Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough red skin on forehead

Options
  • 11-04-2018 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,182 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Any product tips for dry scaly red skin on my forehead?
    I have quite sensitive skin in general too.

To thine own self be true

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

What other products do you use on your face? Has this happened all of a sudden or is it a more chronic thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,182 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It's been years but starting to bug me now.
    I'm not big into beauty products so I just use a cleanser and a moisturiser. Nivea.
    Infrequent make up.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

It sounds like you need something soothing - if your skin is dry in general, I find First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream really good. I've even got my boyfriend using it (his skin is very dry and flaky without it). Depending on budget/ease of purchase (you can only get that online) Avene do a similar cream that you could get in most chemists, I think it's called Skin Recovery cream which would do the job as well. I'd say other than that, make sure you're regularly cleansing, drinking loads of water etc.

Your cleanser might be too harsh

Thank you both.
    I will try that Avene this week.
    I am guilty of not enough water alright.
    X

• Advertisement

It sounds like you need something soothing - if your skin is dry in general, I find First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream really good. I've even got my boyfriend using it (his skin is very dry and flaky without it). Depending on budget/ease of purchase (you can only get that online) Avene do a similar cream that you could get in most chemists, I think it's called Skin Recovery cream which would do the job as well. I'd say other than that, make sure you're regularly cleansing, drinking loads of water etc.
    I got the Avene cream today.
    I'll let you know how it goes.
    Thanks for the tip.
    Drinking more water too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Had a similar problem and found the Eucerin skin repair, 4% Urea cream brilliant, had a few papery dry bits of skin that nothing else worked for but a couple days of applying this worked wonders. Not awfully expensive either, about a tenner in boots.

Advertisement