Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mick Byrne 200

Options
  • 11-04-2018 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭

https://sirius.eventmaster.ie/event/qEPTP7SQq
    You know how sometimes you do something impulsive and instantly feel impending terror? Signed up today, I'm far worse off than last year and I was lucky to survive then. Ah well.....
    Anyone else going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

I did this last year and it was my favorite day ever on the bike.

Unfortunately I can't make it this year but I hope to do it many times again in the future. Great event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Found the routes! :-)

Tempted to sign for 160k

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Can you share the routes, just getting a link to bikemap app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Daroxtar wrote: »
    https://sirius.eventmaster.ie/event/qEPTP7SQq
    You know how sometimes you do something impulsive and instantly feel impending terror? Signed up today, I'm far worse off than last year and I was lucky to survive then. Ah well.....
    Anyone else going?

No bother to ye! ;)

I'm in....but for the 160k, not the 200 :o

Looks like a new start venue, but seems to be only about 25-30 parking spots unless they use the field beside the jolly-hockeysticks pitch...hopefully they will let us use it anyways, very tight for parking spaces round them parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

This nearly killed me last year. So I signed up again. Hopefully won't get lost in Dalkey, twice, again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Must also remember to start the Garmin at the start of the 200km ride, not 400 yards down the road like last year. My previously undetected OCD was triggered
    https://www.strava.com/activities/1010319704

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

andy69 wrote: »
    No bother to ye! ;)

I'm in....but for the 160k, not the 200 :o
    Ah come on Andy, there's no difference between the 160 and the 200, bar having to put up with us for another hour or two 😂

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Ah come on Andy, there's no difference between the 160 and the 200, bar having to put up with us for another hour or two ��

...plus a thousand meters or so too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Worked up from the 100 to the 200 over a few years and enjoyed every one of them. I think the 160 is probably the best sportif out there but it hasn't stopped me doing the 200 for the last few years. The joy, relief and welcome you get from Paul when you make it back to Dalkey is priceless.

Unfortunately D, I am going to miss it this year as it clashes with a walking holiday I booked a while back. We're all far worse off fitness wise than last year thanks to that horrible winter but it will still be no bother to you. Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Signed up for the 200, 5th time in a row... what can I say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

8th time for me! Doozerie will be there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

...but seems to be only about 25-30 parking spots unless they use the field beside the jolly-hockeysticks pitch...hopefully they will let us use it anyways, very tight for parking spaces round them parts.
    Cycle there and back and you won't have to worry about parking. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I'm signed up for the 200...what have I done!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Alek wrote: »
    Signed up for the 200, 5th time in a row... what can I say :D

Rode this in 14 with two Cork men and met two Polish loo laas on the road and spent the day kicking the sh1te out of each other.

The second Cork man wasn't long riding at time but has got on A2 podium at Ras Mumhan this year; I've just gotten slower and the other man just goes for walks now :)

Lovely route if difficult. Entry in whether I'll get up when alarm goes off at 4.45 is another matter

Rode this in 14 with two Cork men and met two Polish loo laas on the road and spent the day kicking the sh1te out of each other.

I remember that! One of the Polish loolas gotten slower too, but kinda more stubborn ;) The other is a bloody machine on wheels now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Did the 200 the last four years but won't be around for this one unfortunately.. one of my favourites.

Cycle there and back and you won't have to worry about parking. ;)

Hehe! Would be some trip! 180km round trip from home, and the 160k event!
    Mind you, I think one guy last year had added in a huge spin on top of the event.... maybe one day, but not for now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Reckon I'm in for this. 2,800km and 17,000m elevation so far in the year. I think that's enough in the legs not to keel over somewhere in the hills for this

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

anyone got links to the gps route files (the 200Km)
    the ones on the Sorrento MB site don't seem to work
    if the route is the same as 2 yrs ago i think i have that but if its changed ..?

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I think I downloaded this from the site when I registered...

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/27249000

Edit - Actually I don't think that's 100% right having scrolled in on the start - a bit zigzaggy!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

long term forecast looks good, reckon i'm on for a slowly paced 200

+1 on the new route request for the gps if anyone has it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

That route starts from Cuala GAA. The new HQ is at Loreto School. I haven't seen a new route.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭estariol

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

Hehe! Would be some trip! 180km round trip from home, and the 160k event!
    Mind you, I think one guy last year had added in a huge spin on top of the event.... maybe one day, but not for now :-)
    Could have been me, I went Tallaght, Mount Seskin Road,Sallys Gap, Glencree, Enniskerry into Dalkey done the MB200 then cycled home.

Turned the 200km into 295km.

The MB is a good way to start the summer

Euro Fred wrote: »
    Could have been me, I went Tallaght, Mount Seskin Road,Sallys Gap, Glencree, Enniskerry into Dalkey done the MB200 then cycled home.

Turned the 200km into 295km.

The MB is a good way to start the summer

wow! :eek:
    yeah that route sounds familiar alright, someone had been chatting to you and they were telling me of your spin - incredible stuff!!

I have to give it a miss this year, sadly :/

Can't remember where the 1st control point is. I know it's on a layby near a bridge/river. Any ideas where and at what distance?

(2nd is Mucklagh Bridge and 3rd Laragh).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Do i need to print a control card out for this and if so is it available anywhere online?

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    Do i need to print a control card out for this and if so is it available anywhere online?
    Supplied at the start.

Advertisement