Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Android watch should i get

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Patww79 wrote: »
    Woke up with it dead now after going to sleep with it at 77% so it looks like it's fecked. In the market now myself for one, bad timing when I've just pre-ordered a phone.
    It's a software problem, samsung have said they will release an update to fix the problem.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/samsung-gear-s3-battery-drain-update_id110136

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

deco nate wrote: »
    It's a software problem, samsung have said they will release an update to fix the problem.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/samsung-gear-s3-battery-drain-update_id110136

Nice one, cheers. Didn't think it would be anything like that as it hasn't seen an update in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I got the tic watch Pro Friday, like it. One problem is when a call comes in is a bit of lag. Have to wait a few seconds before answer button works.I'm thinking its a software issue, have the latest update of os.also Google pay keeps disabling itself.
    Anyone else have these problems?

Google pay for Wear OS is not available in Ireland. It works when enabled but will keep disabling itself after about 20 minutes!! There is an app, pay enabler, that helps but its not a perfect solution!

Skuxx wrote: »
    Google pay for Wear OS is not available in Ireland. It works when enabled but will keep disabling itself after about 20 minutes!! There is an app, pay enabler, that helps but its not a perfect solution!
    Yes, I found that out after posting. Thanks. I now have it assigned to the button. Thanks for the reply, still don't understand why Google disabled it after launching it here.
    Works on phone, but not a watch. Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Yes, I found that out after posting. Thanks. I now have it assigned to the button. Thanks for the reply, still don't understand why Google disabled it after launching it here.
    Works on phone, but not a watch. Strange

Yes very strange! Hopefully they relaunch it soon. I bought the Huawei Watch 2 for the android pay before realising it won't work properly!! 😩

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I was considering buying a few months ago but it seemed better to wait for new models towards the end of the year - what do people think now?

Was looking at a Ticwatch Pro or similar

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I was considering buying a few months ago but it seemed better to wait for new models towards the end of the year - what do people think now?

Was looking at a Ticwatch Pro or similar

I took the other approach & bought an older model at a low price. I have the Amazfit Pace & I am pleased with it especially at €80.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Could anyone recommend a good watch that has NFC to facilitate Google pay, for €100 or so? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dulux99 wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a good watch that has NFC to facilitate Google pay, for €100 or so? Cheers!

Read the posts above yours :rolleyes:

ED E wrote: »

I did read them. The watches they were speaking about were €230+ and I was unsure as to what they were speaking about with regards to NFC, it was unclear to me if NFC is available or not in Ireland, or whether the NFC issue were related to that watch in particular.

But thanks for the smarmy post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I did read them. The watches they were speaking about were €230+ and I was unsure as to what they were speaking about with regards to NFC, it was unclear to me if NFC is available or not in Ireland, or whether the NFC issue were related to that watch in particular.

If you read and understood the posts you would realise that Google pay for Wear OS is not available in Ireland. It works when enabled but will keep disabling itself after about 20 minutes. You need to use a workaround which means some action every time you want to use it, regardless of what watch you have

If you read and understood the posts you would realise that Google pay for Wear OS is not available in Ireland. It works when enabled but will keep disabling itself after about 20 minutes. You need to use a workaround which means some action every time you want to use it, regardless of what watch you have

I'm not an expert on it, hence why I asked for some advice. Perish the thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Skuxx wrote: »
    Google pay for Wear OS is not available in Ireland.

Not sure how much clearer he could have been. There's being and luddite and theres just plain laziness.

You could have been nicer about it. There is no condescension in telling someone to read the previous posts where the issue was explained clearly

Not sure how much clearer he could have been. There's being and luddite and theres just plain laziness.

That wasn't in the post directly above theirs. Would have taken the same time to answer as it did to be a smartarse.

You could have been nicer about it. There is no condescension in telling someone to read the previous posts where the issue was explained clearly

The said to read the post directly above theirs, which mentions neither NFC or Google Pay.

The said to read the post directly above theirs, which mentions neither NFC or Google Pay.

He said posts

He said posts

So how far back does someone go? If every thread just descended into being a ... because something was mentioned once before then they'd all be a complete mess. Either don't answer or post something useful when you're going to the trouble of replying.

So how far back does someone go? If every thread just descended into being a ... because something was mentioned once before then they'd all be a complete mess. Either don't answer or post something useful when you're going to the trouble of replying.

