Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Android watch should i get

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

JamboTyson wrote: »
    Is your Google account or bank cards setup in UK or something? Maybe that's why you're able to use Pay with no issues?

Good point. I'd say the UK sim card is why Pay works. Still not working for me.

Any one else with the Huawei Watch 2 having issues that is no longer syncing data to the Huawei Health app? Im not able to pair it to the app.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Is your Google account or bank cards setup in UK or something? Maybe that's why you're able to use Pay with no issues?

Na don't think it's that because I had the issues that everyone else is having up until a few days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭T-Bird

coach22 wrote: »
    Good point. I'd say the UK sim card is why Pay works. Still not working for me.

Any one else with the Huawei Watch 2 having issues that is no longer syncing data to the Huawei Health app? Im not able to pair it to the app.....

All ok here regarding the syncing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

My trusty Motorola 360 is starting to act up so I think it's time I start looking for a new one. Those that have bought the Ticwatch Pro, how are you finding it? Still at a good price on Amazon. Also considering waiting for the new Samsung but unsure of Tizen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Another update to google pay today and so far it's staying enabled. Also, much, much quicker opening.

Huawei Watch 2
    Also found out that if you double click the programmable button, google pay opens. Nice feature which gives you two applications with one button. My other app is the torch for getting around the babies room at night :)

Edit: disabled this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Decided to test my amazfit 2 in the water park in lanzarote today (Rancho Texas Park, so mix of water park and zoo. Has a pool with 2 good slides and a salt water pool) . Was very iffy about leaving it on. Hadn't left it on in the hotel pool for the few days I've been here.

Wore it for an hour or so in the salt water pool and for 2 or 3 hours going on the slides (ending up in a pool) and it's 100%. . Not a bother on it in the pool.

Overall, after owning it since the end of May I'm hugely impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lardzeppelin

Update on the huawei watch 2 (sport)...
    I've had no end of trouble with it unpairing from my alcatel A3xl, it behaves itself with with a huawei g7 (which I use abroad) and occasionally with a beaten old Sony e4... The number of times I've had to factory reset the damn thing have me driven to distraction, enough so I'm close to just selling it on and getting some cheap pos off ebay... Very disappointed with something that had received such high praise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Update on the huawei watch 2 (sport)...
    I've had no end of trouble with it unpairing from my alcatel A3xl, it behaves itself with with a huawei g7 (which I use abroad) and occasionally with a beaten old Sony e4... The number of times I've had to factory reset the damn thing have me driven to distraction, enough so I'm close to just selling it on and getting some cheap pos off ebay... Very disappointed with something that had received such high praise...

That says more about the Alcatel than the watch. I have no problems with one paired to a OnePlus 5 even when the phone is also connected to the Bluetooth in my car and van.

That says more about the Alcatel than the watch. I have no problems with one paired to a OnePlus 5 even when the phone is also connected to the Bluetooth in my car and van.

Same here, never a problem I pairing and keeping connection. Btw, Google pay stays on all the time in Italy. But I don't think it should as it's not listed as a working country....

Edit: It actually lasted most of the day before it was disabled again.

• Advertisement

So the Galaxy Watch isn't Android Wear after all. A good few websites had that as a cert for a while too.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What's the deal with the 4gb storage on all the watches? I've had a sony , a gear s2 , gear s , gear s3 and the amazfit 2. All 4gb, covering 5 years or so of watches.

It's not like memory is prohibitively expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What's the deal with the 4gb storage on all the watches? I've had a sony , a gear s2 , gear s , gear s3 and the amazfit 2. All 4gb, covering 5 years or so of watches.

It's not like memory is prohibitively expensive.

Physical space and power.

And very little need for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Patww79 wrote: »
    So the Galaxy Watch isn't Android Wear after all. A good few websites had that as a cert for a while too.

It looks stunning

SuprSi wrote: »
    It looks stunning

It does. Harvey Norman are giving it away free if you pre order a Note 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

SuprSi wrote: »
    It looks stunning

The midnight black is lovely.Any word on pricing?

Would be tempted if I could sell Gear Sport and not have to add a fortune on top.

Apparently the smaller one will be cheaper than the S3 was, with the larger being only 20 quid more. Giving it away free with a preorder - that's a great deal

Presumably the smaller one will be the one given away. Is there much missing from it?

Significantly smaller battery (472 v 270mAh), although there are more colour and strap options (at least initially) with the smaller version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

I'm thinking of buying the Samsung gear S3. Would anyone know if it is compatible with the xiaomi redmi note 4? Thanks.

GatsbyGal wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying the Samsung gear S3. Would anyone know if it is compatible with the xiaomi redmi note 4? Thanks.

Compatible with anything not on Android Pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JamboTyson

Google Pay seems to stay enabled for me now on the TicWatch Pro for a full day (until I power off or reboot). No new updates applied which is weird, not that I'm complaining!

Google Pay seems to stay enabled for me now on the TicWatch Pro for a full day (until I power off or reboot). No new updates applied which is weird, not that I'm complaining!

Same here too. Did get message that phone needs to connect to watch to apply update. But that could be anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Hi all,

Ordered x2 MiBand 2 last year for the OH and myself and they've been great so far - a couple of her colleagues want me to order a few for them.

What's the best site to get them these days (cheapest) I assume there is some price drop with the MiBand 3 out now? If my memory serves me correctly, I picked ours up for around 17/18 euro delivered with a voucher code on Gearbest, if I got in and around that price again I'd be happy.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

rizzee wrote: »
    Hi all,

Ordered x2 MiBand 2 last year for the OH and myself and they've been great so far - a couple of her colleagues want me to order a few for them.

What's the best site to get them these days (cheapest) I assume there is some price drop with the MiBand 3 out now? If my memory serves me correctly, I picked ours up for around 17/18 euro delivered with a voucher code on Gearbest, if I got in and around that price again I'd be happy.

Thanks

I got the miband 3 last week for €38 on gearbest

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭ra0044

I got the miband 3 last week for €38 on gearbest

Hi.

How do you find the mi band 3?

Was thinking of for for my daughter. Either that or the Huawei band 2 pro because it has GPS aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dunne_bkill

Is there an NFC version of the MI Band 3 available? I assume your phone must be NFC capable for this to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

rizzee wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks

24.99 on EGlobal.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi-band-2-black.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Think i'm just going to get x3 MiBand 2's @ 17 euro each with free Expidited 3-7 day shipping from Gearbest.

Advertisement