worry.

Shame it's a horrible looking watch (imo...i hate the square watches).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,468 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Anyone have an issue where if they use Google assistant on their smart watch within earshot of Google home speaker and they both try answer a query?

I know on the phone it will come up other device answered but the watch doesn't seem to have that awareness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭PaulT21

ED E wrote: »
    Feck.

Thank God I sold my Apple watch last week and bought the new Samsung ðŸ˜

Don't know about the Bip of that's what you're referring to but I've the place and it's fantastic. Up to five days battery life and that includes me doing my cycle commutes with GPS on

Thanks for that. Think i'm just going to go for the Bip, it's getting great reviews and seems to have all the features I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

rizzee wrote:

I have the Stratos a few months now and use it for cycling. Very happy with it. €150ish from AliExpress

DID website is saying that if you order the new Samsung Watch today, it will be delivered within 5 working days. They're obviously expecting a large delivery

DID website is saying that if you order the new Samsung Watch today, it will be delivered within 5 working days. They're obviously expecting a large delivery

I just got my delivery confirmation email. Will be ready for collection from tomorrow PM onwards. Wasn't due to be delivered until the 26th.

gman2k wrote: »
    I have the Stratos a few months now and use it for cycling. Very happy with it. €150ish from AliExpress

I think I will just get the blip, its about 55-60 including post on Gearbest/Ali Express. Hopefully won't get hit with customs?

I just got my delivery confirmation email. Will be ready for collection from tomorrow PM onwards. Wasn't due to be delivered until the 26th.

Got a similar email. Mine is getting delivered to a Galway store, so can collect it on Saturday afternoon. Delighted. Dying to play around with for 20 minutes, and then realise I made another impulse purchase :D

I bought it in shop in the end, so don't know if i'll get an email when it arrives.

Might give them a shout tomorrow and see if it's going to be anytime soon.

Ok, called them there, and the next batch are due in the warehouse tomorrow. Said it should be available for collection on either Saturday or Monday.

Finally gave up and ordered a charger for the LG last night, and then found it this morning. Strap gave up on the Gear S3 too, but can't complain as it was 18 months old but I'll need a new one as the strap that comes with the Frontier is awful.

• Advertisement

Good Christ it's glacially slow, like a 4 or 5 second response from a tap to something happening. I forgot that the G Watch R didn't even have the Wear 2100 chip and has the Snapdragon 400 so presumably it's the hardware and not a sad reflection on Wear OS.

Advertisement