Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Android watch should i get

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Anyone have any info on the new amazfit verve?

It was released in China last week. A few videos online. It's no looker but offers a lot. It is being marketed as a health watch with advanced heart monitoring & alerts to warn of heart irregularities.

No sign of when there will be a global version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Discodog wrote: »
    It was released in China last week. A few videos online. It's no looker but offers a lot. It is being marketed as a health watch with advanced heart monitoring & alerts to warn of heart irregularities.

No sign of when there will be a global version.

Funnily enough, from what I've seen of it, I like the look of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Ordered a TicWatch Pro on amazon for 256.50 euro, they have a promotion on at the moment that you get a Ticband Fitness Tracker free with it worth 53 odd euros at the moment.

Handy because it's my sisters birthday at the weekend. Two birds, one stone:D.
    I'm thinking it's a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

The leaked photos of the Huawei Watch GT look very nice. Rumoured to be launching with the new Mate and having the 3100 inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

I got a present of a new watch so I'm selling my Huawei Watch 2 Classic. In excellent condition, 6 months old. A great watch. PM me if interested, also listed for sale on Adverts.

The new LG Watch W7 oddly has a screen but physical hands. The rest of the specs aren't great even if you're into having the odd setup.

https://www.androidauthority.com/lg-watch-w7-review-910271/

Looks nice though. Hopefully they do a regular smart watch along the same design lines.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wasn't expecting it, but my Verizon Wear24 watch just updated to the new WearOS version, which is fantastic tbh, good looking watch for small money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,468 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting it, but my Verizon Wear24 watch just updated to the new WearOS version, which is fantastic tbh, good looking watch for small money.

Not sure what's the story with this. I have a Ticwatch E and the Wear OS update seems to be pushed from Google. My watch received it but I don't think it's got all the new features. Swiping left or right still changes the watch face for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Ush1 wrote: »
    Not sure what's the story with this. I have a Ticwatch E and the Wear OS update seems to be pushed from Google. My watch received it but I don't think it's got all the new features. Swiping left or right still changes the watch face for me.

Yeah I read somewhere that the update pushed through the play store doesn't have this. You'd need to flash to get the full version with sweeping screens

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Patww79 wrote: »
    The new LG Watch W7 oddly has a screen but physical hands. The rest of the specs aren't great even if you're into having the odd setup.

https://www.androidauthority.com/lg-watch-w7-review-910271/

Looks nice though. Hopefully they do a regular smart watch along the same design lines.

Physical hands on smart watch! Wtf, make no sense whatsoever.

I suppose nothing should be surprising from the company that made the G5.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

kave2 wrote: »
    Physical hands on smart watch! Wtf, make no sense whatsoever.

Also no NFC, HRM or GPS, quite poor battery - and it's pricey too. Don't get who this is going to appeal to.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, all the new functions seem to be working as advertised here, swiping and all.
    Of course the watch doesn't have a HR monitor so it's limited in that respect.
    It does have NFC but Verizon never elected to activate it for Android Pay purposes, not sure if this update has changed that.

However, seeing as this watch as quickly discontinued and stocks disposed of in a $50 fire sale, it cost me a total of about €90 all in shipping and customs included, it's a nicely up to date Android watch now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just got the new update on my to watch E. Looks good. Swiping left causes google assistant to appear and right is for fitness tracking. Delighted they went back to the holding the screen to change the watch face. Swiping down from the top for shortcuts got an overhaul too.

Other then that can’t see what else is new

• Registered Users Posts: 11,468 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Just got the new update on my to watch E. Looks good. Swiping left causes google assistant to appear and right is for fitness tracking. Delighted they went back to the holding the screen to change the watch face. Swiping down from the top for shortcuts got an overhaul too.

Other then that can’t see what else is new

Do you know does it have to be the Tichealth app when you swipe right or can it be changed to google fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

or can it be changed to google fit?

Not like you'd want fit anymore after Google destroyed it a month or so ago :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I have the tick watch s and the update pushed from the play store. Def better.

Must keep an eye on the pro looks the business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I got the tic watch Pro Friday, like it. One problem is when a call comes in is a bit of lag. Have to wait a few seconds before answer button works.I'm thinking its a software issue, have the latest update of os.also Google pay keeps disabling itself.
    Anyone else have these problems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭ra0044

deco nate wrote: »
    I got the tic watch Pro Friday, like it. One problem is when a call comes in is a bit of lag. Have to wait a few seconds before answer button works.I'm thinking its a software issue, have the latest update of os.also Google pay keeps disabling itself.
    Anyone else have these problems?

I have the Ticwatch pro for just over a month. Really enjoying it so far. Battery life is good, like the dual screen etc.

I haven't had an issue with the speed of incoming calls showing on it. I have it paired with my LG v30 and touch wood it is fine.

I don't use Google pay so can't comment on that sorry.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone any experience of Fossil smart watches?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Anyone who ordered from EGlobal central know what the story is with delivery. Mine says it has been received by carrier and to visit an post site, but no tracking code works with it

I have had my Pace for a week now & I really like it. Absolute steal for the price.

My Gear S3 went a bit nuts yesterday and dropped from 100% to 15% in about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭eggy81

Hi all. I'm in the market for an android watch and have a few questions.

Do these watches have the functionality to be used as a golf watch.

I'm interested in the galaxy watch and am currently using an s7 under contract until next March. I w was planning on changing to a xiaomi or one plus SIM free next time around. Will this influence the type of watch I should be looking at.

At this stage should I just wait u til next batch of watches are available with new chips. Would I be wasting money now.

My Gear S3 went a bit nuts yesterday and dropped from 100% to 15% in about an hour.

Woke up with it dead now after going to sleep with it at 77% so it looks like it's fecked. In the market now myself for one, bad timing when I've just pre-ordered a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Woke up with it dead now after going to sleep with it at 77% so it looks like it's fecked. In the market now myself for one, bad timing when I've just pre-ordered a phone.

Have you tried resetting it? https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/gear-s3-frontier-how-do-i-reset-my-samsung-gear-s3-frontier/

d31b0y wrote: »

Won't stay on long enough now to get it reset. Will try do it on the charging cradle later.

If that new Huawei GT had been Wear OS I'd have been all over the Mate 20 Pro offer that's on the go at the moment, but it's some weird Huawei software on it.

• Advertisement

is there any way outside the android wear watches to get turn-by-turn notifications to a watch? (whilst connected to a phone by bluetooth)

e.g. if this was possible with something like the cheap bip with great battery life it would be amazing but haven't seen this on any non android wear watch

Advertisement