Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Connors is a bit of a wanker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Went back through a week's worth of tweets and retweets. Found absolutely nothing to indicate he's a ball bag. Why all the hate??

He deleted all the tripe.....

Why all the hate?

You're having a laugh.....

He is a racist, against us settled folk or much worse they call us etc etc ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

He deleted all the tripe.....

Why all the hate?

You're having a laugh.....

He is a racist, against us settled folk or much worse they call us etc etc ...

Can you give an example? I have yet to see anything to indicate he is a racist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

How about calling Garda scum in the late late?

Our people who uphold the rule of law against a certain group of bandits terrorizing old people up and down the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭Homelander

Jesus, he's only 29? Meaning he was what, 23 in Love/Hate? He looked about 40.

lola85 wrote: »
    How about calling Garda scum in the late late?

Our people who uphold the rule of law against a certain group of bandits terrorizing old people up and down the country.

Any clip of this?

Where have you been, go look back through the thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I reckon he is still a virgin, very coy about his supppsed past flames.

So what if he might be?

Travellers have a tradition of waiting, it's one of the few traditions I don't have a problem with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Went back through a week's worth of tweets and retweets. Found absolutely nothing to indicate he's a ball bag. Why all the hate??

There are hundreds of posts in this thread that’ll answer your question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

As I said last week, he deleted most of his tweets when Antifa went after him a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Caught the last 10 minutes of it last night when the were outside burning the rubbish in a barrel.Are travellers exempt from burning rubbish outside now or is this another one of these laws that only applies to settled people.

mgn wrote: »
    Caught the last 10 minutes of it last night when the were outside burning the rubbish in a barrel.Are travellers exempt from burning rubbish outside now or is this another one of these laws that only applies to settled people.

Don't be silly, a real traveller doesn't use a drum they at least use a house or a field.....

Look at the estate in Galway.... They put up a drone only to see I believe 2 houses out of 8 or 9 still habitable as horses and rubbish were in the rest.

They were using lovely public landscape behind the boundary wall to illegally burn cable sheathing.....

There was even a fella thankfully wearing a high Viz just in cast safe pass made a call.....

Oh no how thick am I that wouldn't happy either would any inspection as they can do whatever the duck they like....

Sickening

Can someone give me a tldr version of his alleged transgressions without having to sift through 900 posts?

Wood and three domino's boxes. Hardly up there with the top 10 global polluters....

Can someone give me a tldr version of his alleged transgressions without having to sift through 900 posts?

Troll

Troll

On the contrary. I just want to know what the hate is for, is it justified etc

• Advertisement

On the contrary. I just want to know what the hate is for, is it justified etc

Of course it is....

As I asked where have you been??? Under a big rock?

This guy has gone against settled folk gardai etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Can't remember if I posted already in this thread but anyway... I met him once down in Waterford and we had a nice conversation about his work. He was kind, thoughtful and polite to me. Seemed genuinely decent. More so than some settled people I've met.

As for his politics or views on his culture I have no idea except he's outspoken for travellers rights. What has he done or said to justify the abuse?

Of course it is....

As I asked where have you been??? Under a big rock?

This guy has gone against settled folk gardai etc.

Evidently I must do too then as I asked the same question :pac:

Very little TV viewing (don't own one) and no newspapers in my house, by choice.

Can you kindly post some evidence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Posted this on second page of the whole thread and again only three days ago. You must not have looked very well at all.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    He excused people smashing up Lidl because ''these corporations are robbing us all blind''. The same Lidl that allows working class people to actually shop at decent prices and affords them employment opportunities. A clown of the highest order.

DXUOfr1WkAARg6K.jpg

Greentopia wrote: »

Very little TV viewing (don't own one) and no newspapers in my house, by choice.

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/john-connors-described-gardai-scum-late-late-show-640699

Calling Gardai scum seems to be okay in his world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Asking for evidence to be posted?
    Why not read the thread?

Why do you and OMT expect to be spoon fed? Rather than doing your own research?

