Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay Power - cancelling contract

Options
  • 12-04-2018 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I am ashamed to say I fell for this a year ago and just tried to cancel with them. I am almost sure I signed up for a year but allegedly it was 24months which I have asked them to prove to me as soon as possible.

Either way I am willing to pay to get out of it but has anyone else found it nigh on impossible to do so?

The guy talked at me for what felt like forever and was verging on insulting at times when I reiterated this set up just does not suit me for a variety of reasons. I ended up hanging up.

If anyone has any recent experience of same I would appreciate some advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

You didn't fall for anything, you weren't tricked, you made a choice. It seems a bad choice. Anyway that doesn't matter now..

What have the company said about cancellation policy? That is assuming it is a 24 month contract? You need to check this first and then people can probably advise better

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

Im trying to get out of a contract too. Mine will end next month and I switched to another supplier but they keep ringing me to try to get me back. I have to say they have been very rude and I don't like them at all. Seeing another side to those company that I don't like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Im trying to get out of a contract too. Mine will end next month and I switched to another supplier but they keep ringing me to try to get me back. I have to say they have been very rude and I don't like them at all. Seeing another side to those company that I don't like.

If you are no longer a customer, you can ask for them not to contact you for marketing or sales purposes under data privacy law. If they keep doing so, report them to the Data Protection Commission

Advertisement