Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Android watch should i get

Options

Comments

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Apparently DID have "No confirmation on due date from Samsung as pre orders have stopped due to the huge amount"

It was supposed to be September 9th when I ordered.

The last email that I got from DID was yesterday, and it still said September 7th for delivery

I ordered on the 18th of August. Not sure if that has any impact

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Considering pre-ordering the Galaxy Watch, how is Tizen compared to Android Wear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Lots of blog posts today about updates coming for Wear OS to be released soon to coincide with the new watch announcement by Apple
    https://mashable.com/2018/08/29/google-wear-os-redesign-smartwatches/?europe=true#vtYZOZC3dZqw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Lots of blog posts today about updates coming for Wear OS to be released soon to coincide with the new watch announcement by Apple
    https://mashable.com/2018/08/29/google-wear-os-redesign-smartwatches/?europe=true#vtYZOZC3dZqw

I'd say it's more to go with the announcement of their own watches shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,916 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Will the wireless charger be delivered with the Galaxy watch from DID or will it have to be applied for online and therefore have to wait months for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Quazzie wrote: »
    Will the wireless charger be delivered with the Galaxy watch from DID or will it have to be applied for online and therefore have to wait months for?

I asked a DID employee the same question after ordering the watch, and he said they will come in the same box.

My watch arrived today. Not sure why. I only ordered yesterday

My watch arrived today. Not sure why. I only ordered yesterday

Where did you order it from?
    I'd only love to get a notification saying mine was ready to be collected - Not holding out any hope though

Where did you order it from?
    I'd only love to get a notification saying mine was ready to be collected - Not holding out any hope though

Ordered on pre-order on DID. Not sure why it was delivered. Obviously some sort of error on their behalf.

Ordered on pre-order on DID. Not sure why it was delivered. Obviously some sort of error on their behalf.

Happy days. I ordered mine to be collected from the store, so little chance of me getting an email confirming that it's ready for collection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Wow nice one! Let us know your inital thoughts after a day or two :D

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Wow nice one! Let us know your inital thoughts after a day or two :D

In work and can't wait to get home to try it. :o

Also there was a bit of temptation to see how much I could get for it on E-Bay/Adverts etc but I've decided to keep it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Looking for a half decent watch for running primarily. Without breaking the bank.

Would really like offline music, preferably Spotify if I can.

Samsung gear sport? Any other not too expensive options?

Ok. So my two day review of the Galaxy Watch.

Bare in mind, i have never had a smartwatch before so I'm coming into this mostly blind.
    First impressions of the watch are very good. It feels solid to touch, and I have great confidence wearing it. i was very worried about wearing it and how easy it might be to break. I couldn't imagine wearing my phone strapped to my arm for example, as it would surely break. I have a Huawei P20 pro, so it's not a Galaxy watch and connecting and syncing up with the watch was pretty quick and easy. Everything is controlled via the "Galaxy wearables" app for non-Samsung owners. There's a pretty large choice of faces in there. I'm assuming this is because it shares it's size with the S3 (?). The straps are rubber and I think this kind of conflicts with the silver of the watch body. Definitely looks to be less premium than the rest of the watch. I think I'll purchasing some steel straps from Amazon fairly quickly. Just need to confirm if the S3 straps will work.

Using the watch itself. Well all i can say is WOW. i love it. The ability to make and receive calls is something I really love. The speaker isn't too loud, but when testing it out at home i could everything clearly and my wife (who i test called) said she couldn't tell i was on the watch and it sounded just like a normal phone call. So that's good. Sending texts from it and the text inputting isn't as awkward as I thought it would be. The on screen keyboard is tiny, but I've got sausage fingers and i can work it ok. It's a T9 keyboard so it takes a little getting used to but after a few minutes I was flying at it. i downloaded HERE maps and used them for a small bit when out walking. Easy to use and worked really well. Still haven't downloaded any maps to use the standalone feature yet, but will probably do that next weekend. Connecting the navigation app to the phone takes about 3 seconds, but i think that's pretty quick.

Battery life. I'd be amazed if anyone gets 7 days from their watch. or if they are it'd only be with no notifications/GPS etc. I have everything activated. GPS on. Watch screen always on, etc. I charged the watch Friday night and last night at 23.. it was down to 38%, so I put it back on charge rather than risk it going dead today. That's including a good bit of use tho and with a lot of stuff turned on that i could turn off. I reckon 4 days is achievable if I wanted to, or when the novelty wears off. If I can tailor my usage to make it last 3 days without worry I'll be happy enough with that.

I rang DID friday night and enquired about the free wireless charger and was told they can't ship until the 6th, but they were shipping phones early because they got a delivery. Not sure why mine was shipped since I'm so far down the line surely, but maybe a few others will get theirs today.

