Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord scamming do I've any options

Options
  • 11-04-2018 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I just moved house after a year lease. House left immaculate. Moving in the boiler room door had broken window frame and a broken slide thrown in the back garden with grass trimmings. They acknowledged that the window happened before I moved in. Now are taking it out of my deposit and won't let me remove slide. (even though it was there from previous tenant) the side door key never had a key to open and they said they'd get a new lock which they never did I got onto them 10 times and now they want me to pay for it. Do I have any ground to stand on or can they just do what they want? Thanks in advance for any help
    Tony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lodge a complaint with the RTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved to Accommodation & Property

• Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The slide thing is weird. It's not yours, it's broken, so why are you taking it and why do they want it?

Advertisement