Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pending charges - Visa Debit

Options
  • 11-04-2018 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all,

Expedia processed unauthorized charge on my Visa Debit card and this transaction is now pending on my account...( circa 800 euro). I am not sure if it is a pre authorisation or a charge. Have you had any experience with this and did you get a refund?

Julia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Julia, this is a public forum I suggest you edit your post and take off your mobile phone number ASAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

kiferea wrote: »
    Hi all,

Expedia processed unauthorized charge on my Visa Debit card and this transaction is now pending on my account...( circa 800 euro). I am not sure if it is a pre authorisation or a charge. Have you had any experience with this and did you get a refund?

Julia
    Hi Julia,

Thanks for posting here on Boards.
    This transaction on your account may be a pre-authorisation, as some companies do present for the full amount and it can appear as a debit pending for 3-5 business days. If they do not present fully for this, it should disappear and reflect back on your balance after a maximum of 5 business days.

If the transaction does process fully and moves to completed transactions, you will need to contact the company and request a refund.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

Advertisement