Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommended resort Majorca for twins one and a half years old

• 12-04-2018 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Has anyone got any tips ? We’re hoping to go last week of September , not sure where to go? Looking for somewhere that’ll suit the kids, close to the beach, one bed apartment that will supply cots etc ....
    If anyone’s has been could you let me know that’d be amazin thanks in advance, J

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

jimmyd1981 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any tips ? We’re hoping to go last week of September , not sure where to go? Looking for somewhere that’ll suit the kids, close to the beach, one bed apartment that will supply cots etc ....
    If anyone’s has been could you let me know that’d be amazin thanks in advance, J

Best I can tell you is Alcudia.
    As a 22 year old lad going to Majorca with a group of lads and "accommodation on arrival" we were dismayed to arrive in the family friendly Alcudia area of the island!!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭junebabies

The Viva tropic in Alcudia is fab and perfect for young family's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭bilbot79

The Inturotels apartments in Cala d'Or are excellent for your purpose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

bilbot79 wrote: »
    The Inturotels apartments in Cala d'Or are excellent for your purpose

intruhotels Cala d'Or are indeed fantastic, however i suggest to bring the grandparents as it is goin g to be a tiring holiday- immediately starting at the airport and finishing on your return at the airport! Your twins will constantly be exploring, you will not get a moments peace -constantly keeping an eye on them, be it the swimming pool, taking other peoples things to play withand of course keeping them in the shade. Your better off going somewhere in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

junebabies wrote: »
    The Viva tropic in Alcudia is fab and perfect for young family's

Agree on this one, its not called Zafiro tropic however.

We went when our son was 22 months, he had a ball. Two playgrounds, lovely kids pool that is shallow that they can walk in, bouncy castle, 5 min walk to the beach which is one of the best in Europe. Kids games through out the day and a new mascot and kids disco at night, adult entertainment on after for an hour and the kids club reps do stuff during this as well, ballon animals etc and arts and crafts.

Highly recommend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

intruhotels Cala d'Or are indeed fantastic, however i suggest to bring the grandparents as it is goin g to be a tiring holiday- immediately starting at the airport and finishing on your return at the airport! Your twins will constantly be exploring, you will not get a moments peace -constantly keeping an eye on them, be it the swimming pool, taking other peoples things to play withand of course keeping them in the shade. Your better off going somewhere in Ireland.

That's a ridiculous comment. You have no idea what the Ops kids are like. I'm sure they have thought about what their own children will be like on holidays already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

Alcudia is good, wide beaches and a long beach boardwalk for naps in a buggy. Loads of playground areas around the town and strip south of town.
    It's about an hour across the island from the airport though, so bear that in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭bilbot79

The weather though

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jimmyd1981

Booked into this hotel for a week, they are tiring enough here so may as well be in the sunshine for it anywhere recommend to eat ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

jimmyd1981 wrote: »
    the one thing I'd really advise is to get the long slieve UV protective swim suits and hats for the toddlers, as then theres far less skin needing sun cream.
    Aldi/ Lidl should have them this time of year on deal for a few euro and i think pennys stock them in the smaller sizes too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement