Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I move schools?

Options
  • 11-04-2018 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Okay, so I'm unable to do chemistry since nobody in my year picked it. Biology and Economics clash so I can only do one of those.

I basically have to change all my subjects now

Should I move schools? Chemistry is a requirement for medicine based courses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

You could do Chemistry outside of school?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭naxmax9

alroley wrote: »
    You could do Chemistry outside of school?

I'm already doing that (in TY and decided to study) but I'm finding the subject to be difficult and confusing without a teacher

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sheepintheback

naxmax9 wrote: »
    I'm already doing that (in TY and decided to study) but I'm finding the subject to be difficult and confusing without a teacher

Is there any outside of school Chemistry course that you can sign up to? It would be easier than trying to teach yourself, or maybe the schools chemistry teacher may provide you with some contacts?

Im in LC atm and tbh, Chemistry, when you do exam paper questions you see that it isnt that difficult considering most questions are repition from past years and are very structured in the marking scheme. Also questions on certain topics are very predictable.

You will defo need a teacher outside of school to help you through though!
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

naxmax9 wrote: »

Talk to the schools Chemistry teacher about doing an hour or two a week, the LC is stressful enough without going to a new school for it imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭ignorance is strength

There seems to be a massive national misconception that chemistry is a requirement for medicine. But that is only true for UCC and the five-year course at RCSI. Trinity and the five-year course at NUIG require two sciences, but all other courses require only one science.

Undergrad Medicine Selection Criteria.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

How about switching to Phys/Chem if you are studying it yourself?

Advertisement