Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Android watch should i get

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

d31b0y wrote: »
    I wouldn't get too caught up in any case. Android Pay on Wear OS is not compatible in Ireland. The app keeps on disabling itself.

With the pay enabler app you can enable it with one click. I have pay enabler set to a hardware button

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Anyone still waiting on their Galaxy Watch pre-order from DID? Ordered on 5th September and last update I got was that stock would be received this week.

I ordered mine on the 5th as well, and got it last Friday. I called the shop i ordered it in to check, but it should have arrived for you by now (i would have thought).

Wireless charger thing is ready for collection today as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

https://youtu.be/bZxN4dS3hvI

Snapdragon Wear 3100 - first look

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Kiith wrote: »
    I ordered mine on the 5th as well, and got it last Friday. I called the shop i ordered it in to check, but it should have arrived for you by now (i would have thought).

Wireless charger thing is ready for collection today as well.
    I ordered mine for delivery (Stupidly, it seems now) and when I emailed them earlier, they said they're still waiting for stock to arrive. Guess I'll be waiting longer

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone had experience with Fossil smart watches, couldn’t see anything here.

Read the Galaxy Watch doesn’t support WhatsApp - is that right?

Moving from IOS to Android and after taking bloody ages to decide on a note 9 over a P20 Pro it’s tkme to start thinking about a watch (will sell my series 2 Apple one).

• Advertisement

Read the Galaxy Watch doesn’t support WhatsApp - is that right?

Works fine for me. Or at least i can read and reply to messages. Not sure that i can create them from scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Yeah that's it. You can reply so long as the notification is there but you can't view messages without a notification or send a new message. Same thing for Hangouts, Gmail, SMS, etc.

Edit - actually you can view a full list of SMS amd create new ones, so long as you've a Samsung phone and you're using the Samsung SMS app on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Anyone have any info on the new amazfit verve?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

kave2 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/bZxN4dS3hvI

Snapdragon Wear 3100 - first look

This is a big deal.

Going from first gen AW to a new model around Xmas is going to be suhweeeet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

With the pay enabler app you can enable it with one click. I have pay enabler set to a hardware button

Yeah, I've used this and had it assigned to my hardware button but I found it so slow to enable that it's just easier to bring your wallet.
    Coupled with having to use a lock for the entire watch to use Google Pay, I just wasn't using it often enough to be worth the hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

d31b0y wrote: »
    Yeah, I've used this and had it assigned to my hardware button but I found it so slow to enable that it's just easier to bring your wallet.
    Coupled with having to use a lock for the entire watch to use Google Pay, I just wasn't using it often enough to be worth the hassle.

You can set the lock to only lock when it's off the wrist, just means you've only to unlock it once every morning when you put it on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

That's enough of an annoyance for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

ED E wrote: »
    This is a big deal.

Going from first gen AW to a new model around Xmas is going to be suhweeeet.

What wearables can we expect before Christmas? I'm in the market for a new watch having decided to cut my losses on my LG Urbane 2 after the strap broke. Had my eye on the Skagen Falster 2 but it has the 2100.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

keano_afc wrote: »
    What wearables can we expect before Christmas? I'm in the market for a new watch having decided to cut my losses on my LG Urbane 2 after the strap broke. Had my eye on the Skagen Falster 2 but it has the 2100.

Was mentioned a while back that it will be March/April before we start seeing most of the 3100 chip watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

For anyone using a Samsung gear sport, what earphones are you using?
    Thanks.

Received my watch today from DID, however, the top seal was broken when I took it out of the bag. I've contacted DID and they've said they got a number of calls saying this today and that the watch would still be under full guarantee. Anyone else have this issue with their watch after being delivered?

leSGaev.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Very odd, what does the watch look like? (tampered with?)

There should be protective plastic over it, look for fingerprints under it

Could well be innocent but I wouldn't be happy with a broken seal, that's why they are there to show it's a factory seal.

Got my 42MM galaxy watch from Amazon with the free dual charger, seals were intact

I got mine from DID, but the seal was still unbroken. It's probably fine, but you would be well within your rights to return it and get a replacement/refund.

I've opened it and it is untouched inside, so I'll keep an eye to make sure there are no issues. Also asked about the wireless charger duo and he said their estimated date for more is 4th October.

Lastly, any recommendations for a metal mesh strap for the 42mm?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,916 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

bennyx_o wrote: »
    I've opened it and it is untouched inside, so I'll keep an eye to make sure there are no issues. Also asked about the wireless charger duo and he said their estimated date for more is 4th October.

Lastly, any recommendations for a metal mesh strap for the 42mm?

I bought this, and the quality is pretty good. A bit better than I expected given the price.

The thing about it is tho, I can't use the free dual charger from DID when this strap is on the watch because it won't lay flat which is a bit of a nuisance.

EDIT: I just realised you said 42mm watch so this might not be suitable. Sorry

• Advertisement

Question for all those who upgraded from gear sport to galaxy watch, is it worth the extra 110e? Biggest advantage seems to be the battery life. I just can't decide.
    Also what apps would you use apart from fitness and music. Asking because of lack of apps on Tizen Vs AW.

Question for all those who upgraded from gear sport to galaxy watch, is it worth the extra 110e? Biggest advantage seems to be the battery life. I just can't decide.
    Also what apps would you use apart from fitness and music. Asking because of lack of apps on Tizen Vs AW.

I was all set to upgrade but missed the deadline to get the free dual charger.
    Have now decided to wait for a few months and see what is released with the new chip.

If there isn't anything of interest I'll probably buy the galaxy.

yabadabado wrote: »

I was all set to upgrade but missed the deadline to get the free dual charger.
    Have now decided to wait for a few months and see what is released with the new chip.

If there isn't anything of interest I'll probably buy the galaxy.
    Dual charger doesn't bother me. I think I would prefer the stock charger, seems more practical.
    GW is 259e on eglobal, gear sport 150e.

Dual charger doesn't bother me. I think I would prefer the stock charger, seems more practical.

I really wanted the dual charger it would have been perfect for me at work.When I missed out it just made me give a but of a rethink.
    I could easily end up buying the Galawy yet.

I'd agree with that. I think the Wireless Charger is a bit of a gimmick, and I owned one already for my S9.
    It's handy in the office, sitting on my desk, but at night time, when I'm going to sleep, it's just as easy to plug my phone and watch into the stock charger

Seen the watch for the first time, in DID Galway. They had Frontier, Gear Sport, GW and gear fit pro 2. Unfortunately they all had dead battery. GW looks very nice, it's just the plastic bottom looks kinda out of place. For that kind of money the should've made it all metal or ceramic like apple watch.

Btw, played with the Apple watch series 3 too, and it looks and feels very nice. Very premium.

Read a review of GW, and it says that it takes half a second/ second to refresh the data on the watchface after the screen turns on. Is that true?

For anyone still waiting on the wireless charger that came with the Galaxy Watch, i checked with DID and they said there was a massive backfill, and Samsung were sending them pretty slowly. They did say orders should all be sent out by October 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Got my Galaxy Watch yesterday ... ordered from DID ... whats supposed to do first and/or next !?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭PaulT21

rolion wrote: »
    Got my Galaxy Watch yesterday ... ordered from DID ... whats supposed to do first and/or next !?

Have a look at this for an idea or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oadN1c42Rso:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I kept the 42mm 1, it's a brilliant piece of kit, the hands free capabilities is brilliant, I would say it's even better than the speaker on the phone itself. I like the reply functionality as well, reminds me of old school Nokia.

Advertisement