Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Micra Automatic 2006

Options
  • 12-04-2018 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm looking into buying an automatic micra. The car is 12 years old so I was wondering if the transmission would still be in good shape. I know nothing about cars so I don't know whether it would be any good or not. I'd also appreciate if anyone had a rough estimate for what it would cost to fix or replace the transmission if anything went wrong with it.

TIA,
    Claire

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Pay a decent mechanic to give it a thorough once over.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LariToper

Also check is it a Micra or a March (japanese import). Most auto micras here are actually imported from the Japanese domestic market. Easiest way to tell (apart from the badges) is if the rear number plate is a more square shape. The reason I mention it is insurers tend to discriminate towards any JDM car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Clairem93

LariToper wrote: »
    Also check is it a Micra or a March (japanese import). Most auto micras here are actually imported from the Japanese domestic market. Easiest way to tell (apart from the badges) is if the rear number plate is a more square shape. The reason I mention it is insurers tend to discriminate towards any JDM car.

I've done a cartell check on the one I'm looking to buy and fortunately it's not an import :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Best get someone to check the car over. I wouldn't think there's any cause for concern with the automatic transmission. We have a 1.6 Nissan Note auto in our house and the automatic is fine. Not very economical or quick, but reliable. The electrics in that generation Micra can be flakey. Make sure all lights and buttons work well enough. And check brakes for wear, autos eat brakes quicker than manuals in general. (Not something to be concerned about, but it could be a bargaining point).

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The ignition barrels on those are a bit crap so if it feels funny be wary.

• Advertisement
Advertisement