There is ample evidence on the thread to allow a formulation of an opinion regarding the man's character one way or the other.
    Asking people to spoon feed ye, rather than actually reading the thread is pretty lazy and disrespectful of the entirety of this thread IMO.

ACAB

Well I don't know about all actually, but many treated water protesters appallingly, that I do remember and saw with my own eyes.

His point was not wrong either. Gardai lending back up support to ex-Loyalist paramilitaries in strong-arming people from their homes? fcuk that.

banie01 wrote: »
    Asking for evidence to be posted?
    Why not read the thread?

Why do you and OMT expect to be spoon fed? Rather than doing your own research?

There is ample evidence on the thread to allow a formulation of an opinion regarding the man's character one way or the other.
    Asking people to spoon feed ye, rather than actually reading the thread is pretty lazy and disrespectful of the entirety of this thread IMO.

Because it's 65 pages and I don't have the time or inclination to wade through it all. If you or the person I asked doesn't wish to provide any evidence then...fine. I'm not looking for anyone to spoon feed me, was merely a friendly request. Chill out.

ACAB

Well I don't know about all actually, but many treated water protesters appallingly, that I do remember and saw with my own eyes.

His point was not wrong either. Gardai lending back up support to ex-Loyalist paramilitaries in strong-arming people from their homes? fcuk that.

Did you also see with your own eyes how these lovely water protesters tried to threaten and intimidate the workers that were installing the water meters.

Did you also see with your own eyes how these lovely water protesters tried to threaten and intimidate the workers that were installing the water meters.

Traitors.

Because it's 65 pages and I don't have the time or inclination to wade through it all. If you or the person I asked doesn't wish to provide any evidence then...fine. I'm not looking for anyone to spoon feed me, was merely a friendly request. Chill out.

Then how have you time now but yet not inform yourself like any educated person!!!

If you want to question something I would suggest getting informed 1st and have a little idea of what you are axin....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

So reading a thread to actually compare the evidential weight presented for both sides, is beyond your ken or interest?
    But you will ask for evidence to be repeated rather than reading the thread?

The evidence has been presented, both yay and nay.
    Read it, both sides and form an opinion.
    Ignoring the entire thread and requesting evidence, despite teams of it being available...
    Is looking to be spoon fed, how else would you reasonably describe it?

But as for the 65pages, it depends on your view settings.
    There also doesn't seem to be a whole lot of of dissent from the threads title in those pages either whatever view one uses or however many pages you are viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

He wasn't referring to all Gardai, just the masked ones who assisted the ex Loyalist paramilitaries in evicting peaceful protesters from a house owned by a slum landlord.

No. Did you? in person I mean, not on the state sponsored news or other government mouth piece.

And I never threatened or intimidated anyone, neither did any of my friends or their elderly parents who walked beside me on marches.

Installers knew what they were getting themselves into in accepting that work. I call that being a class traitor as most of them were happy to do the dirty work of IW and install water metres in their own working class communities knowing there was widespread opposition to it and that many wouldn't be able to afford water charges.

Then how have you time now but yet not inform yourself like any educated person!!!

If you want to question something I would suggest getting informed 1st and have a little idea of what you are axin....

I don't have time now either. Merely to go quickly through posts of interest in between doing some work at home.

Like I said it was a friendly request. I met the chap and he seemed decent so wondered what it was exactly that set some people off here.

It's fine, I won't enquire any further here.

• Advertisement

He wasn't referring to all Gardai, just the masked ones who assisted the ex Loyalist paramilitaries in evicting peaceful protesters from a house owned by a slum landlord.

I wouldn't want my face seen either....

Gardai do have a right to live a fair life as do their families....

Obviously corruption I have no time for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Yamanoto wrote: »
    You've the hots for him too?

"The hots"? Haha - how old are you? 50 plus, with a turn of phrase like that:pac: Sad that an old fella like you is still churning out bile online. Keep it up!

I wouldn't want my face seen either....

Yes, I can understand why the scum wouldn't want their faces seen while assisting a bunch of ex-loyalist paramilitaries in the violent ejection of peaceful protesters from a building owned by a slum landlord.

banie01 wrote: »
    So reading a thread to actually compare the evidential weight presented for both sides, is beyond your ken or interest?
    But you will ask for evidence to be repeated rather than reading the thread?

