Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile home in Donegal

• 11-04-2018 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone, this is my first post so I hope it's in the right place 😀

Myself and the hubby are looking in to buying a second hand mobile in a park for us to use with our two small children (1&3 years) at weekends and during the summer. We are hoping the budget will stretch to a 3 bed so that others can stay with us too. We are new to the mobile home experience so I'm am looking for any tips and advice for buying a second hand mobile e.g. Things to look for, life span of mobiles, etc.
    Thanks a mil ðŸ‘

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Very little (no) appreciation in the initial capital outlay.

Can only be used withing certain months.

Sharing with others on a campsite scenario.

Fees, etc.

I would just rent a house for the duration, all the problems are with the owners.

I think such mobile homes pass through the family. Think long and hard, not putting you off, but do your research as to costs all year long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I would recommend a season or two with a caravan on a campsite to see if it's for you, a lot less outlay and commitment. I can only speak for the one caravan park that I've experience with, you have to buy the mobile home from them (at an inflated price) and when you decide to sell, you have to sell it back to the caravan park, at (yes you guessed correctly) a less than fair price. You can't sell it on to say, a family member, so it is never really an asset. They also decide when the mobile home needs to be upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DonegalDiva99

Thanks for your replies. We have looked at the costs and think that the mobile would benefit us much more than renting a holiday home for a couple.of weeks during the summer. Also, we don't think a caravan is for us. Does anyone have any advice about what to look for when looking at mobiles, or particular brands that last longer? Thanks

Advertisement