Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the LC.

Options
  • 12-04-2018 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am currently considering repeating the LC after long thought and consideration, due to personal problems associated with my mental health I have performed badly this year and will fail my leaving cert. However, I am unsure if it would be more wise to do a PLC or just to repeat, I wish to go to college but don't want to wait long. I am aware that if I did repeat sixth year (which I will) I would have to re-do my geography project, learn new poets, learn new novels, plays etc, as I can say with 100% guarantee I will not be passing any subjects, regardless of higher/ordinary. To me, this is not ideal, I am hoping to be of better mentality now that I am seeing professional help, again, however, in regards to PLC's I am not fully educated on them. Is it possible to enter college via PLC? if so how long? if not then repeating the LC would be my only option, sadly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

You can get a college place from a plc course.
    Just make sure the course you want to do in plc has some connection with the college course and that it's a course you would enjoy doing.

I get the repeating the leaving probably means a new curriculum especially in english and if you dont do well this year it would be disheartening to not do well again.
    Good luck with whatever you decide.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Suggest you contact and make an appointment with your Adult Ed. officer in the local ETB (was VEC). Their job is to assist and advise people in exactly your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sheepintheback

spurious wrote: »
    Suggest you contact and make an appointment with your Adult Ed. officer in the local ETB (was VEC). Their job is to assist and advise people in exactly your situation.

Yes, or even organise a meeting with the Career Guidance Teacher in your school, although the Adult Ed. officer would probably be best, CG teacher is just another option as they know these things VERY well also....(well the one in my school does anyway!!!!!!!!)

Advertisement