Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on areas to live in Kilkenny City

Options
  • 12-04-2018 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,
    We're in the process of buying in Kilkenny City, we've lived in London for over 10yrs and although I'm from KK County, I'm a bit out of touch.
    We have two toddlers and ideally would like to be able to walk to town/castle/schools etc.

What is Ardnore/The Village like, as we're really interested in a property there?
    Also there are properties for sale in Beechlawns/The Fairways but I've no idea what the area is like?

Any tips or help would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭behan29

Hi

Im orginally from ardnore/village area. It is a good place to live. You have everything on your doorstep/ 5 minute drive. There is 3 primary schools within 5 minute drive.3 supermarkets and a 5 minute walk from the river. Larchfield has a large green area. Ardnore has no green area but elm green has. It is a safe place to live and is a bit safer than London!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 KKGirlatheart

That's great thanks. Sounds like what we're looking for!
    Beats the gang murders in our local Tesco car park in London 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭behan29

There is very few gang murders in ardnore!! Its a quiet area and you wont get any bother. Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭HughCassidy

There is no place in kilkenny is bad only Hebron park, Newpark close they would be bad, the fairways, Beechlawns , are houses built in the last fifteen years they are on the opposite side of town to Ardnore within walking distance of railway station, mcdonagh junction, new park shopping centre, new cinema going up where the old cattle mart was. The best of luck

Advertisement