I'm not interested enough to wade through 65 pages of mostly anti-traveller sentiment quite frankly, which is always what these threads turn into.

And I didn't ask you so perhaps ignore my request if you're uninterested in providing what I requested? requested being the operable word, not demanded.
    cheerio.

Yes, I can understand why the scum wouldn't want their faces seen while assisting a bunch of ex-loyalist paramilitaries in the violent ejection of peaceful protesters from a building owned by a slum landlord.

You took me up wrong there... If the cops are genuine I've no issues but I've come across those that aren't.

No. Did you? in person I mean, not on the state sponsored news or other government mouth piece.

And I never threatened or intimidated anyone, neither did any of my friends or their elderly parents who walked beside me on marches.

Installers knew what they were getting themselves into in accepting that work. I call that being a class traitor as most of them were happy to do the dirty work of IW and install water metres in their own working class communities knowing there was widespread opposition to it and that many wouldn't be able to afford water charges.

You may call the installers traitors,but i call them people who get up in the morning and go to work unlike a lot of the protesters who never done a days work in their lives.

I'm not interested enough to wade through 65 pages of mostly anti-traveller sentiment quite frankly, which is always what these threads turn into.

And I didn't ask you so perhaps ignore my request if you're uninterested in providing what I requested? requested being the operable word, not demanded.
    cheerio.

Well then you have no argument because you actually have no idea what you are actually on about....

Come back when you have some more time....

The protesters should not have be in the house in the first place,it had nothing to do with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Mad how this became a support line for loyalist paramilitaries

• Advertisement

The protesters should not have be in the house in the first place,it had nothing to do with them.

So nobody should ever protest then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Can also protest without trespassing or while breaking and entering/destruction of property.

Or are you saying its ok to commit crimes while "protesting"?

Do you honestly think the were bothered about the house,a few clowns trying to get attention for themselves.The soon lost interest in their cause,must be all gone on their holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

"The hots"? Haha - how old are you? 50 plus, with a turn of phrase like that:pac: Sad that an old fella like you is still churning out bile online. Keep it up!

You now appear to have the hots for me.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Can also protest without trespassing or while breaking and entering/destruction of property.

Or are you saying its ok to commit crimes while "protesting"?

I'm saying it's morally ok for protesters to occupy a building owned by a slum landlord during a housing crisis. You seem to be saying that protesting is fine as long as no disruption is caused to a slum landlord.

It's bizarre where some people's sympathies lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

This asshole was on the LLS and described all Garda as scum, my son is a member of the force and I take exception to a wanker like O Connor calling him scum.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

ACAB

did you really or did you see them being used a political football by unscrupulous politicians and low brow unintelligent often violent retards who resisted a charge that exists in almost every country in Europe ?

And did you see gardai as officers of the court enforcing lawful court orders I the face of naked aggression ?

ACAB my hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

The ACAB crowd are the biggest shower of hypocrites going

Who do they call if they have been attacked or if their house was broken into?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

gwalk wrote: »
    The ACAB crowd are the biggest shower of hypocrites going

Who do they call if they have been attacked or if their house was broken into?

Most of the ‘all cops are bastards crew’ are ineffectual men with neuroticism and personal safety alarms. Listened to too much rage against the machine growing up I’d say. Probably have issues with authority figures.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Ralph Ciffereto

He obviously watered it down.... Go look at Twitter and you see the real John....

The guberment killed all those on the halting site near the golden ball.

They left out they were off their heads on drink/drugs and had filled the site themselves with all sorts oh and leaving a chip pan on and going asleep didn't help either.

Indeed, he seemed to be pushing a conspiracy theory on it.

What ever became of the families claiming council electricians had completed works on the site the day before? Was this a compo attempt or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

This asshole was on the LLS and described all Garda as scum, my son is a member of the force and I take exception to a wanker like O Connor calling him scum.
    Agreed a million %.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement