Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Android watch should i get

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Bacchus wrote: »
    I keep coming back to the Amazfit Stratos too but the reviews on the screen quality are quite negative. It also looks a tad clunky.

I'd probably go for the Fossil Sport or Fossil Gen 4 but the battery seems to be just a day... which is fine except when I travel and then I need to bring ANOTHER charger with me to charge my watch. Either of those watches with 4-5 days (under normal usage, no GPS) would be ideal for me. It's very hard to find something that ticks all the boxes (for me anyway).

Yeah nothing really ticking the boxes for me that I can afford at least. 1 day battery don't think I could live with that. That's really poor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Bacchus wrote: »
    Rumours of a Pixel smartwatch sometime this year.

Heard that a few times. Didn't they just recently announce they have no plans to make their own smartwatch?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ush1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure Google are too bothered about Wear OS. Seem to be very slow with adding any features or updates. Apple Watch has such a dominant product in the wearable area that I wonder if Google are really trying to compete.

Odd.... because they release every few months. with last release in Feb

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wear_OS

Maybe its just your perception .But they have been pretty dedicated to Wear OS. Whilst Apple just gets dominance from marketing properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Ush1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure Google are too bothered about Wear OS. Seem to be very slow with adding any features or updates. Apple Watch has such a dominant product in the wearable area that I wonder if Google are really trying to compete.

That will only change if they introduce their own watch. It's rumoured again for this year but then again, when hasn't it been rumoured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Nice update today on my Amazefit Pace. GPS is much quicker to get signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Is there any android GPS watch that could be also be used in a sports vest for gaa / rugby?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

listermint wrote: »
    Google pay with tap is too handy, I'd hold out.

Couldn't go back to having no NFC on a device.

I got used to having it on the Apple Watch and really thought I'd miss having NFC on my wrist.

Got used to it fairly quickly, and now just have to reach into my pocket for the phone instead. Google Pay on the OP6t is lightning fast!

Starting to get me head turned by the steel HR in bargain alerts

Anyone have one? I know no NFC but I don't think I was going to get that anyway for my budget

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Best place to get replacement straps for the amaze fit bip? only a few months old but the straps gave way today.

• Advertisement

One UI has landed for the Gear S3 in Europe. You'll see a Gear S Plugin update when it is.

Fh5vEv1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭traco

Bumping this to see if there is anything new on the horizon on the watch front.

Busted my iPhone a few weeks back and switched to android, have a fit bit but didn't install on the new phone so just wear it for info.

Ideally config would be HR, NFC, decent battery, waterproof. (not a deal breaker). The ability to send a reply to whastapp is whats tempting me even if its only preset replies. Sub €200 and looks like a watch / chrono

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Hi guys, just setting up my ticwatch pro after receiving it from Amazon warehouse.
    Just wondering is there any way to enable Google pay on it?
    It's disabled on the watch and i downloaded the enabler app and that got me a bit further but when it's finished verifying with my bank it just tells me it's not available in my country.
    Is there any work around?
    Thanks

Hi guys, just setting up my ticwatch pro after receiving it from Amazon warehouse.
    Just wondering is there any way to enable Google pay on it?
    It's disabled on the watch and i downloaded the enabler app and that got me a bit further but when it's finished verifying with my bank it just tells me it's not available in my country.
    Thanks

Crazy that it still isn't officially supported in Ireland. Google can really be a mess of a company in some ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Thanks

I don't think there is - use revolut?

maximoose wrote: »
    I don't think there is - use revolut?

On my watch?
    I'm already using Google pay on my phone with my revolut and KBC.
    Is there a way to pay with revolut on my watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Oh sorry - is the issue just getting google pay to work altogether on the watch?

Scrap that then sorry

maximoose wrote: »
    Oh sorry - is the issue just getting google pay to work altogether on the watch?

Scrap that then sorry

Ya it's just getting it to work on the watch is the issue. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

My fitbit charge 2 has officially died and I am looking at nfc smart watch for payments

My understanding is that Google Pay is not available in Ireland on Wear OS

Garmin and Fitbit pay only work with revolut mastercard or smaller banks..revolut only issue visa on free

Samsung pay will never exist in Ireland.

Not very much options for android users...

• Advertisement

My fitbit charge 2 has officially died and I am looking at nfc smart watch for payments

Garmin and Fitbit pay only work with revolut mastercard or smaller banks..revolut only issue visa on free

I just bought a Fitbit Versa and Fitbit pay is working perfectly. That's with AIB.

(And I also got notifications working with a redmi note 5 so it can work for some unsupported devices)

Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Google Pay works, you just need to use the pay enabler app as it disables itself after 20 mins. I have pay enabler set to a hardware button on a Huawei watch 2

Google Pay works, you just need to use the pay enabler app as it disables itself after 20 mins. I have pay enabler set to a hardware button on a Huawei watch 2

I have pay enabler set as a hardware button on my ticwatch pro and this is what I get when I press it or any time I launch it manually, is there something else I should be doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I have pay enabler set as a hardware button on my ticwatch pro and this is what I get when I press it or any time I launch it manually, is there something else I should be doing?

Yep, same issue on my Summit 2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Here's a video, nice looking watch

I just love the tactile feel of the rotating bezel. I think I'd definitely miss that.

I'm a fan of bezels on watches but I do like the look of that watch, I've last year's Galaxy Watch and I never wear it so can't see myself getting this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭kala85

What's the hauwei gt watch like. Is it any good or would I be better off getting a different watch

• Advertisement

Xiaomi have released a teaser image for a smart watch being announced November 5th. Looks very similar to the Apple watch. Rumoured to have Wear OS.

Advertisement