FFS Pat it's 5 posts previous

FFS Pat it's 5 posts previous

Then the best course is don't reply at all. What's the limit on how far you go back? 5 posts, 10 posts, 8 pages? Probably wouldn't have even read as dickish without the little eyeroll added in either. That's when you're going out of your way to be one.

• Advertisement

Then the best course is don't reply at all. What's the limit on how far you go back? 5 posts, 10 posts, 8 pages? Probably wouldn't have even read as dickish without the little eyeroll added in either. That's when you're going out of your way to be one.

At least read the last page, it's laziness at it finest to jump into an ongoing discussion thread asking questions without at least reading the last page. If it was a bigger thread I'd say last few pages. It was 5 posts previous, could've been read in the time it took to create the post.

eggy81 wrote: »
    Hi all. I'm in the market for an android watch and have a few questions.

Do these watches have the functionality to be used as a golf watch.

I'm interested in the galaxy watch and am currently using an s7 under contract until next March. I w was planning on changing to a xiaomi or one plus SIM free next time around. Will this influence the type of watch I should be looking at.

At this stage should I just wait u til next batch of watches are available with new chips. Would I be wasting money now.

TicWatch Pro has it, and I'm sure many others have a golf setting, you have to select it in whatever app you use on the watch. Hope this helps

It makes no odds on the price, for some crazy reason Google have disabled pay on watches outside the UK and the US. Even though we can use it on our phones no problem.

But there is a work around.

As for waiting, maybe 6 months before the new 3100 chip is at a good price. Also you should look into if a watch can be used to make/receive calls.

Some just give you notifications. I got the tic watch Pro and I'm happy with it, best to read a lot of reviews of any watch that might take your eye.
    Then ask if anyone here has one. And there opinion on it.

(nfc is not the problem, it's Google)
    Hope this helps.

NFC is not a problem, it's in most phones and a lot of watches, there is no restrictions or legality on using it in this country. The problem is with Google, for some reason they are only allowing pay to be used in the US and the UK on watches. You can dl pay enable from the store to use it here.

As to why Google don't let us use it, haven't a clue.
    I thought it was a mistake myself, but reading up it seems not.
    It's very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Just a question on Ticwatches, the website...Are the brands they sell such as Armani, 100% legit authentic watches?...I'm seeing one watch I really like that is about 70% cheaper than in Ireland...I've read here about their own brand, but haven't read of anyone buying a different brand from their store...Would it come in an original Armani type box?...Thanks in advance:)...

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭ra0044

...Just a question on Ticwatches, the website...Are the brands they sell such as Armani, 100% legit authentic watches?...I'm seeing one watch I really like that is about 70% cheaper than in Ireland...I've read here about their own brand, but haven't read of anyone buying a different brand from their store...Would it come in an original Armani type box?...Thanks in advance:)...

Which website are you looking at?

The officoal website for ticwatch is https://www.mobvoi.com/eu/pages/ticwatchpro

Nothing on it about Armani etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

ra0044 wrote: »

Which website are you looking at?

The officoal website for ticwatch is https://www.mobvoi.com/eu/pages/ticwatchpro

Nothing on it about Armani etc.

https://www.ticwatches.co.uk/armani-watches-ar1635-mens-silver-chronograph-watch-p26319

...This is the site I was looking at, I thought it was the official one...Is this one legit?...

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Looking for a new phone, sub-€300. Currently have the Vodafone Smart V8 and pretty happy with the way it runs (or ran, before I dropped it a million times). Looking at the Moto G6 or Huawei P lite, anyone have better suggestions? Is there any good mid-range phones being launched in the next couple of months that I should hold out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Planemo wrote: »
    Looking for a new phone, sub-€300. Currently have the Vodafone Smart V8 and pretty happy with the way it runs (or ran, before I dropped it a million times). Looking at the Moto G6 or Huawei P lite, anyone have better suggestions? Is there any good mid-range phones being launched in the next couple of months that I should hold out for?

Both are nice phones but a bit big on the wrist!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hey folks,

Torn between Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Smart Watch - Black | SM-R760NDAABT and the Samsung Galaxy Watch 1.3” Silver | SM-R800NZSABT in DID. Have a 250 euro voucher for them so am looking for advice :)

Advertisement