Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Android watch should i get

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

Hey folks,

Torn between Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Smart Watch - Black | SM-R760NDAABT and the Samsung Galaxy Watch 1.3” Silver | SM-R800NZSABT in DID. Have a 250 euro voucher for them so am looking for advice :)

Is this a good deal ?
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/samsung-gear-s3-sm-r760-frontier-bluetooth-smart-watch-black.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

How much of an inconvenience is the pay enabler app. Can you set it to hardware button so it is just press and then tap to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭micks_address

What would be best option to partner with Google pixel 3xl phone? Not a fan of Samsung.
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

How much of an inconvenience is the pay enabler app. Can you set it to hardware button so it is just press and then tap to pay?

You can set it to a hardware button, but it just opens the settings for pay. Then you press enable and then you can use pay.
    Saves a bit of messing about

• Registered Users Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What would be best option to partner with Google pixel 3xl phone? Not a fan of Samsung.
    Thanks,
    Mick

Lots of rumours of a Pixel watch but doesn't seem imminent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Lots of rumours of a Pixel watch but doesn't seem imminent

It was canned a few months back. Huawei is probably best bet for Wear OS.

Though after switching to Wear OS for a couple of weeks myself, I'd definitely be recommending Samsung and Tizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭micks_address

Patww79 wrote: »

Though after switching to Wear OS for a couple of weeks myself, I'd definitely be recommending Samsung and Tizen.

Anyone have a ticwatch?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Anyone have a ticwatch?

Ive got the ticwatch E. While its plastic, its light on my wrist, has a nice big screen and the battery lasts the day (does need a charge every night).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Patww79 wrote: »

Wait, I thought huawei had there own OS?

deco nate wrote: »
    Wait, I thought huawei had there own OS?

Only on that GT I think. The 2 has Wear OS.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Hey folks,

Torn between Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Smart Watch - Black | SM-R760NDAABT and the Samsung Galaxy Watch 1.3” Silver | SM-R800NZSABT in DID. Have a 250 euro voucher for them so am looking for advice :)

The Galaxy 1.3 silver is €20 cheaper in Harvey Norman af the moment, they're also doing the charger give away with the frontier.

Am leaning towards the 1.3" - €60 difference between buying from EU Global vs Harvey Norman (dunno if it's worth it if anything goes wrong with it).

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Got an upgrade for wear os on my Huawei watch 2. It's a nice improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

coach22 wrote: »
    Got an upgrade for wear os on my Huawei watch 2. It's a nice improvement

It sure is. The new notifications look pretty good and so.much easier to view them

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Thinking for buying either a Huawei watch 2 or a Samsung gear S3 frontier. Currently have a Fitbit ionic which has been faultless to be fair, but just getting a little bored with it.
    Any advice appreciated

Thinking for buying either a Huawei watch 2 or a Samsung gear S3 frontier. Currently have a Fitbit ionic which has been faultless to be fair, but just getting a little bored with it.
    Any advice appreciated

Any advice appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Is there much difference between the Galaxy Watch and the S3 Frontier?

Very little bit you'd imagine the Galaxy would get longer software support.

Is there much difference between the Galaxy Watch and the S3 Frontier?

At the moment there also €100 in the price difference

Ended up getting the Galaxy Watch yesterday. Just getting used to it today. Seems a very nice piece of kit

• Advertisement

Ended up getting the Galaxy Watch yesterday. Just getting used to it today. Seems a very nice piece of kit

How much did you pay for it and where did you purchase it?

Think I'm going to take the plunge this week, AKAIK the new galaxy watch supports Spotify where the frontier doesn't.

Think I'm going to take the plunge this week, AKAIK the new galaxy watch supports Spotify where the frontier doesn't.

The S3 Frontier does. There's a standalone app and you can download music to the watch for offline playback.

Paid 339 in DID and got a 20 euro voucher back from them to use in store.
    Not bad and so far it seems like a great piece of hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Linus of LTT wears one.

Kept giving him kudos for working out. While seated. For an hour.

giphy.gif

Wear OS > Tizen

Hypothetically if similarly priced. If you had a choice between the Huawei watch 2 and the Samsung galaxy watch 46 mm. What would you choose? How does Tizen compare to wear is? I'm not a Samsung fan but I've gear good things about the galaxy watch. I also like the Huawei watch 2, but I understand that the strap looks and feels cheap?

ED E wrote: »
    Linus of LTT wears one.

Kept giving him kudos for working out. While seated. For an hour.

giphy.gif

Wear OS > Tizen

Who?

And yeah, if you've time to wait for the lag then yes indeed it is. More apps.

Pissed reading back that Harvey Norman gave away a free Galaxy Watch the end of August if you preordered a note 9...

Bought my note 9 from them in early September.

The DID with free duo charger deal was good too, with no real specials on at the moment will wait to see of anything good comes up for black Friday/ cyber Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,468 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Loving the Google fit workout app. Detects the exercise you are doing and counts the reps. Very cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

1jcdub wrote: »
    Hypothetically if similarly priced. If you had a choice between the Huawei watch 2 and the Samsung galaxy watch 46 mm. What would you choose? How does Tizen compare to wear is? I'm not a Samsung fan but I've gear good things about the galaxy watch. I also like the Huawei watch 2, but I understand that the strap looks and feels cheap?

I have the Huawei watch 2 4g and like it. I bought it because of the price though. 150 euro. Its handy being able to put my sim card in the watch when I go mtb and I can leave my phone at home.

I don't mind the straps that come with it. I just got a metal straps for it on ebay and they do look nicer. cost me 10 euro

I have a Samsung phone though so would be tempted by the galaxy if money was no object and it is newer than the Huawei watch 2

Advertisement