Anyways. Like I said I'm a first time smart watch owner so I'm probably mentioning stuff here that isn't really new for anyone upgrading but if anyone has any specific questions I'll try answer them

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Bit the bullet and just bought the Ticwatch Pro. Looks to be a complete smart watch...NFC, GPS, heart rate sensor, 2-3 battery with 30 days on essential mode.
    Was going to wait until the Skagen Falster 2 comes out, but was feeling impulsive. That's a watch worth checking out. Very classy, minimalist design with all the main features you'd expect. Price is about €250 also.

I got a 10% off code from a simple Google search so total price €225 w/ free shipping from Mobvoi.

Mine's coming from Poland via DHL.
    Any previous buyers know how long it takes to arrive? Would love to get it on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I bought an LG Urbane 2 in March. Got some water on the strap and while I was drying it, it came away in my hand. I've been searching for a replacement strap but not even LG support the watch. So frustrating, but lesson learned I guess. The antenna is housed in the strap and I'd heard finding replacements was tricky. That was an understatement.

I'm looking at getting a Fossil Q, can anyone recommend which model is worth getting? I dont really need the watch for fitness.

I was going to give my G Watch R another go to see what Wear OS is like now but I found it and not the charger.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I ordered the Galaxy Watch yesterday, but it won't be available till late September. Hopefully it arrives sooner, as my current watch is broken and i hate not wearing one.

My order has been updated on the DID website from "Holded" to "Processing"
    I really hope it's ready for collection tomorrow. I'm dying for a new gadget to play with

• Advertisement

Anyone go from a Gear S3 to a Galaxy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

My order has been updated on the DID website from "Holded" to "Processing"
    I really hope it's ready for collection tomorrow. I'm dying for a new gadget to play with
    Only ordered mine yesterday and it's showing as processing also with the below message;
    Your order is currently being processed we had to special order this in for you. This model tis due into us late September When your order is ready for delivery you will receive an email confirming delivery details. Thanks again for choosing DID Electrical.

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Only ordered mine yesterday and it's showing as processing also with the below message;

Mine is showing the below message. I ordered mine in mid-August though
    DID wrote:
    Hi, just in relation to your order the Samsung Galaxy Watch 1.3” Silver | SM-R800NZSABT that you ordered is due into us on the 7th of September.We will keep you updated when stock arrives into our warehouse and with collection details. Kind Regards DID Electrical

I love the look of that new Skagen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,468 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

blow69 wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and just bought the Ticwatch Pro. Looks to be a complete smart watch...NFC, GPS, heart rate sensor, 2-3 battery with 30 days on essential mode.
    Was going to wait until the Skagen Falster 2 comes out, but was feeling impulsive. That's a watch worth checking out. Very classy, minimalist design with all the main features you'd expect. Price is about €250 also.

I got a 10% off code from a simple Google search so total price €225 w/ free shipping from Mobvoi.

Any previous buyers know how long it takes to arrive? Would love to get it on Friday.

I got the Ticwatch e and very happy with it. Got it through geekbuying for 135 euro delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭ra0044

blow69 wrote: »

Good luck with it.
    I have had my Ticwatch watch Pro for over a month now.

Really great watch. The dual screen really sets it apart in my opinion and puts it above a lot of the more expensive competition. Improves battery life for myself to up to 4 days with reasonable use. The only 5hing I would improve is if it could be completely waterproof for swimming instead of just showers.

For anyone buying from DID and are unsure which wireless charger is the free one then this is it, as mine arrived this morning.

LINK

It's a nice looking charger, and it charges a Samsung S7 with the cover still on it, which is better than my existing one, and it'll work nicely for that. In terms of the watch, I found that the watch has to be pretty much lined up with it's pad, which is a bit annoying as i was hoping for one that I could just throw my watch down in any haphazard way and it'd charge.

Can't complain tho considering it was free.

For anyone buying from DID and are unsure which wireless charger is the free one then this is it, as mine arrived this morning.

LINK

It's a nice looking charger, and it charges a Samsung S7 with the cover still on it, which is better than my existing one, and it'll work nicely for that. In terms of the watch, I found that the watch has to be pretty much lined up with it's pad, which is a bit annoying as i was hoping for one that I could just throw my watch down in any haphazard way and it'd charge.

Can't complain tho considering it was free.

Was the watch delivered to your postal address? I ordered mine to be delivered to the store. I might ring the store, and see if it's ready for collection. Would love to pick it up now

Was the watch delivered to your postal address? I ordered mine to be delivered to the store. I might ring the store, and see if it's ready for collection. Would love to pick it up now

Yea, delivered to my postal address by DPD last Friday. The wireless charger was only delivered today tho.

• Advertisement

Yea, delivered to my postal address by DPD last Friday. The wireless charger was only delivered today tho.

Sorry, should have checked. I noticed afterwards that you had your watch delivered already.

I just called my local branch of DID to see if mine was ready for collection. It doesn't have them in stock as of yet

Advertisement